Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jesus, what a boring review, I couldn't take any more after the first few paragraphs... as dry as a witch's fanny...

Personally I think the ID3 is a decent looking car - perfectly suited to European design tastes. It's very clinical looking and in terms of utility falls somewhere between the BMW i3 (stop sniggering at the back) and the Model 3.

I hope VW sell millions of them - Tesla need all the assistance they can get and would encourage more EV's.

Yesterday only NAS was up, both DOW & S&P were down even after Fed meeting.
Slowly the idea that there might be a 2nd wave of C-19 is creeping into psyche.

As soon as another round of stimulus is announced (likely July) markets are gonna come back up.

Feeling lucky - I closed 1/3 of my index funds just prior to close yesterday. Had added 100% incrementally all the way down ...
Now will wait for 10% correction from top, to start adding again.

cheers!!

While Tesla is humming along nicely, it's great to see some other companies are putting effort into the battery electric future.
Here's Northvolt's battery factory in Sweden where they are aiming for 32GWh p.a. production.
https://twitter.com/northvolt/status/1270995012394921984

upload_2020-6-11_21-6-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-11_21-6-11.png
    upload_2020-6-11_21-6-11.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 106
It's great that stock that won't be named went down more than Tesla today...

Would be great if we had a 20 to 1 split so we could watch and laugh out keisters off.
Previously, I used to think retails can't move the stock price that much. Now, looking at the market, I'm not so sure anymore. $50 TSLA would be explosive.

All this talk of the market taking a dump just a day after the news that we'd basically recovered from this year's drops. Happy camper over here--TSLA weathered today's storm better than most.

I did take advantage of the ridiculous options premiums yesterday and the drop today. Sold a call then, bought it back today and magically now have a bunch more ARKK in my account at no cost to me.

The a look inside the Tesla Semi. It is quite like other Teslas. How comfortable is the average heavy vehicle driver with current Digital tools? Driving it trivial, operating is not.

As a Pro driver who just spent the winter operating a 90ft (300,000lb loaded) vacuum tanker driving on ice-roads in the Prudhoe Bay hinterlands, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one point. Drivers manage GPS touch screens with integrated Bluetooth coms and often-times poorly written software for tracking hours, plus their phones and company radios (all while operating the truck). Driving the equipment is anything but trivial. Heavy trucks are down-right dangerous if not operated by an extremely alert driver. I just spent 30 minutes going over the Model 3's screen functions last week and got 90% of it down pat.
New Tesla trucks will be assigned to the best drivers first. You can be absolutely certain that the new truck won't leave the yard until the driver knows the software screens inside and out. Drivers will come in on their own (unpaid) time to learn it because that's what good drivers in this industry do.

Last edited:
Took the opportunity today to buy half of what I need to get to my current target holding level @ $972. I suspect there will be a chance to fill the other half for less than that in coming days, but in the long view I firmly believe that $1,000 will eventually become a threshold that won't be broken under again. "Eventually," meaning in the next month or two. We shall see.

Jesus, what a boring review, I couldn't take any more after the first few paragraphs... as dry as a witch's fanny...

Personally I think the ID3 is a decent looking car - perfectly suited to European design tastes. It's very clinical looking and in terms of utility falls somewhere between the BMW i3 (stop sniggering at the back) and the Model 3.

I hope VW sell millions of them - Tesla need all the assistance they can get and would encourage more EV's.

I actually saw one in person today with manufacturer plates on. Not a bad looking car, but it struck me as pretty small.

AACF3772-24F9-41AF-99A7-5166CD94F3B7.jpeg

Okay, who here knows what's going on with Tesla Energy? I know one of you knows because an acquaintance who works for a utility casually mentioned Tesla disrupting the whole market. And they refused to tell me more. And they know nothing about Tesla otherwise - they're not a fanboy, investor, or owner. They know because their company knows.

So, spill the beans, people.

Okay, who here knows what's going on with Tesla Energy? I know one of you knows because an acquaintance who works for a utility casually mentioned Tesla disrupting the whole market. And they refused to tell me more. And they know nothing about Tesla otherwise - they're not a fanboy, investor, or owner. They know because their company knows.

So, spill the beans, people.
We know there are 3rd party installer for Solar Roof now, that's pretty big.

While Tesla is humming along nicely, it's great to see some other companies are putting effort into the battery electric future.
Here's Northvolt's battery factory in Sweden where they are aiming for 32GWh p.a. production.
https://twitter.com/northvolt/status/1270995012394921984

View attachment 550502

Northvolt Ett, that's cute. Where will NV Två, Tre, and Fyra be located?

Situated near the city of Skelleftea, which looks to be around 30,000 population! And we thought Reno had population growth problems with GF1...

• Funny
Reactions: wipster