Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That machine looks very similar to the Model 3 stamping machine that was installed a year ago, except that the Model 3 stamping machine was enclosed in paneling when photographed.

Probably unrelated to the Giga Press.

View attachment 565997
Indeed, the giga press are sourced from the IDRA group and look completely different.
Tesla Model Y Will Gain Single Rear Casting Thanks To IDRA Group

idra-group-confirms-it-has-supplied-huge-casting-machine-for-the-tesla-model-y.jpg

I try not to drop names, however, in the course of my business I was sent to Michelle Phillip’s to explain a administrative error with her bill.

The associate who went with me was a huge Mama and Papas fan. When we arrived, we encountered Ms. Phillips sitting on swing on here front porch. My associate was star struck — unable to speak. I describe the boring details to Ms. Phillips and we left.

For the rest of the day, my associate could only muster: “she’s beautiful” . He was right, she’s much prettier in person.

I expect that this big model Y casting machine is located in the extension they built onto the stamping area of the existing building. This space has been closed in for a few weeks and is well ahead of the construction of the main model Y areas.
That big honker would likely need pilings sunk all the way to China. Er ... never mind.

Maybe this has been discussed here before, but what exactly does being “benchmarked” to the S&P 500 mean? And will these “benchmarked” funds be under any obligation at all to buy any TSLA if TSLA is added to the S&P 500?

Certain temporarily fixed lists of stocks, e.g. the S&P 500, are the “benchmarks” (standards) against which fund managers measure their performances. Some such as the SPY are obligated to own all of the stocks in the S&P 500 and no others. Yes, they would have to buy TSLA if added to the index. Some index funds must adhere to a section of the S&P 500 or to different lists. Actively managed funds do not stick with fixed lists of stocks, but often rate their performances relative to one of them.

Meanwhile, Dave, thanks again for another fine YouTube lecture today. :)

Question re: Q2 profitability (back of envelop)

Does anyone have any analysis / estimates pertaining to Tesla’s ZEV credits?

In q1, tesla generated record $350m in revenue from ZEV. with approx 89k deliveries, they eeked out about $16m in profits

this quarter, it seems like the big diff will be: 1) SG&A/R&D pay cuts 2) deferred rev from stop signs/stoplight release 3) 2k extra deliveries 4) model y growth/extra margin

back of envelop math: #1 is worth about $100m. #2 could be worth extra 50-100m. #3 $20m in gross profit (50k ASP, 20% margin). #4 maybe 1-2 digit millions in extra gross profit

so it feels like the swing factor will remain will be how big of a difference in ZEV credits for q2 vs q1...

thoughts?

I try not to drop names, however, in the course of my business I was sent to Michelle Phillip’s to explain a administrative error with her bill.

The associate who went with me was a huge Mama and Papas fan. When we arrived, we encountered Ms. Phillips sitting on swing on here front porch. My associate was star struck — unable to speak. I describe the boring details to Ms. Phillips and we left.

For the rest of the day, my associate could only muster: “she’s beautiful” . He was right, she’s much prettier in person.

That’s funny. During the eighties in California, a friend and I once held a ten-minute conversation with a well-coiffed middle-aged woman in a proper business skirt-suit. Or at least the woman and I did, as my friend just stood there with his mouth hanging open. After she left, he explained who she was: a very well-known celebrity folk singer who normally appeared on stage as a long-haired hippie in jeans. Her conservative attire and hairdo made her unrecognizable to me that day.

Often celebrities dress sloppily in public so as not to be recognized. This woman had to do the reverse. :cool:

Question re: Q2 profitability (back of envelop)

Does anyone have any analysis / estimates pertaining to Tesla’s ZEV credits?

In q1, tesla generated record $350m in revenue from ZEV. with approx 89k deliveries, they eeked out about $16m in profits

this quarter, it seems like the big diff will be: 1) SG&A/R&D pay cuts 2) deferred rev from stop signs/stoplight release 3) 2k extra deliveries 4) model y growth/extra margin

back of envelop math: #1 is worth about $100m. #2 could be worth extra 50-100m. #3 $20m in gross profit (50k ASP, 20% margin). #4 maybe 1-2 digit millions in extra gross profit

so it feels like the swing factor will remain will be how big of a difference in ZEV credits for q2 vs q1...

thoughts?
You forgot about the impact of short shorts...

That’s funny. During the eighties in California, a friend and I once held a ten-minute conversation with a well-coiffed middle-aged woman in a proper business skirt-suit. Or at least the woman and I did, as my friend just stood there with his mouth hanging open. After she left, he explained who she was: a very well-known celebrity folk singer who normally appeared on stage as a long-haired hippie in jeans. Her conservative attire and hairdo made her unrecognizable to me that day.

Often celebrities dress sloppily in public so as not to be recognized. This woman had to do the reverse.
Joan Baez? Joanie Mitchell?

Reactions: Artful Dodger

Laurel Canyon?

• Funny
Reactions: Prunesquallor