Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little OT, and late but I thought of this yesterday, and since article after article refers to Elon hoping the staff pushes on to "victory". His word "Victory." And He chooses his words wisely, and uses very few at a time to convey multiple points...
This was a chess move...you know what the opposite of posting a profit is if "Victory" is a profit.
DEFEAT.
I think that "Victory" was assured days before if one is just considering profit vs loss. His use of "Victory" is more than just a point of profit margin.
To be victorious you have to have an enemy to be victorious over... he really doesn't like Shortz or people bad-mouthing Tesla. His idea of "Victory" could be crushing the numbers so much that it will be impossible to even make-up a case against Tesla that even the lowest Media agency will allow on the air because they would discredit themselves even to themselves.

Last edited:
Production numbers won't be released until July 2nd at the earliest. The anticipated rise in TSLA on June 30 is due to end-of-Qtr 'window-dressing' by large institutional investors such as pension funds. That is the short game, any effect will be quickly washed away by news on July 2nd (or possibly later), when the P&D report is released.

That was a great call. Thanks for the tips I made some good moves last week. Do you think is going to rip even higher if we get a good P&D report? I moved some more money this morning and I didn't do anything :oops:.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It's looking like it wants to try for 1100 in this last hour...
1100 would make me puke. I already have no idea why I am in the pickle I am in now.
I am being greedy. Or to put it in stock market terms. I am re-assessing my short and long term goals.
When I bought the stock around $650 all I was hoping for was the SP to go up to about $1400 by 2022 or 2223. Whenever my cyber vehicle would be ready (I forget my # but my number should be called when the Cyber is near the end of the second year of production.). Then I could buy a tricked out Cyber, and pay off the mortgage and retire. A poor man's retirement, but a good un. Hell my Social Security check will just about match what I made when I worked.
So now what? There are some acre Islands on the lake... I could buy A Tesla solar roof? Park the Cyber at the Marina?
Whew, thank god it is falling. I can quit thinking about it for now.

Guys, please stop skimming through outdated (Dez 2019) permit filings for GF4.
The updated ones will be online on Thursday.

I skimmed through it. My German is rusty, but nothing much jumped out at me. Confirms projected capacity of 500k vehicles/yr. Long discussion of flora, fauna, water, nearby schools and hospitals, etc.

This bit might be worth looking at: factory layout, including parking, transit station, rail connection, etc. I see a section labeled "CELL", and what look like two parallel factory lines. One for 3 and one for Y, or is it better if they both do both vehicles?

Earlier in the document there's some more detail on the layout:

Just an accounting question. Say you purchase FSD today but your FSD computer still needs to installed, can anything be booked under GAAP as non of the FSD features have been delivered yet due to lack of FSD computer in car?

Under GAAP, only products and services delivered to the customer can be recorded as revenue. So I would say no revenue until it is installed. I am not familiar with how the software works with the hardware. Is your FSD software installed but not workable with the current hardware?

There are worse things that could happen. Most companies would be drooling over the prospect that their product becomes the generic branding for all like products. Think about the value that gives Coke, Kleenex, Google, Xerox, Taser etc. We already have the general populace refer to EV's as a Tesla. It's actually quite a coup.
Lol, TSLA just passed Coke in the S&P500 weighted index:

S&P 500 Companies - S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap

Coca-Cola Company - Market Cap $196.47B​

Cheers!

Just an accounting question. Say you purchase FSD today but your FSD computer still needs to installed, can anything be booked under GAAP as non of the FSD features have been delivered yet due to lack of FSD computer in car?

Depends if you are going for nothing to FSD or EAP to FSD. EAP to FSD not much if anything will be booked. Nothing to FSD expect 50% of that money to be booked since many FSD software can be enabled with HW 2.5

Under GAAP, only products and services delivered to the customer can be recorded as revenue. So I would say no revenue until it is installed. I am not familiar with how the software works with the hardware. Is your FSD software installed but not workable with the current hardware?

I paid for the upgrade (EAP to FSD) the other day and now my car says "Full self driving" under the software tab...I wont have HW3 installed until a few weeks.

It depends on what you are coming from. If you have EAP then likely very little would be recognized. If you are coming from AP then more of it would be recognized as you would get some features turned on instantly. (Like NoA and Summon.)

Today Tesla has overtaken Exxon's market value.
Getting into the weeds a bit but if he had basic AP already then there are features that will work without the new hardware. Nav on Autopilot, and enhanced summon. I wouldn't guess that Tesla would get to that level of detail with revenue but I suppose it's possible.