Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything is down a bit because the idiots in congress can't do their job.

I'm not. I was able to buy a couple 1100 and 1300s for this fall back when we were under 1k. I'd love to add more today but my October 1300 is 27k still. I can't buy more options until SP jumps and I can profit off of these options. o_O But yeah, there are some folks here with deep pockets or at least less of a focus on core shares (or both).

Personally am rather options-heavy at the moment. If we actually do head to the 2000-3000 range before EOY I’ll be converting to shares for a stress-free ride for the next 10 years. Here’s hoping...

I’m open to explain my methods in more detail but am afraid it would create more noise, any suggestions for a more suitable thread or perhaps via PM?

If you don't mind then creating a thread would be nice, then many can read and learn. Of course remember it's a public forum, so anyone can see it.

It’s cfds so you don’t need the cash as backup. The broker also closes your position automatically if you run out of cash.

For cash secured puts (lower level of options authorization than selling naked puts), this is exactly what it means. To sell a put at a strike of $1450, then you need $145,000 (1450 * 100) in cash in the account. On margin, I expect that the margin balance can be used in place of cash, but I don't use margin and am not sure of the particulars in that case.

Reactions: Tim S
Yes PLEASE, focus on customer service. My solar city paper work to turn on was a nightmare. Field offices did not care.
Up until now the field offices were purely sales offices and you were already sold. No reason(incentive) to take your calls!

Now that there's no 1-to-1 sales, they should be able to get local and centralized service under control. Doesn't help that the utilities and state/local govts are constantly trying to undermine the industry by creating these types of paperwork headaches.

Stock was down enough to place another trade since my prior ITM call spreads. This is stock price averaging rather than time averaging, using the high premiums for calls to underwrite the spread.

Max profit is 94% if SP > 1440 at expiration (makes full money if TSLA *falls* less than $2 or goes up of course). Breaks even if TSLA > 1391 at expiration. Loses money below that, and worthless if TSLA < 1340 at expiration.

My plan is to place another trade if TSLA falls another 3-4% from this level. I haven't fully worked out when I should place trades if TSLA doesn't fall, but intuitively should be after one expires.

Paid $51.25 today for this @ TSLA 1442:

Buy TSLA Sep 25 '20 $1340 Call
Sell TSLA Sep 25 '20 $1440 Call

Previous spreads from Aug 4/5:
Paid $4.70 for 6Aug 1470/1480 call spread (buy 1470c, sell 1480c). Max profit 112%, or 100% if SP = $1480
Paid $48 for 18Sept 1400/1500 call spread (buy 1400c, sell 1500c). Max profit 108%, or 77% if SP = $1485

Last edited:
Below is a chart of TSLA from last Friday to now, inclusive. Notice last Friday we did the exact same thing we're doing now, then on Monday we came roaring back.

A short term trader might take advantage of this to make money.
upload_2020-8-7_13-59-24.png