Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold 3/4 of my position today. Had every intention of holding forever when I bought it, but I'll take my 6x in one year and be happy. Other companies that I love with better risk/reward ratios. I'll buy again if the price/value improves.

P.S. All the island buying and happy spouse talk is bad luck. Lots of "former" stock market millionaires in the world.

Sold 3/4 of my position today. Had every intention of holding forever when I bought it, but I'll take my 6x in one year and be happy. Other companies that I love with better risk/reward ratios. I'll buy again if the price/value improves.

P.S. All the island buying and happy spouse talk is bad luck. Lots of "former" stock market millionaires in the world.

Thank you! I bought all your shares today.

When S&P gains and NASDAQ drops, TSLA is a tech stock, drops 3x.

When NASDAQ gains and S&P drops, TSLA is an auto stock, drops 3x.

When nobody is moving, TSLA is a Meme, jumps on Monday with no reason.

Let’s see how long they can repeat this game.
I'm absolutely not a TA guy and I've said as much in the past but when volume dries up and there is a very slow downwards trend, it's called a "descending triangle". Apparently according to the stock market astrologers, such a chart pattern lasts for 3-4 weeks before the next break out to the up side.

That's all I know, I'm going to go get my palm reading now. ;)

isn’t it sell high buy low o_O

I'm gunna say you got out way to soon...however there are only so many islands.
Good luck to ya!

Hold on tight to your one remaining share. It's gonna be worth a lot in the future.

Whatcha gonna buy with the 3 you sold?

I'm gunna say you got out way to soon...however there are only so many islands.
Good luck to ya!
Thank you. Flew my last (commercial flight) 8 years ago at 54. Loved the job, love retirement.

My valuation model puts TSLA at 1T in ten years. With the runup, that's only 15%/year from here. Things go both ways in the short term. Also, still have a big chunk I'm holding onto for another couple months until they go long term. If the stock runs up from here I'm fine with that. Just no conviction either way.

Buy when everyone hates it, sell when everyone loves it. Or, sell when people think it's "funny" that anyone would sell ... because obviously it can only go up.
To be honest, there will always be people who think it'll go up along with people who think it'll go down. You can only rely on your own model to make the best decisions. Personally, my model shows $1T by 2025-2026.