Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These were 5 calls I sold when the SP was $805, so I didn't get a huge premium for them, but enough to buy 4 more core shares. I chose that strike as I thought it was safe, but still gave a decent premium, but with $TSLA you never know :D

Dang! You weren't bullish enough to make the real money! But that's the way it goes with stock or options trading, no one gets all the profit, all the time.

I have noticed a trend regarding TSLA traders. The more bullish traders seem to make the bulk of the profits. This is how it tends to go with traders of companies that are more productive and more innovative than average. I expect this trend will continue for at least another 5 years. These are the companies that it's especially profitable to buy and hold over longer periods of time rather than having an itchy finger on the "sell" button.

I have noticed a trend regarding TSLA traders. The more bullish traders seem to make the bulk of the profits. This is how it tends to go with traders of companies that are more productive and more innovative than average. I expect this trend will continue for at least another 5 years. These are the companies that it's especially profitable to buy and hold over longer periods of time rather than having an itchy finger on the "sell" button.

Or putting it another way, being bullish is a good strategy as long as the stock is moving up.

FYI, the NASDAQ-100 NDX is now (9,742.26) above the previous YTD high close (9,718.73) reached back on Wed, Feb 19, 2020:

NASDAQ-100.chart.2020-06-05.09-41.png

Cheers!

Or putting it another way, being bullish is a good strategy as long as the stock is moving up.

I prefer to look at it a little differently. Because stock movements are naturally chaotic. So the fact that the stock is moving up doesn't mean it will continue to move up. And these shorter-term trends matter to a trader while they shouldn't matter at all to a long-term buy/hold investor.

On the other hand, companies that are above average in terms of innovation and productivity will move up, on average, more than that of more typical companies. This might seem like an obvious and trivial observation but it is an important reason why buy/hold investors tend to outperform traders.

Reactions: Donatas and jerry33
Rough guess estimate on valuation.

4 Giga factories each manufacturing 500,000 Units per year, hence 2 million total.
2 million units at $4,000 net profit per unit. That implies $8 billion net profit.
Give that a 40 multiple, therefore a $320 billion mkt cap.

At present we are at about $160 billion mkt cap.
Hence a double in the stock price if all else remains the same.
The 2 million production figure is at least 2 years away.

Is Tesla's Model Y Crossover the World's Best Car?
BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 10:00 AM ET 06/05/2020
I WAS DEBATING whether to proclaim the new Tesla Model Y the best car in the world. Given that the all-electric medium-size crossover ($57,190 for the Long Range Dual Motor AWD, as tested) is the most technically advanced electric automobile made; and that electric cars are functionally superior to those powered by internal combustion; there is a certain Vulcan logic to it.....

Reactions: EinSV and phantasms
Is Tesla's Model Y Crossover the World's Best Car?
BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 10:00 AM ET 06/05/2020
I WAS DEBATING whether to proclaim the new Tesla Model Y the best car in the world. Given that the all-electric medium-size crossover ($57,190 for the Long Range Dual Motor AWD, as tested) is the most technically advanced electric automobile made; and that electric cars are functionally superior to those powered by internal combustion; there is a certain Vulcan logic to it.....
Paywalled link: Is Tesla’s Model Y Crossover the World’s Best Car?

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420