Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This ride never stops. Even after hours.
This is true...I used to be tall dark and handsome...full head of hair...really a chick magnet. Then I started lurking here...bought the stock and now I look like this.

tenor.gif

AH movement has me wondering if we're going to open in the $1600s.

This is true...I used to be tall dark and handsome...full head of hair...really a chick magnet. Then I started lurking here...bought the stock and now I look like this.

View attachment 564265

Okay that had me busting up. Legitimately might have done a spit take if I'd been mid-drink.

View attachment 564265
I bet you are still a chick magnet looking like that....you are just limited to a select audience of women.

There are a lot of different ways to wear a belt. Here I am this morning going on a little TSLA ride.

View attachment 564253

Adding: I’ll be changing the avatar shortly; reminds me a bit too much of a certain poster boasting about their pocketbook. :confused: Let’s see if I can find something a bit more downtrodden.

Edit: There, that’s better.

Not a Tesla. Fail.

Saniflash asked for some details on how I trade. I use a CFD account allowing a lot of margin. I hold a core number of shares on a low level of margin that I do not sell. I did sell during the virus dip though and got back in on the rise.
I short term trade using varying amounts of margin to build my account balance and this has allowed me to increase the core shares from the profits.
I only trade long and on the premarket a lot too.
I look for a breakout of consolidation with higher volume and a large candlestick. Or a new high with larger volume. I place one position with a tight stop. If a trend starts I bring the stop to break even and open a new position. I repeat this raising the stop to breakeven to build up a large position with a small amount of risk. Max number of shares held during a past big run up run was 2000. This led to issues as my provider would only sell 500 every 90 seconds in the premarket.
Trades today were at 1644, 1653, 1736, 1739 and I timed the top for the 1600s trades at 1784 and took smaller losses for the 1700s.
I usually time the top of a big trend using a 1 minute Heikin Ashi chart going red.I usually sell half of the positions and see if the trend continues for the other half. Today I sold close to the top at 1784 because my account hit a new milestone and I was just very lucky! The Heikin Aski chart went red at 1764.
Last 90 days trades. Return rate 1.65, 30% win trades out of 526, profit loss ratio 4.63.
I am looking forward when my account balance is larger to just buy and hold like most of you guys! Most short term traders loose money long term. If Tesla went into a year sideways pattern the above method would not be profitable I feel.

Saniflash asked for some details on how I trade. I use a CFD account allowing a lot of margin. I hold a core number of shares on a low level of margin that I do not sell. I did sell during the virus dip though and got back in on the rise.
I short term trade using varying amounts of margin to build my account balance and this has allowed me to increase the core shares from the profits.
I only trade long and on the premarket a lot too.
I look for a breakout of consolidation with higher volume and a large candlestick. Or a new high with larger volume. I place one position with a tight stop. If a trend starts I bring the stop to break even and open a new position. I repeat this raising the stop to breakeven to build up a large position with a small amount of risk. Max number of shares held during a past big run up run was 2000. This led to issues as my provider would only sell 500 every 90 seconds in the premarket.
Trades today were at 1644, 1653, 1736, 1739 and I timed the top for the 1600s trades at 1784 and took smaller losses for the 1700s.
I usually time the top of a big trend using a 1 minute Heikin Ashi chart going red.I usually sell half of the positions and see if the trend continues for the other half. Today I sold close to the top at 1784 because my account hit a new milestone and I was just very lucky! The Heikin Aski chart went red at 1764.
Last 90 days trades. Return rate 1.65, 30% win trades out of 526, profit loss ratio 4.63.
I am looking forward when my account balance is larger to just buy and hold like most of you guys! Most short term traders loose money long term. If Tesla went into a year sideways pattern the above method would not be profitable I feel.
"Build up a large position with a small amount of risk" -- Since when does that ever happen in the market? Especially not in TSLA.

Great note from Alex Potter. I can tell Piper put a lot of work into this. I believe he is the first Wall Street analyst to attempt to value FSD in depth. His assumptions are well thought out and reasonable (conservative by this group's standards). The most aggressive part of his model IMO is the vehicle delivery ramp-up. FSD revenue doesn't really pick up until after 2025.

