Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean how another Tesla competitor bites the dust? How is that bad for Tesla?
I see Nicola as a Tesla troll or mockup - they grow because many people see it as an early-stage Tesla of tracking, but once the market will turn on them, the similarities might be turned against Tesla. Tweeting CEO? Crazy electrified vehicles? Named by eastern European crazy scientist (is he a CTO by the way)? I mean that level of an uninformed investor or media person.

I see Nicola as a Tesla troll or mockup - they grow because many people see it as an early-stage Tesla of tracking, but once the market will turn on them, the similarities might be turned against Tesla. Tweeting CEO? Crazy electrified vehicles? Named by eastern European crazy scientist (is he a CTO by the way)? I mean that level of an uninformed investor or media person.

If this was Tesla 2012.

Anything it shows the world just how difficult it is for any new competitor or old guard to do what Tesla can do.

Tesla is not a bubble, you make it sound like it is. Nikola is shooting up due to FOMO while Tesla is shooting up because of possible S&P inclusion. Comparing to two stock price action is laughable.

Tesla has more cars in space than Nikola has on earth

tenor.gif

He expects Tesla to 10x in next 10 years, SpaceX to 20x over same time frame. He didn't want to go on CNBC earlier because he felt his optimism could come across as insensitive given the current situations. First thing he learned in the business is to invest when times are bad, which is what he did during March. Mentioned a few tickers, Penn Gaming, Schwab, Tesla, SpaceX are the ones I remembered. There might have been a few others. Went into SpaceX more about their edge with reusable rockets and starlink. That's pretty much it.
The 10x is pretty consistent with the ARK projections.

He puts his money where his mouth is. Tesla, SpaceX and Schwab are in the Baron Partners Funds.

So, by his estimation, I should sell all my TSLA and put it in SpaceX... o_O

Nikola = Foolcells
(Maybe Toyota will be interested:rolleyes:)

MY China story highly unlikely

Our MY still not ready (very early order) so anecdote on production...

Tesla Energy still being ignored

Agree with ARK Invest, ride share service should start with humans sooner rather than later.

Wish I could buy some Space X can't find any avenues for little guys:(

No reason to sell any TSLA any time soon. (Me, but Ron thinks so also:))

The mission remains!

Fire Away!
(It's STILL the batteries, Stupid!)

Small milestone.

Elon once tweeted that Model Y would appear for referral rewards once production had exceeded preorders https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1238938566924763136

The Model Y appeared for referral awards this morning:

View attachment 549567

I dunno, there had to have been at least 200k preorders, and a lot of the preorders (7 seat, for instance) haven't been filled.

Maybe they're just pulling this lever already, since the corona virus thing is now starting to ease and they want to catch the upswing?

I'm having trouble getting that meaning from the link you posted. I've wasted 5 minutes trying to track it down but no luck.

Did you just make it up?

Maybe I'm incorrect in reading into it like this, but when she states that CATL is making a bold statement, in my opinion it seems like she's asking Tesla whether or not CATL has permission from Tesla to make these statements. We don't have much to go on here, but it seems to me the reason for this is because the battery density is too low for it to count as a million mile battery.

However, she then goes on to say 'details are missing in the news'. Maybe you're right, and this is more a reference to the fact that at 250Wh/kg and current battery technology that can only cycle 2000 times, it would be impossible for this to be a million mile battery. Maybe her inference is that the news outlet are missing the details which make it possible (i.e.- this new battery chemistry is able to cycle 4000+ times).

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Tesla investor Ron Baron expects exponential growth for Elon Musk's car company and SpaceX | Squawkbox on CNBC | Tue, June 09, 2020

Key Points:
  • Ron Baron told CNBC on Tuesday he believes "there's 10 times more to go" on growth with Tesla. He also said SpaceX will grow by a multiple of 20 in the next 10 years.
  • Baron's eponymous investment firm holds more than 1.6 million Tesla shares and 814,595 shares of privately held SpaceX.
  • The billionaire buy-and-hold investor also said he would like to have more money to purchase additional Tesla shares.
EDIT: 3:06 min video clip available now on CNBC's Youtube channel | CNBC Television

Cheers!

Last edited: