Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The truth is Tesla isn’t worth as much without musk. Disagree all you want. I’m not happy about this, but in no way does the vision go on without musk
Really not true. Half of Tesla's value is its amazing and unusually smart employees. If these actions deter them, we have an issue. If firing Elon keeps them, its the best thing to do. If keeping Elon makes more of them happy, thats the best thing to do. i have no idea what they think, though as many of them own stock, I am sure they are not happy right now.

Tesla does not need Elon as much as SpaceX does. Tesla might slow down innovation without Elon, but they have a huge head start. Auto and battery is not an issue, self driving might be if he leaves.

Boy, what a dick. It's one thing when Musk goes off the deep end while trying to defend himself against a cave diver (even if he goes too far), or to defend his employees/suppliers from government intervention (even if he goes too far).

Today he's [intentionally] actively harming Tesla employees and investors, many of whom have been with/behind the company for many years.

What a dick. Grow up, or shut up.

Here's a totally ridiculous, crazy thought: what if it's the whole "the cure can't be worse than the disease" approach? Where he came to the realisation that playing ball with the authorities results in some of Tesla's suppliers going bust, which results in severe delays in resuming production even after the factory can reopen, which will sink the SP and hurt employees' stock options anyway? Damage the SP now intentionally to get everyone's attention? Also, it's not really insider trading, he didn't release any material info on the company, he just gave his opinion on the SP...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just go back to my corner and resume laughing hysterically.

No. He will probably lose CEO but will keep his shares. Bonus scheme still applies if he is chief product designer which SEC can't remove him from as it's not a regulated position
"Mr. Musk must also remain as Tesla’s CEO or serve as both Executive Chairman and Chief Product Officer,in each case with all leadership ultimately reporting to him, at the time each milestone is met in order for the corresponding tranche to vest. "
https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/55362f0a-ee8a-4fcc-ba11-cc09194974b6

Elon tweet - “stock to high imho“

He did say this in the last 7 years at least 3 times I do record but its been likely more often. Remember where the SP was in 2013 and where it is now?

Its nothing new here to see he just does that from time to time and it did not have any impact for long term investors at all.

Does anyone remember the terms of the previous SEC settlement? What was the punishment for violating the terms again, which I am pretty sure he has done here? I believe he will be removed as CEO, correct?
Does anyone remember the terms of the previous SEC settlement? What was the punishment for violating the terms again, which I am pretty sure he has done here? I believe he will be removed as CEO, correct?
Elon Musk and SEC reach an agreement over tweeting - CNN
Screenshot_20200501-110604.png

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms