Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, I think my thoughts I can represent half of the TSLA retail traders. The SP for the past two weeks are really boring and disappointing. Looking at all the other stocks, Apple, AMD, ... KNDI, NKLA (well, maybe not this one), NIO, Rocket... I want to move my money out of TSLA and go after them now.

But, I have too many shares, and the tax is huge. I sit in TSLA too long that my legs are numb and cannot move.
You're thinking of selling low??

If it only tanks under 8xx call me a buyer!
Lol, my 7-yr plan spreadsheet revised 1-hr ago says $795 (else, my goals are already assured). :D

I'm don't think it'll get to $795 though: -50% off July's Intraday ATH of $1,795 is $897.50 at which price I see a storm of buyers like a Force 5 Gale. :p

Even the Logistics snag of 2019H1 (compounded by SEC over-reach/harassment) only caused a -50% drop, while the DamnPanik of 2020H1 caused a -63.8% drop.

'course there's the new California Public Health Officer (always good for a hoot).

Cheers!

Last edited:
There are rumors that Russia has developed a vaccine for Corona and is ready to use it (link).

Take Russian news always with a grain of salt.

Article contains typical Russian propaganda: "His daughter was among those who had already been vaccinated, he said." In their political culture that sentence pretty much translates to "The vaccine could work but it's very very very risky".

His daughters are 33 and 35 yo and not in the risk group... One of them is participating in early phase drug testing? Certainly not.

Lucid Makes Tesla Eat Dust With Air's Estimated 517-Mile EPA Range

InsideEVs is reporting Lucid Air will have 517 miles of EPA range on a battery pack just short of 130 kWh at 900v. It will be priced north of $100k. Eventually Air will be offered with smaller packs at lower price.

who the hell is the market for this. I can afford one, but I don't want one. Why would I? Most people spending > $100k are likely in their forties or fifties. A lot of them are men. I don't know about you, but at age 50 no way will my bladder let me go 500 miles without a stop. So why would this have ANY value?

To be fair, its a decent strategy to start with a high price car and work down, its the teslas model, but teslas model worked when there was no competing EV. Now there is. its 10x harder for them.

who the hell is the market for this. I can afford one, but I don't want one. Why would I? Most people spending > $100k are likely in their forties or fifties. A lot of them are men. I don't know about you, but at age 50 no way will my bladder let me go 500 miles without a stop. So why would this have ANY value?
Snow, towing, Supercharger off line (think Perry, OK which is offline now). Not on an Interstate (Superchargers are sadly lacking on state highways). There's about a million reasons. 500 miles EPA is about 300 miles in real life.

SH!T? Now you have me worried. If we can't kill the idiots with cars what will the world become!
I worry more about the idiots killing ME.

To be fair, its a decent strategy to start with a high price car and work down, its the teslas model, but teslas model worked when there was no competing EV. Now there is. its 10x harder for them.
Just for reference, I live on the Eastern side of Kansas. I drive to Denver CO for vacation a few times a year. That trip is farther than the drive from London to Edinburgh and only puts me a little bit of the way into the next state. ;) In bad weather on that trip I've seen a 40% or so drop in my range in my Performance 3. (wind, 10 degree weather, driving 75-80 etc.)

Take Russian news always with a grain of salt.

Article contains typical Russian propaganda: "His daughter was among those who had already been vaccinated, he said." In their political culture that sentence pretty much translates to "The vaccine could work but it's very very very risky".

His daughters are 33 and 35 yo and not in the risk group... One of them is participating in early phase drug testing? Certainly not.
Considering it's Russia, their vaccine could just be injecting people with a live virus and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Fredtrek has an interesting development I hadn’t seen mentioned yet.

Tesla is involved in the development of a smartwatch, but why? - Electrek

Could be as simple as the smartwatch company wanting its watches to be able to interface with Teslas, and Tesla being game for that.

michael-knight-watch.jpg