Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the sense that Tesla like to hang a carrot out there in the future just so ppl like me hold. Even if battery day turns out to be a short term dud (rewards coming in the future), that carrot is powerful. And I think that's the trick with Tesla, innovation machine, tomorrow will again amaze us.

A little OT...
I'm finding some amazing deals on used items (craigslist etc...) which seems to track the April drop in cost of Goods & Services. My banking neighbor claims that deflation occurs before inflation. True? Are we headed for that inflation rollercoaster too? I'm buying stuff only bc of my retirement age timing this year, but it's a candy store out there - feels like I'm ripping people off while they're glad anyone is buying at all it seems.

Good call, picking up a corded electric edger for 35 bucks.

Also an algorithm I follow looks to be targeting 778 / 768 for next resistance in TSLA. Take that as you will. I don't short tsla, only ever buy.

I get the sense that Tesla like to hang a carrot out there in the future just so ppl like me hold. Even if battery day turns out to be a short term dud (rewards coming in the future), that carrot is powerful. And I think that's the trick with Tesla, innovation machine, tomorrow will again amaze us.

You will look back on this in 5 years and realize just how valuable that was for your financial position.

It's hard to hold while knowing the market is tanking (I'm expecting the recovery to be extremely slow, with worse to come).
Simultaneously, Tesla is about to rocket IMO. This is my dissonance.

Last year, same issue with the general feeling that the overall market was in a bubble (friends sitting on sidelines with cash etc...). I think the right thing to do is watch TSLA get walked down (sad, but par for the course)... then boldly buy more! I still have that buy at $666, lol.

Where's your buy priced?
word of advice: at some point, macros will trump every upside that TSLA has going for it, at least for the short term. We saw it during March when TSLA tanked 60% coming off a ridiculously strong Q4. It can happen again. Problem is to determine where that point is.

From Elon:

Just wanted to send you a note of appreciation for working hard to make Tesla successful. It is so cool seeing the factory come back to life and you are making it happen!!

An honest day’s work spent building products or providing services of use to others is extremely honorable. I have vastly more respect for someone who takes pride in doing a good job, whatever the profession, than some rich or famous person who does nothing useful.

Although he forgot to add: BTW, we are closing the plant and getting the **** out of here as soon as possible so you will all be unemployed again .... unless you want to sell your house, pull your kids out of schools and uproot your life and move to Tx(?) .... have a nice day.

FWIW, I think Tesla could have easily worked this out without creating a complete PR nightmare .... I do think they should be given the chance to prove they can reopen safely ... and I do believe the will. The amount of negative sentiment he has stirred up for the company was unnecessary, he could have accomplished the same thing with a call to Newsom (we know now that he didn't as Newsom was unaware of what Elon was up to) and come out looking like a hero: "We are working closely with the leadership of CA to reopen and get people back to work so they can take care of their families" .... Could have been a WIN/WIN.

ABC headline in my feed; County Sheriff received over 200 complaints about Tesla reopening.

giphy.webp

From Elon:

Just wanted to send you a note of appreciation for working hard to make Tesla successful. It is so cool seeing the factory come back to life and you are making it happen!!

An honest day’s work spent building products or providing services of use to others is extremely honorable. I have vastly more respect for someone who takes pride in doing a good job, whatever the profession, than some rich or famous person who does nothing useful.

Although he forgot to add: BTW, we are closing the plant and getting the **** out of here as soon as possible so you will all be unemployed again .... unless you want to sell your house, pull your kids out of schools and uproot your life and move to Tx(?) .... have a nice day.

Nonsense.

See the stock is down about 3.5% now but the market in general is also down.

The Today Show had this segment on Tesla:

I hate they are using old footage from the assembly line without people wearing masks. Tesla should be sending footage out to agencies showing protocols being used in place to assure people what is actually being done. Would give a better public impression during this CV time.

From Elon:

Speaking as someone who has moved multiple times for work, including overseas multiple times, boo hoo.

I am sure if Tesla moves production out of CA they will try to keep as many of their experienced employees as they can. The employees will almost certainly find the new location gives them a higher standard of living than they left behind in CA.