Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not going to die for Elon Musk's bonus.

I listened to the Apple earnings call today and nobody complained about the stay at home orders. Apple is not only focused on long term growth, but they also care about the safety of it's employees and customers. I sold some Tesla stock today and I will but some Apple tomorrow.

Elon Musk should get off twitter.

Ha, you probably have never visited Apple's manufacture in Shenzhen with Foxconn.
Foxconn suicides - Wikipedia
Life and death in Apple’s forbidden city

It's same as Google and Facebook claimed how much care about your privacy. Petty talk.

I listened to the Apple earnings call today and nobody complained about the stay at home orders. Apple is not only focused on long term growth, but they also care about the safety of it's employees and customers. I sold some Tesla stock today and I will but some Apple tomorrow.

Good luck growing your aapl stock 10x.

One thing I gathered on reddit and from some individuals is how little they understand paper wealth.

Past certain point (pretty low bar) the billions lost and billions gained reported in headlines are meaningless figures associated with stock fluctuation that has very little meaning.

Elon doesn't need any of the bonus and he could have retired some years ago with highest quality of life doing nothing. The bonuses meant much more as potential capital used to fuel space colonization than for personal enjoyment.

After-action Report: Thu, Apr 30, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $813.87
Volume: 28,494,622
Traded: $23,190,952,939.60 ($23.19 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 95.99%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 40.7% (40th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 51.2% (55th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "Auto repair like it never happened"

View attachment 537606
Your graph shows TSLA down 11%! I guess that's from high (near opening of pre-market) to low, but that doesn't jibe with the normal practice (of counting rise/fall from previous close).

Apples livlihood is also based off a bunch of american's who can work from home and a bunch of Chinese who have no choice.

Tesla needs a new CEO and a new board.
EC756417-5E76-42CD-AAB1-280598A2ADF4.gif

My 2 cents -
Tesla is Elon and Elon is Tesla - there is no separating one from the other. So Tesla might as well come out and fully, but politely, support their leader and the opinion he has already publicized. Now, I am not saying come out and say that the local government is fascist, but if articulated properly, they could turn the tables and put the local Alameda county officials on the defensive. It might even give other local businesses a rallying point to demand similar explanations from the county officials why they have to remain shutdown

What I am thinking is a blog post over the weekend clearly laying out Tesla's position, rationale and arguments in favor of being allowed to open up with precautions.
  • The local officials have done a fantastic job of 'flattening the curve'. The healthcare system is not overwhelmed as previously feared, with hospitalization rate is much lower than predicted.
  • As Gov Newsom stated, opening up the economy in phases can now be started by allowing essential businesses to open. Mfg is essential business and with strict guidelines in place, should be allowed to open to keep the economy of the area moving.
  • Tesla has a well thought out plan of how to manage opening keeping social distancing guidances in place. Experience from China and plans for Nevada/Buffalo factories
  • All over US and the Western world, mfg is slowly being resumed, even in areas much harder hit than Bay areas. E.g. all other auto mfg in US, Ferrari in Italy etc
  • It is surprising then that Alameda county will not allow opening, nor will they specify a timeline for this. All the points Elon brought up during the ER call about suppliers and small businesses who may not survive longer shutdowns can be explained more articulately than his twitter statements
  • Politely ask for a clear justification for keeping businesses shutdown. Explain that just demanding things being shutdown with no explanations is not how things are done in a democracy.

If they can post it over the weekend, it gives folks time to read and digest this. It also gives a good and positively written basis for others to openly express support. Right now, even if folks agree with Elon about going back to work, most are not going to come out and openly support him because of this comments about fascism etc.

Well, just my thoughts. I am so tired of seeing the sound bites which were a minor part of the ER call, but became big bold headlines.

It looks like you are a high-functioning individual who "get's it".

Elon could have done what you are recommending without first making controversial comments but a true master has to pique interest and curiosity to gain a willing audience. Otherwise good rational and convincing arguments fall on deaf ears.

Short-sighted and superficial people appear unable to see how Elon is gaining a voice in this debate as it develops daily. They can only see the skin of the onion while everyone knows an onion has many layers. Elon is getting people to look at the layers inside the onion. It's so obvious it's comical to watch those who criticize him as if he is an emotional idiot who doesn't know exactly what he is doing.