Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As slimy as politicians are, there’s a code when it comes to things like this. If Elon wanted a change in the laws, Abbott would have promised it, and he knows he can strong-arm the legislature.

The exact same thing happened last year when Abbott’s buddy Warren Buffett wanted a loophole in the same law. It sailed through.
Not exactly. Tesla owners had to phone to the legislators to stop the parts of that bill that would close Tesla Service Centres and raise the registration fees to a ludicrous amount.

I keep telling myself not to look at the ticker, that I need to overcome my obsessive watching of meaningless random walks and manipulations of the market.

But I am weak. Pathetic and feeble.

(wealthier, though)

Maybe you can get an app or something that constantly displays the ticker in the corner of your screen, so work can still be accomplished?

• Funny
Reactions: capster
Except that Tesla won't (or at least shouldn't) be threatened by the legislators every session. Remember that last session there was a big push to close Tesla service centres and raise the registration to $200 per year extra. So, there is a practical side.
Tesla in Texas is important. People will take pride in trucks being made here. It also adds another energy sector to the state (we’ve had clean energy just not as in your face as Tesla) but now Texas represents all forms of energy outside of coal. It’s a major transition towards clean energy.
I think Tesla won’t be an outcast in the state much longer. It’s popularity is about to boom here.

Another huge opportunity here is solar. Not many homes have solar here. I think that changes this decade

Also I see Tesla is looking to map out Austin for FSD by hiring people to drive looking for errors. I think they will make major strides here on that

Last edited:
yeah this might all be noise now, long term story intact.
Epic emotional let down after and premarket.
Seems like little interest at present, though we've been trading at very high prices.
Perhaps the big boys have time to sweat out retail? Did the carpet just get pulled out?

A question about the credit pools.

So let's say Fiat bought the rights to what turns out to be only say 60% of the credits Tesla earns. Maybe Tesla produces more cars than expected. Maybe Fiat only needed parts of what Tesla had anyway. Seems unlikely their need and Teslas availability would line up perfectly. So what happens to the remaining credits. Do they have no value?. Can Tesla sell those remaining credits on some open market? Seems a bit harsh if those are just worthless.

I guess what I'm asking is it possible Tesla will have another billion or two worth of usable credits at the end of 2021?

Reactions: Thumper
yeah this might all be noise now, long term story intact.
Epic emotional let down after and premarket.
Seems like little interest at present, though we've been trading at very high prices.
Perhaps the big boys have time to sweat out retail? Did the carpet just get pulled out?
Premarket volume is pretty strong. Look for the big funds to snap up retail shares.

Manipulation wise you could see someone drop shares to lower price and get some selling going so they can buy back shares at a cheaper price. But overall the S&P thing is real.

Short covering is still a thing to

Most important sentence of the call:
"The real limitation on Tesla growth is cell production at affordable price."

Full quote:
"Yes. The real limitation on Tesla growth is cell production at affordable price. That's the real limit. So that's why we're going to talk about a lot more about this on Battery Day because this is a fundamental scaling constraint. And any part of that supply chain or pricing at the cell level will be the limiting factor.
So whatever maybe an error from mining to refining, those many steps that are refining to cathode and analog formation, cell formation, whatever the truck point is, that will set the growth rate. And so we expect to expand our business with Panasonic, with CATL, with LG, possibly with others. And there's a lot more to say on that front on Battery Day.
"

Source: https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Most important sentence of the call:
"The real limitation on Tesla growth is cell production at affordable price."

Full quote:
"Yes. The real limitation on Tesla growth is cell production at affordable price. That's the real limit. So that's why we're going to talk about a lot more about this on Battery Day because this is a fundamental scaling constraint. And any part of that supply chain or pricing at the cell level will be the limiting factor.
So whatever maybe an error from mining to refining, those many steps that are refining to cathode and analog formation, cell formation, whatever the truck point is, that will set the growth rate. And so we expect to expand our business with Panasonic, with CATL, with LG, possibly with others. And there's a lot more to say on that front on Battery Day.
"

Source: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

Cell production is the only thing I GD care about for battery day!

2baee3661f7d34338d50c0a4f8447cfc.png

updated

Not exactly. Tesla owners had to phone to the legislators to stop the parts of that bill that would close Tesla Service Centres and raise the registration fees to a ludicrous amount.
Sure. That was a little present that TADA slipped into the amendment that no one asked for. It had nothing to do with the Berkshire-Hathaway loophole. The point is that when Abbott wanted the dealership law changed, it got changed. No one is going to try to screw Tesla this time around.