Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not me. Fortunately, no native Americans lost their lives because of white westward settlement, or because of chemical and biological warfare waged by the military. /s Lest we forget....
How many countries have used nuclear bombs? How many have firebombed cities?
This discussion should be in Market Politics.
That said, the valuation of Tesla is probably influenced by political outlook. 'coal rolling' and professional shorts have had material negative effects, although direct measurement is probably impossible. Even the effects fo shorts are a trifle dual-edged since the yield from securities lending encourages some shareholding from investors who otherwise have zero direct yield from holding a non-dividend-paying security.

Jingoism in any form is deleterious to rational investment evaluation. Having lived in more than a dozen countries, including several totalitarian ones, I hesitate to evaluate any government anywhere as inherently superior. There are enough human rights disasters all over the world to tarnish everyone, with blind eyes turned whenever short-term benefits outweigh moral issues.

Tesla is devoted to its mission. That mission needs advancing everywhere, regardless of political issues. China, fore example has imported pollution from the rest fo the world as it has manufactured products that the 'cleaner' world no longer wants to make. That specifically includes importing dirty coal form the US. On any moral issue one needs to be very cautious to avoid the 'pot and kettle' issues.

In the meantime Tesla is helping reducing pollution for the planet. Specifically they are helping China to do that. It is ridiculous to criticize them fo advancing the very mission we support by being shareholders and owners.

OT

BMW confirms 14 active COVID-19 cases at Spartanburg facility

That was from a few days ago. My friend works there and he just said that they are up to 80 cases. An one of my wife friend's who is a doctor said yesterday that the hospital is starting to fill up with COVID patients.

<s>But at the Travis County meeting yesterday all the well-educated citizens were saying that the few COVID patients in Fremont were a result of Elon’s negligence and disregard for his workers!

I guess BMW’s CEO has the same disregard for his workers!</s>

Tesla segment starts at 06:10 if anybody cares about what this clown has to say; Not a tech company, no real technology, compares them to other auto manufacturers, demand problem everywhere except China, still short blah blah blah.

You might as well put this nonsense on a tape and replay every year. It’s like these guys refuse to evolve.

Their job has never been to evolve. Their job has been to be tools for utter stock manipulation. Many seem to think of those as people. This is the biggest mistake. They are tools to spread their anti-Tesla propaganda. That's all. They will never change. It is like wanting a hammer to become a screwdriver.

Jonas, Kolodny, AI Root, Spiegel and many, many more are tools only.

Would China like to become a major exporter of EVs?
This is a difficult call, and I'm certainly not advising anyone, but I'm going to work on the assumption that the results will be good and will be released pre-market on the morning of the 2nd. If I'm wrong about the date, any reaction will almost certainly happen one trading day later, after the weekend. If I'm wrong about the "good", well, it'll hurt either way too. But waking up to a 10% jump on Thursday that I didn't position for would be an unforced error.

Edit: quoted the wrong post. Meant to reply to @mulder1231, Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Last edited:
Wonder when this clueless bozo is going to admit he was wrong being short TSLA @ $150 (Feb'16) and $180 (Jun'19).

Will it be $2,000? Will it be $3,000? Will it be $5,000? Is he still going to be short when TSLA is a 5 digit stock?

I have a feeling he'll never admit to having been wrong, and that he will at some point just stop talking about it and act like it never happened.

As @Ipe point out, he's already back paddling on the "maximum" part.
Never. Jim Chanos 100 years from now;

upload_2020-6-24_7-30-23.jpeg

How many countries have used nuclear bombs? How many have firebombed cities?
This discussion should be in Market Politics.
That said, the valuation of Tesla is probably influenced by political outlook. 'coal rolling' and professional shorts have had material negative effects, although direct measurement is probably impossible. Even the effects fo shorts are a trifle dual-edged since the yield from securities lending encourages some shareholding from investors who otherwise have zero direct yield from holding a non-dividend-paying security.

Jingoism in any form is deleterious to rational investment evaluation. Having lived in more than a dozen countries, including several totalitarian ones, I hesitate to evaluate any government anywhere as inherently superior. There are enough human rights disasters all over the world to tarnish everyone, with blind eyes turned whenever short-term benefits outweigh moral issues.

Tesla is devoted to its mission. That mission needs advancing everywhere, regardless of political issues. China, fore example has imported pollution from the rest fo the world as it has manufactured products that the 'cleaner' world no longer wants to make. That specifically includes importing dirty coal form the US. On any moral issue one needs to be very cautious to avoid the 'pot and kettle' issues.

In the meantime Tesla is helping reducing pollution for the planet. Specifically they are helping China to do that. It is ridiculous to criticize them fo advancing the very mission we support by being shareholders and owners.

How many countries started WWII and how many countries ended WWII and Nazi and Japanese Imperialism?

This is a difficult call, and I'm certainly not advising anyone, but I'm going to work on the assumption that the results will be good and will be released pre-market on the morning of the 2nd. If I'm wrong about the date, any reaction will almost certainly happen one trading day later, after the weekend. If I'm wrong about the "good", well, it'll hurt either way too. But waking up to a 10% jump on Thursday that I didn't position for would be an unforced error.

My thoughts exactly. All of my accounts will be in TSLA 100% by the end of the day Tues June 30 (barring some macro catastrophe) just in case something gets leaked early.

Edit: quoted the wrong post. Meant to reply to @mulder1231, Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

If they release P/D numbers premarket on the 2nd, we are going to see some wild swings in the weekly options which expire that day, and some huge opportunities for traders.

It all depends on whether Tesla wants to avoid having a big effect on the options market. Do we have any evidence from past publication dates that they care or don't care?

• Love
Reactions: HG Wells
It will be very interesting to see how the market will react if the result is just a bit positive...
If Tesla manages even a $1 in profit in Q2 despite the coronavirus I think the market will go nuts. That means S&P inclusion but more importantly solid odds of profitability from that point onwards.
I've never seen clearer evidence of a coordinated short attack than the first half hour of trading today. Grist for @Papafox's mill. If only we could prove collusion.
Probably not a coincidence that Chanos was making the rounds. Another article brought up Adam Jonas's downgrade and even had nerve to discuss old Gordie the Shortie.