The most interesting excerpt of the executive summary at the front to me is this: "Thanks to the high-margin nature of the FSD package, we think that by the 2030s, Tesla could conceivably be selling vehicles at cost - or even below cost - while still achieving higher operating margins." Makes total sense and if it works out this way in reality, Tesla should definitely do it.

I'm prepared to wave the white flag on Battery Day, Model Y production and Semi production, until after the Battery Day event..

What we know about the current state of Kato road and GF Nevada production perhaps doesn't stack up against the current level of Model Y production and imminent plans for Semi production..

Somewhere Tesla is probably making more packs than we know about... or soon will be...

Model Y packs could come from Kato road or GF Nevada, notwithstanding the fact that Kato road may not be complete until September and 38 trucks per day doesn't seemed to be enough for Model S/X & Y packs...

Equally around 30 GWh from GF Nevada, doesn't seem to be enough for Tesla Semi, Model 3/Y and Tesla Energy..

The last report was battery formation machines ordered by Tesla for Fremont, Shanghai, Berlin and Nevada.

So if Maxwell cells are to be made at GF Nevada, Tesla making them is slightly more likely than Panasonic making them....

In fact, every time I think about this the list of things we don't know and will not know before Battery Day grows longer...

That is why it is time to wave the white flag and wait for the show..

But if I had to speculate there is more than one reason why SR Y has been dropped, and a new pack might be one of the reasons..
Sometimes a car is designed around a new pack, other times it might be possible to design a pack around a car, or meet in the middle.

I'm not sure that FSD will get priced as high as $40k. And it doesn't currently cost $9k, so they don't even have current prices accurate. Come on people, it isn't that hard to verify your numbers.
They might have included the 1k increase twice, or combining 2k for AP and 7k for FSD.
Whichever way, their table is messed up too (both first and second columns)
Screenshot_20200713-195941_Firefox.jpg

I'm prepared to wave the white flag on Battery Day, Model Y production and Semi production, until after the Battery Day event..

What we know about the current state of Kato road and GF Nevada production perhaps doesn't stack up against the current level of Model Y production and imminent plans for Semi production..

Somewhere Tesla is probably making more packs than we know about... or soon will be...

Model Y packs could come from Kato road or GF Nevada, notwithstanding the fact that Kato road may not be complete until September and 38 trucks per day doesn't seemed to be enough for Model S/X & Y packs...

Equally around 30 GWh from GF Nevada, doesn't seem to be enough for Tesla Semi, Model 3/Y and Tesla Energy..

The last report was battery formation machines ordered by Tesla for Fremont, Shanghai, Berlin and Nevada.

So if Maxwell cells are to be made at GF Nevada, Tesla making them is slightly more likely than Panasonic making them....

In fact, every time I think about this the list of things we don't know and will not know before Battery Day grows longer...

That is why it is time to wave the white flag and wait for the show..

But if I had to speculate there is more than one reason why SR Y has been dropped, and a new pack might be one of the reasons..
Sometimes a car is designed around a new pack, other times it might be possible to design a pack around a car, or meet in the middle.

I think @Artful Dodger is right that Kato Rd/Roadrunner cells are for Models S/X, not 3/Y.

Could be for plaid, could be for LR versions. Makes sense that the new cells would not only go into the highest end vehicles, but the lowest volume vehicles. And, they would also be for the future vehicles: CT, Semi, Roadster 2. Kind of like S & X stayed on 18650s while 3 & Y went with 21700s - and that hasn't changed for a few years now.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
They might have included the 1k increase twice, or combining 2k for AP and 7k for FSD.
Whichever way, their table is messed up too (both first and second columns)
View attachment 564275
It's probably rounding. Ex: 72,800 and 500 would make 73,300 but would round to 73k, 1k and 73k.

I'm not sure that FSD will get priced as high as $40k. And it doesn't currently cost $9k, so they don't even have current prices accurate. Come on people, it isn't that hard to verify your numbers.

Just a typo. Happens a lot. For FY2020 the lump sum FSD price shows 8k on page two of the report.