Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please delete this post, doxxing is not cool.
Dont-Feed-Hallucinogens-to-Alligators.jpg

My wife has been asking me to sell our stocks to take profit and then wait for it to drop to rebuy. I'm in the long camp and did not want to time the market since there is no guarantee that we can buy back at lower price.
So you can imagine her madness when we didn't sell when stock went to 960 only to see it drop to 300+ weeks later.
Yesterday, she told me to sell today. So I didn't want to sell at 860 when market opened.
Now it dropped 100 points.

On one hand, I understand her logic. On the other hand, I think it's a better strategy to hold it long term and don't just watch it daily and worry about timing it.

What your advice?
I think you should get a divorce. Then years later you will be filthy rich and can marry some young hottie /s

PATHETIC.

Possibly.. but correct too.

Sorry, I love TSLA and Elon and this has just been sad watching him tweet nonsense about the pandemic.

This pandemic can't be just solved in a the space of a tweet.

And those that saying who cares shut everything down for years are just as wrong as people like Elon saying who cares open everything up right now.

But I remain...

TSLA Long.

Still makes sense.

My wife has been asking me to sell our stocks to take profit and then wait for it to drop to rebuy. I'm in the long camp and did not want to time the market since there is no guarantee that we can buy back at lower price.
So you can imagine her madness when we didn't sell when stock went to 960 only to see it drop to 300+ weeks later.
Yesterday, she told me to sell today. So I didn't want to sell at 860 when market opened.

On one hand, I understand her logic. On the other hand, I think it's a better strategy to hold it long term and don't just watch it daily and worry about timing it.

What your advice?
This is not advice: Don't sell unless something (bad) actually happens to the company fundamentals. Timing the market is generally a sure way to lose (Those with flux capacitors excepted) . TSLA typically rises before earnings, drops after earnings, rises again after the market has had time to digest the results (and forgets about the hit pieces that always come out just after earnings). CV-19 is just making it a little more volatile than usual.

There are a numbers of members on this forum I hold in the highest regard—especially for their education, training, and skills related to stock analysis and the market in general. However, I am convinced that Tesla market activity is a Black Swan. The company, it’s technologies and it’s market activity, especially it’s share price are an anomaly. They will be studied at business schools for years to come.

It’s not that I don’t value their perspectives; I simply see Tesla in class to itself. It is impossible to draw parallels to any other company.

What your advice?

Ask her if your marriage should be like that too? Divorce her when she is "overweight" and marry back when she is "underweight"?

Not advice!

Sorry, I love TSLA and Elon and this has just been sad watching him tweet nonsense about the pandemic.

And those that saying who cares shut everything down for years are just as wrong as people like Elon saying who cares open everything up right now.

But I remain...

TSLA Long.

Still makes sense.
It is hard to imagine Elon saying "who cares" about anything. Every opinion Elon has has some basis in science. This pandemic is no exception. I believe, in the final analysis, Elon will be proven right.

The worst part is Elon's actual message was lost in his inflammatory and ignorant rhetoric. Instead of sounding like a madman he could have simply said something along the lines of "Tesla is in position to resume operations safely because of our experience in China", or something similar. Instead he gave us "FREE AMERICA NOW" :rolleyes:

What your advice?

Divorce

I remember someone declaring here they bought a bunch of shares at $880 AH and saying that this is the top... I hope whoever it was, got out in the morning for a nominal loss.
Thanks for the warning though, I scalped $20 on $TSLA in the morning, and then rode the way down on puts.
In the long run it won't matter.