Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However, all indications are that Tesla is no longer cell constrained, so I'm waiting for Battery Day and inclined to keep an open mind.
The low-information 'disembodied' narrator of that Science Channel segment referred to the Tesla Model 3 on several occasions as the 'M3'.

Do you really think a Cable TV Channel with this level of research does math, too? :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: AZRI11
12:15 here in Europe and 1% up in pre-market, but pretty low volume, I would have expected the MM's to push it below $1500 if that's what they want.

Might be they knock it down around 12:45 to try and spook the main pre-market opening.

I'm still not seeing, or maybe better, feeling, a massive motivation to pull the SP down though, plenty of people will be wanting it higher. So I really can't call it today, I'll stick with my $1650 prediction from earlier this week.

As always, not an advice...
upload_2020-7-17_12-18-10.png

If via Boring co tech they find a way to underground residential electricity lines affordably, that has a number of advantages, .and might significantly lower maintenance costs.
Underground transmission lines would have prevented the wildfires that led to the bankruptcy of PG&E in California. The Boring Company and T.E. have a natural synergy in the grid of the future.

PG&E, Troubled California Utility, Emerges From Bankruptcy | NYTimes, Jul 01, 2020

Cheers!

Last edited:
While I was browsing the internet for range cookers yesterday, a Cybertruck ad popped up in the article I was reading. It featured mainly footage from the reveal (including Franz smashing the windows) and had an additional voice-over. I don't think I can recall anyone mentioning Tesla pop up ads before, so hope it's ok to post it here.

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 15.04.14.png

https://twitter.com/jpr007/status/1284005917382471680

It is certainly a rapid expansion if they have gone from 5.2M to 13M cells per day in a short time-frame..

However, all indications are that Tesla is no longer cell constrained, so I'm waiting for Battery Day and inclined to keep an open mind.

Battery day will be interesting, but i find it extremely difficult to believe that cell output from GF1 has more than doubled their real capacity over the most recently informed nominal capacity when GF1 was already packed to the gills and there's been no footprint increase. The roadrunner line may be able to do that but I'm sure we would have heard rumors if 13 of them were already up an running at GF1.

I've also not seen any rumors of new equipment being installed or old equipment removed.

Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) expects S&P500 Committee to add TSLA even if not profitable in Q2.
View attachment 565520

Will Tesla be added to the S&P 500? Here's how it will be decided | fortune.com

"Tesla stock has been on a tear based on the risky assumption it will be ... that Tesla will be added to the S&P 500 anyway, even if it does not meet the official criteria. ... Bloomberg Intelligence also points to a fine-print specification in S&P ... If the index's committee did decide to add Tesla to the S&P 500, ..."
From the web article posted 3 days ago.

The roadrunner line may be able to do that but I'm sure we would have heard rumors if 13 of them were already up an running at GF1.
... and why (or how) on Earth would Tesla build 13 of those PROTOTYPE lines that don't even exist yet at Kato Rd? Ya'know? Yeah, NO. :p

when-i-see-people-post-stupid-things-on-the-technodrome-this-is-what-we-do.jpg

"Hey let's assume the production lines are running at full speed (and the functioning lines removed to make space) before the 1st prototype is even built. Because it's not impossible, right?" -- Homer Simpson, Ph.D

Along with the Small system price drops, Tesla has upped the referral program a bit. I'm betting residential solar will turn into a Q3 surprise.

Tesla doubles referral reward for solar roof and panel installations in new push - Electrek

It's gone from $250-$250 referrer-referree to $400-$100 referrer-referree. Plus now in addition to the cash awards, 10 or more referrals earns you a free Powerwall. Does anyone need a referral? :D

It will be interesting to hear updates in the Q2 earnings call. They have the solar panels as the landing page for Tesla.com(was model S previously) and even google trends seem to indicate a lot of buzz.

B35D921D-6142-4C20-B5CB-D6DB282C2F9B.jpeg

My investment strategy for today:
If the price drops by $50 I'll buy some more shares, sell for a profit in a week or two, and have a few beers
If the price goes up I'll work out how much better off I am and have a few beers
If the price stays about the same I'll have a few beers

You sir are a genius!
This is my well thought out plan as well.