Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a confirmed date on Battery Day, or are you going off unofficial statements and guesses? When I went searching, the closest thing I found was about a week ago - an article quoting Elon saying that he thought the 3rd week in May was about right, but nothing firm.

Tesla battery day: Elon Musk teases firm's most important 2020 event
Ya been going off of what he said in the Earning call. I previously had may calls that I moved when he said that. Then bought more when the price dropped after his tweet which I have again rolled to june

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Exactly. The hypocrisy of that party is showing itself more and more on a daily basis. I'm just a free thinking independent and gotta say it is becoming clear to me the lesser of the 2 evils. The brainwashing by using the "good" cause has never been more clear. Now watch----the same people that liked your post will disagree with this one.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Nothing as it seems.

FREE AMERICA AND FREE THIS God D FORUM!
Isn't there a political thread you could be wanking away on? Every post from you is Trump good, Democrats bad.

Huh. Imagine that. Didn’t even make it two trading days of your several weeks time frame and you’ve done a full reversal.

You didn’t answer my time frame questions last time, but maybe this time?

Define super long? To me that’s like a decade, but to you I suspect that’s maybe 7? days?

No reason to define several weeks or months. I got that. It’s equal to 1-4 trading days.
Dude stop being a cyber/bully if you got nothing better to do at least mind your own business
If you have difficulty not realize what I’m talking about then go consult a dictionary
I find your comments irritating to say the least and in the real world you would not get a minute of my time
And by the way I also have a question for you-
In your high school years were you a bully because you sure sounds like one And I’m assuming that you are a grown up individual and not a high schooler anymore

Last edited:
That being said, it would be an awfully boring forum if every member just bought and held.

That's a common misconception about buying and holding. That it's boring and you don't have to do anything. It's critical that a buy and hold investor keep their eyes on the ball (the company, not so much the share price, especially not hour by hour). It's important to stay abreast of real developments within the company and the competition because you don't want to be invested in something that's going to be flat to down for three or four years (or even longer). As investors in Tesla, we are kind of in a golden period with no near-term risk of competition which means there's one less thing to focus on. It's also important to know the difference between a small earnings miss that will correct itself the following quarter or two and a larger, more systemic problem with the business, products, management effectiveness or changes in market preferences or the competition that risks never correcting itself.

For example, if the CEO tweets his opinion that the share price might have gotten ahead of itself, but you see no problem looking out a couple of quarters, you don't panic. Or if some bad news comes out and the price drops 30% overnight, it's important to not panic because the bad news might already be fully priced in (or maybe you suspect the problem identified is only the tip of the iceberg and you decide to sell). Or there may be an expensive problem with every car the company built in the last year or two and you have a heads up before the market realizes just how prevalent and expensive the fix is, you might want to bail if you can before the market understands the problem. But it's necessary to weigh the negatives with the positives with an eye down the road.

Personally, I find the incessant worrying and preoccupation with every little 10% move up or down, on nothing really fundamental to the company's longer-term prospects, to be rather tiresome but I put up with it and read past much of it because I realize different investors have different styles. That doesn't mean I find it interesting, just that I accept some people can't help but focus on the share price at any given moment. It's built into the way their brain works or the way they view money and assets.

I don't understand why someone would buy on margin, ITM LEAPS seems way safer. Not advice, just never understood the thinking. Margin terrifies me. As does option writing. But buying some calls at 750 that expire in Jun 2022? Im ok with that risk.

Again, not advice.

Simple buying shares on a reasonable amount of margin is a bet that in the long run the shares will appreciate more than the interest rate, while the price will not drop enough to trigger a margin call in the meanwhile.

‘Your $750 Leaps could expire completely worthless and you would lose 100%, if Tesla merely meanders around the current price or lower. In fact we just recently saw Tesla being stuck in a channel for no logical reason for five years, where you could have easily lost it all by making a similar sure thing bet, back in 2016, or 2017.

‘Or Coronavirus might really resurge in the fall, we might have even more job loss, customer confidence loss, enter a depression that we don’t pull out of, until 2nd half of 2022, and TSLA struggles with everyone else.

even though neither scenario is likely, you are risking 100% of your investment. Whereas with shares bought on margin, you would not be.

Dude stop being a cyber/bully if you got nothing better to do at least mind your own business
If you have difficulty not realize what I’m talking about then go consult a dictionary
I find your comments irritating to say the least and in the real world you would not get a minute of my time
And by the way I also have a question for you-
In your high school years were you a bully because you sure sounds like one And I’m assuming that you are a grown up individual and not a high schooler anymore

Be the bigger person here then and show me up by answering the questions.

How come Friday you said TSLA was going to lose at least 50% of its value based on the charts over the next several weeks and that’s why you went to all cash, only to turn around 1 trading day later to say on Monday TSLA was now going to gain at least 50% of its value based on the charts over the next several weeks or months and that’s why you went to all common?

What happened over the weekend, when no trading was happening, that caused the charts to flip 180 degrees and negate those several weeks of doom. I am your humble pupil ready to learn.

Elon reply Gali:
$TSLA battery day in a tweet

maxwell cells built in house. cheaper/faster to scale production on a smaller footprint. more energy efficient, and will last 1M miles (less degradation). no cobalt

= @Tesla battery packs get more range AND are cheaper to produce

@elonmusk ?
With:
There are many pieces to the puzzle

Now I’m excited about Battery Day, seems more than we are expecting.

Maybe its time for a letter writing campaign towards the same, and just maybe it would get Elon's attention and he would quit messin around with that kid and get with the program. Aren't there a bunch of CA politicians who would be sympathetic and interested in looking like they helped get a few Green jobs back?

As a teacher in government biased in favor of liberal democracies, of course I cannot argue against your wish to influence government by participating in politics. A great deal of Trump's political brilliance is in understanding and taking advantage of our generally apathetic population which may change because of Trump's lack of leadership skills, or not. Equally I am indifferent to the price of TSLA at these levels since I have been investing since 2010, and last at $760 or so, yet our price average per share is $77.

I'm reluctantly coming to the realization, which I do not like, that politicians have a different reality where countervailing pressures must be measured for decision. At some point the great ones have a reputation for fairness and speaking the truth about unpleasant decisions and preparing us to receive them. Gavin Newsom is doing a great job, Cuomo less so with a tougher problem with subways, yada, yada.

I recently touched base with my 85 year old economist buddy and his retired wife who was a very high level staffer in the California Legislative Analyst's Office. The LAO has the highest rep. nationally except perhaps for Congress which normally can tap all government's experts but is currently kneecapped by the ignoramus in chief. (For decades she was the top analyst for the transportation budget, for example.) Both give Newsom highest praise. We didn't talk about Alameda County. I didn't ask, but they are probably incompetent in that area and I certainly am.