Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there is sti

So all I need to know now is 1) what is a "fair" sp500 price 2) when is the best timing to buy? Will we have one or more dips before we go there 3) how to make Au out of Pb?
If we knew, we'd all be filthy rich.

Don't bet the farm, for all we know $1200 is the new $380 for a while until Q3 ER. (Unlikely, but who knows. Macro's can kick in too)

Invest responsibly. If you buy and hold you don't have to worry about the answers to your questions.

The yellow rag known as the New York Times just could not help itself.

Tesla Deliveries Slipped in Second Quarter as Pandemic Hit

Tesla Deliveries Slipped in Second Quarter as Pandemic Hit

Negative spin on the P and D report. I am sure this will do much to slow down TSLA. / s

Note their selection of file photo... gray, rainy day, showing ancient pre-facelift Model S's, like they're lined up at a funeral.

upload_2020-7-2_7-39-47.png

Tis a big problem. I looj at the measely income potential and impact on some of my projects. Then go.... Why do I bother?

What is the reasonable thing to do?

My philosophy: Focus on expected quality of life. If your natural drive pushes you towards ambitious projects, go for it. But money, beyond the necessary amount, is largely a proxy of society's appreciation of one's contributions. Doing what society expects or desires is not the best path to happiness. I see a lot of brilliant people fall into the trap of doing what they're expected to (and pays well), rather than what leads to the best life.

I strongly doubt you're in that crowd, seeing as you're an accomplished contrarian investor and all, but figured I'd share my thoughts :)

Of course, an extra million in the bank does have the potential to lead to increased quality of life. Both in terms of how interesting the journey towards it is, and in terms of pure economic power. But if your monetary needs are covered, I'd think that focusing on the enjoyment of whatever you choose to pursue should be a priority. Economic or social impact is mostly a moot point in that case.

I mean, look at the super brilliant >150 IQ folks. Most of them live in a completely separate world where they only focus on esoteric stuff that doesn't interest anyone else. Do you know the game Dwarf Fortress? There's a pair of genius brothers dedicating their life to making that game. It's completely esoteric.

You try paying the bills in an ethical manner in this media environment.
Don't want to give you a disagree 'cause I enjoy your input, but statements like this make my blood boil. (Not personal, aimed against the media and similar businesses)

Either you ignore what the rest of the industry is doing and aim to work in an ethical manner, or you get out the industry if there is no way to keep a good sense of morals.

It's the same reason I have zero respect for people whose job it is to cold-call people in an effort to sell them whatever it is they're selling. Agressive market practices like this prey on the weak and add no value to the economy whatsoever. When those people defend with "I gotta make a living" I just nod my head. There's plenty of other jobs out there with similar wages but that consist of an honest days work.

/endofOTrant, sorry.

Back to the ticker. Things should get interesting after amateur hour.