Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which brings us full circle back to the shorts. With the market surging since mid-March, traders have found much surer ways to make money than shorting TSLA.

Most of the TSLAQ crowd will soon be parted from the rest of their money.

Professional shorts are a different crowd, and if they do research, they will have 2nd thoughts.

Weak longs would only be recent arrivals, previous waves have been shaken out, there is also I believe, still some money on the sidelines, and in particular some money that will soon realise it needs to move house.

In spite of COVID-19 The Tesla Q2 results looks good..

https://twitter.com/seanmmitchell/status/1278515150694150144

Most will be very surprised at Tesla's Q2 outcome. I'm hearing from multiple sources that it was a team effort from top to bottom that contributed to a very stellar outcome.

There is a possibility of a Q2 profit and S&P 500 inclusion, Battery Day may be a big upside..

If I'm a short right now I'm thinking there are much softer targets, some company's valuations don't bear much resemblance to their future prospects...

Will the olden days (7 months ago) of TSLA's volatility return? Perhaps not, but TSLA has been on an absolute tear and even winners take a breather now and again.

Of course "even winners take a breather now and again"! Duh!

The question is, is now "now" or is now "again"? In other words, predicting when the breather happens is a fools game. I'm not new to this.

Would you share with us what you are doing to protect yourself from this "breather" you feel is coming? I'll wait to take action until I hear back with what you are doing. :rolleyes:

I've been all over Utah on my motorcycle and there are some wildly remote places. That looks like one of them.

Maybe he thinks it too far away from disgruntled former shareholders being able to track him down and harass him! ;)
You can almost see it now. He'll figure out how to get out of this with millions in the bank while Nikola goes down in flames. He'll blame short sellers or investors misguided by fake new who didn't believe enough - while getting no punishment for the stunt he's pulled.

I sound like TSLAQ....

only 313 shares traded according to the same link provided up-stream.
https://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/equity/tesla-inc

Those numbers are from NASDAQ premarket trading that starts at 4:00 ET. Almost 12K shares traded.

E15A05CF-D1E3-4D96-89D8-38DAC650DACD.png

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1278539278356791298
Elon tweeted that the team has been busy with the rewrite of the system from 2D to 3D. The new system should be released in 2-4months(at least it’s not 3-6 hehe) with a lot of new functionality being released at the same time. I am a bit disappointed with the delay on FSD, but I can see the value in doing a rewrite, getting rid of some technical debt. It’s a risky move, but so far they haven’t lost.

Cliffs on the new net:
Today: manually label single frame from single camera in 2D from single camera single frame in 2D.
Tomorrow: autolabel everything in timestep k in 3D from 3D/4D-landscape based on multiple camera video from timestep 1:end.

Benefits: 1000x more efficient labelling. More accurate labelling. Use future data to augment data at timestep k. Train neural network to predict future perception/events.

Neural networks are incredible in that if you have a sufficiently large neural network and enough clean and varied data, the neural network will find every signal in the data. Not just the IQ 100-150 signals, even the IQ 150-1000 ones. Example of a IQ 200 prediction: There is an ice cream kiosk at the left side and the tree on the right side has some very green leaves, so there is likely a stream nearby, the stream cannot fit into this landscape unless the road bends in about 500m, given the angle of the head of the bird above the road should bend in 480m. Answer: road turned in 477m. This kind of things will start to show up in the behaviour of the neural network.

I really look forward to testing the new system in 2-4months. I think it will be incredible, what we all have been waiting for!

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1278539278356791298
Elon tweeted that the team has been busy with the rewrite of the system from 2D to 3D. The new system should be released in 2-4months(at least it’s not 3-6 hehe) with a lot of new functionality being released at the same time. I am a bit disappointed with the delay on FSD, but I can see the value in doing a rewrite, getting rid of some technical debt. It’s a risky move, but so far they haven’t lost.

Cliffs on the new net:
Today: manually label single frame in 2D from single frame in 2D.
Tomorrow: autolabel all frames at timestep k in 3D from 3D/4D-landscape based on video from timestep 1:end.

Benefits: 1000x more efficient labelling. More accurate labelling. Use future data to augment dataset at timestep k. Train neural network to predict future perception/events.

Neural networks are incredible in that if you have a sufficiently large neural network and enough clean and varied data, the neural network will find every signal in the data. Not just the IQ 100-150 signals, even the IQ 150-1000 ones. Example of a IQ 200 prediction: There is an ice cream kiosk at the left side and the tree on the right side has some very green leaves, so there is likely a stream nearby, the stream cannot fit into this landscape unless the road bends in about 500m, given the angle of the head of the bird above the road should bend in 480m. Answer: road turned in 477m. This kind of things will start to show up in the behaviour of the neural network.

I really look forward to testing the new system in 2-4months. I think it will be incredible, what we all have been waiting for!

An engineering manager i once worked with stated that software engineers were really bad at scheduling so the way to handle that is to get their time estimate. Multiply that by 4 and then shift it up by a unit of measurement.

So 2 months times 4 is 8 months and shifted up becomes 8 years.

Another engineering manager that I worked for stated that many many companies have gone broke waiting for the software.