Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a contact earlier in the yr from a headhunter, for an Italian Automotive brand who was seeking someone to head up their battery efforts. I was thinking to talk with them just to outline my strategy....send the CEO, CFO, C_O to Elon on their begging knees for batteries (and powetrain, for that matter). That way they'd have a chance at survival...guaranteed 2nd place.;)

In the end I couldn't be bothered. If they can't work it out on their own, I don't think I would have been able to change their minds!:D

Please don’t quote out of context to make a point already made.

I quoted your exact words.

Which included you saying " Which then means premium priced vehicles. Which means that it’s not a mass market affordable vehicle. Which means it doesn’t do poo to advance the mission"

So I pointed out it ABSOLUTELY does somethign to advance the mission.... every single ICE premium vehicle replaced with an EV advances the mission.

If you wanna move the goalposts now to be "it doesn’t advance the mission quick enough" that's your call I guess.

. That’s the disagreement we have and still have. We don’t have time for this piddly market segment crap.

"that market segment crap" is exactly how Tesla managed to remain a functional company and get this far.

Starting the move to EVs with premium priced cars- before later being in a financial position to come out with mid-segment (roughly industry average) priced cars (and even then notice how the Y rollout began with the more premium priced ones- and the CT is going to do the same?)

That was literally Teslas 'secret' master plan- start at the high end of the market, make a cheaper model for more folks later, then a still cheaper one for even more folks later than that.

A legacy company deciding to follow that path, and paying Tesla to help them do it, would, in fact, "advance the mission" even if it's not as fast as you'd prefer.

Certainly seems better than them churning out more ICE premium cars instead anyway.

On top of that- even if Tesla has somehow found a way to NOT be battery limited to the point they can start re-selling some.... they'd be a lot more likely especially early on to be able to fill a volume of battery/motor orders for a premium legacy car that sells 50k units a year than a cheap mass market one that sells 300-500k units wouldn't they?

Last edited:
Reactions: RobStark
Twice in a row the market has risen sharply into FOMC meetings only to drop immediately afterward. I don't know what else it expects beside "there are a lot of risks in the market and we'll maintain monetary policies as accommodating as possible"
Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: capster
Hey Jerry, glad for you, but somewhat anecdotal.
True, but so are all the reports of panel gaps. We don't have a percentage of cars affected--nor do we have a percentage of other types of cars either, so it's not possible to have a non-anecdotal response. There are very few panel gap or other issues in the local Tesla Owners Club (and a lot of members). Panel gaps in Teslas are similar to saying people who drive with hats on are poor drivers. It's selection bias.