Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This quite possibly, but my speculation is they will make the first batch (production test vehicles)in Nevada. From there once the finished trucks come off the line they will load them up use them to go to Fremont to deliver battery cells. Testing and delivery all in one shot. Then once validated they will produce at whatever factory will open up later.

That's possible but in the long run it seems to make more sense to build Semis at a hub for vehicle manufacturing, which the new Gigafactory will be and Sparks probably won't be. That's part of the reason I'm guessing they'll build the Semi at the new Gigafactory.

But this is all reading tea leaves -- anything is possible and Tesla seems to update its plans regularly.

I don't mean to encourage trolling but I'd like to learn more about accounts payable.

A brief lesson specific to Tesla would be most welcome

Tesla has payments outstanding to supplier for all the parts they use to build the cars etc. They are at $4Bn which is normally ok as the have a short cash conversion cycle (selling cars and realising revenue). However with the factory closed this is going to be due soon.

Also raised to $1100 at New Street Research (Pierre Ferragu)

Twitter
Well, I guess Pierre figured out an answer to the question he posted...
upload_2020-4-30_10-8-28.png

Pierre's prior price targets were mentioned in this Jan 21, 2020 article.

"Long-time Tesla bull Pierre Ferragu of New Street Research on Tuesday boosted his Tesla price target to $800 from $530"

"Ferragu initiated coverage of Tesla in May 2018 with a price target of $530, then the highest on Wall Street"

TSLA was in the high 200s in May 2018, a low of 176.99 in June, crossed 530 in Jan 2020 and 800 in Feb before the Covid-19 pandemic impacted the price. Will be interesting to see when $1,100 is reached.

We’re in the $800’s. Terrific. Not doing any selling. Next year we will be at $1,XXX and in 2022 we could be at $1,5XX and in 2023.....enjoy the ride up. It will be a beautiful journey. More and more people will join as Tesla goes mainstream.

1000 next year? I'm betting we hit that by end of May with battery day

I really wish Elon could have controlled his anger during the call. I understand it, but he came across as a dumb ass. People arent locked in their homes. People can go out, they can enjoy nature, they can get fresh air, they can even shop. Yes lots of restrictions and a lot of them wont change anytime soon even if state changes restrictions. Simply put until the world appears safe the vast majority of people are going to hunker down no matter what. So he just comes across uninformed and honestly as the CEO of Tesla that is the worst thing that he can do. If he had said is vehemently disagrees with how the social distancing is being handled and he will work tirelessly along with the state to make sure people at Tesla factories are safe and put in place best practices others can emulate it would have appear wise. Instead he comes across as a dumb ass and he isn't one.

I still have plenty in my long term account which I wont touch for over 10 years, my short term account though is long other stocks not short Tesla. Just warning you guys things are about to get rough for Tesla, don't say I didn't warn you. Stay safe guys.
Almost a sandwich care bear post...so close.

I really wish Elon could have controlled his anger during the call. I understand it, but he came across as a dumb ass. People arent locked in their homes. People can go out, they can enjoy nature, they can get fresh air, they can even shop. Yes lots of restrictions and a lot of them wont change anytime soon even if state changes restrictions. Simply put until the world appears safe the vast majority of people are going to hunker down no matter what. So he just comes across uninformed and honestly as the CEO of Tesla that is the worst thing that he can do. If he had said is vehemently disagrees with how the social distancing is being handled and he will work tirelessly along with the state to make sure people at Tesla factories are safe and put in place best practices others can emulate it would have appear wise. Instead he comes across as a dumb ass and he isn't one.
Throwing around words like fascist isn't productive for sure. Because of his previous words and the media's interpretation he has already been painted as a Covid denier (which I don't think is valid but that's the perception). This issue has been so thoroughly politicized by a certain POTUS that even weighing in on the issue invites a firestorm.
Information out of Wuhan suggests you are very much correct. Their lock down has been over for some time but restaurants are still mostly take out only and people are staying inside and avoiding each other.

You may be right, but when Elon called battery day the most exciting thing to ever happen to Tesla I got the impression it would be truly game changing.
I'm cautiously optimistic. It really could be amazing news that kills the "competition is coming" narrative once and for all. Or it could be a more boring but long term plan like we had on autonomy day that doesn't excite anyone except for us Tesla nerds.

please re read your last sentence. I truly mean no offence, but that is absurd.

It is not. Many people who demand the current SAH policy remains assume all risk conditions are equal. They are not. Many people's spouses are in healthcare or retail groceries, while they work in clean-rooms or easily isolated production areas. The only time they would mingle with others is during breaks, which can be easily limited to promote social distancing. There is NO distancing at home! So for these people, the risk of getting infected will primarily come from their spouse, ergo home is riskier!

Having said that, mass transit into work would indeed be riskier, because you can't social distance inside a bus/train.

I think one of the reasons why bears are defending the $805 SP level so vigorously is due to technicals: if we breech $805, the next resistance level isn't until $944 and that's gonna leave some bears a tad short... :p

View attachment 537114

Hopefully we bash through that line in the sand today in the After-hrs session. Popcorn ready.

Cheers!

Yup. MMs and Shortzes are desperate to keep today's Close below $805

Lot's of covering going on today. Desperation is rife in the camp of the shortzes, you can smell it...

Desperation Everywoody.jpg

But Max Pain won't matter come Monday, boyz. It's a long way to the River... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
As usual the earnings and corresponding analyst upgrades need a couple of days to sink in to trigger a decent SP rise.

I'd say by Wednesday next week we'll see $900, which will in turn trigger margin calls for shorts, leading to $1000 the Wednesday after that (May 13th). Add tot that the speculation regarding Battery Day in the third week of May and $1000 is secured.

You heard it here first, folks!

(TL;DR: anyone selling now doesn't have a clue)

Good thing about Elon is it’s always the next thing. He doesn’t stop at making cars. People will be in euphoria about sending astronauts to space, battery day if it’s the game changer we hope will be huge and we simply know with him that a bad news day will be followed by a hundred good news days.

I 100% trust him to get us where we hope he will and even to over deliver. For the same reasons Elon is great is the reason he’s frustrated by this pandemic. It’s slowing the rate of innovation at his companies. The astronaut that worked for him at SpaceX says he measures each day by if it gets them closer to Mars. Every day is important and sometimes he won’t be able to turn that mode off in his brain.

Enjoy the greatness, be a fan, invest, disagree when you see fit and be a part of history. Not many get to enjoy moments in history that revolutionize the world and others. Some live through wars, we live in the time of Musk.

Yes, I agree with most of what you say. People can get out and do things for the most part, but the point I think is that people are increasingly being devastated by their inability to earn a living. This is especially true of small business owners. I think at some point...soon I think, we as a society are going to have to come to the conclusion that we have successfully avoided the overburden of the medical system, especially from an equipment standpoint, and despite the risks, it is time to get back to work. We are much more knowledgeable now than we were and, with proper precautions, we can do this with minimal risk.

Will it be just like it was before? Certainly not. But I think it is time to start giving people back their ability to support themselves and their families. Few people, I would guess, are ok relying on the government to support them, especially when they really can't without huge ramifications down the road. Just my opinion (and apparently Elon's, lol) but I certainly respect the views of others that disagree. It's just not a black and white type of problem.

Dan