Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone caught this today, but a new AAA safety study is casting doubt on driver safety automation. Ironically, they did not evaluate Tesla in the study, saying that they did in 2018 and... there were issues basically.

"As part of its latest study, AAA did not test Tesla’s semi-autonomous technology"

"... the study found that the test vehicles had problems when they approached a simulated disabled vehicle, a collision occurring fully 66% of the time at an average speed of 25 mph."

Boy, that's gonna be hard to beat! :rolleyes:

AAA Finds New Semi-Autonomous Driving Systems Suffer Repeated “Issues” | TheDetroitBureau.com
Oh wait, is that a competing battery brand? :p

Looks like it's gonna pop to me...

Yes, a very strange day. These past few flat sessions I've been putting in margin orders for a 100 shares for $15-25 below what the price is idling at once I've got a feel for the movement and the day's news; I make an easy $500 or so just because, hey, why not. But today is sooo flat, my order for 1471 didn't go through. There's no motion up or down. Most days TSLA is almost always swinging +/-$100, but these days have been quite anemic, and today especially so.

giphy.gif

I hope I'm wrong...

I guess the Oppenheimer meeting is over.

[Joking, since I have no news other than the link already reported: Tesla management to meet virtually with Oppenheimer TSLA - The Fly]
Any speculation on why they are meeting with Oppenheimer?? They don't underwrite offerings, do they?
Some recent PT changes

https://247wallst.com/autos/2020/07/24/why-one-independent-research-firm-gave-a-huge-upgrade-for-tesla-and-elon-musk/
  • Canaccord Genuity: Reiterated Hold, but target raised to $1,623 from $650.
  • Cowen: Raised to Market Perform from Underperform and target raised to $1,100 from $300.
  • Daiwa: Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform and target raised to $1,650 from $1,500.
  • Deutsche Bank: Reiterated as Hold but target raised to $1,500 from $1,000.
  • Goldman Sachs: Reiterated as Neutral but target raised to $1,475 from $1,300.
  • Oppenheimer: Reiterated as Outperform and target raised to $2,209 from $968.
  • Piper Sandler: Reiterated as Overweight and target raised to $2,400 from $2,325.
  • RBC Capital Markets: Maintained as Underperform but target raised to $850 from $765.
  • Wedbush Securities: Reiterated as Neutral but target raised to $1,800 from $1,250.

OK, so you do have a driver's license.

I want you to do something for me (really for yourself). Please keep an eye out for any opportunity to drive a Tesla (preferably one of the last two models or a Raven) for market research purposes. Yes, I understand you already "get it" and have invested, but as a lifelong investor I'm a big fan of doing more "research" than is maybe required to be successful. I have bought three new cars without test driving them first (I tried to buy a fourth, had the money and a price but the salesman basically wouldn't let me close the deal without driving it??). My point is, I can tell how a car drives just by doing research on the Internet, there are very few surprises when I get behind the wheel for the first time because I have researched it and have numerous informed opinions to draw upon and compare to the many hundreds of cars I have first hand experience with. But the Model 3 was a huge exception and was so much better than I thought I was blown away.

Also, post the city you live in, I bet you will get an offer from a fellow TMC member. You cannot fully understand without driving one. The future is uncertain so this knowledge could help you in unknown ways. Just do it, it should be fun and easy.

Couldn't agree more. I've driven most everything one can drive, even Lamborghinis and Ferraris. My first time in a Model S in 2016 blew me away, I knew then and there EVs were the future of driving. No torque steer, no body roll, solid, smooth, fast and silent.

A few days ago someone on this forum made the comment that owning a Tesla is like having insider information. It's absolutely true.

Any speculation on why they are meeting with Oppenheimer?? They don't underwrite offerings, do they?
Some recent PT changes

https://247wallst.com/autos/2020/07/24/why-one-independent-research-firm-gave-a-huge-upgrade-for-tesla-and-elon-musk/
  • Canaccord Genuity: Reiterated Hold, but target raised to $1,623 from $650.
  • Cowen: Raised to Market Perform from Underperform and target raised to $1,100 from $300.
  • Daiwa: Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform and target raised to $1,650 from $1,500.
  • Deutsche Bank: Reiterated as Hold but target raised to $1,500 from $1,000.
  • Goldman Sachs: Reiterated as Neutral but target raised to $1,475 from $1,300.
  • Oppenheimer: Reiterated as Outperform and target raised to $2,209 from $968.
  • Piper Sandler: Reiterated as Overweight and target raised to $2,400 from $2,325.
  • RBC Capital Markets: Maintained as Underperform but target raised to $850 from $765.
  • Wedbush Securities: Reiterated as Neutral but target raised to $1,800 from $1,250.
You left out our fav analyst AJ.....no list is complete without his 'expert' opinion.