Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about the psychological impact of the stock split. Pre-split an SP of $5,000 seems very large and probably several years away. Post-split SP of $1,000 seems more reachable in a shorter timeframe. The new climb from $300 to $1,000 will be interesting and very lucrative for the longs.

And remember this is only part one of the event. The part where the Robinhooders can buy their cheap shares doesn't come until the end of the month.

Tesla lawsuit defendant fires lawyers after TSLA short financing is revealed

upload_2020-8-12_9-0-6.png

Some reading material on this glorious morning :)_

This is the island thread...please take all this stock split nonsense elsewhere.

Thank you.

Hey, just last week this was the S&P500 frustration thread.. Pleeease focus.

Back to S&P bitching.. :p

Thats what needed to pop the $1500 zit

Edit: At first, I wrote 15000... and it seemed perfect. only 4 digits is soo.. puny. And next month its back to 3.. :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: UkNorthampton
On and on about options impact, I find nothing lately on the company. Tells me most are hoping for more damage to shorts bc the split, or concerned for their own options maybe. Sure I'll take that boost if it occurs, but we are still down IMO, and I expect the same until about 3 days before battery day. That's the real event.

Is anyone here actually in shares only? I think we heard from one is all. This is what ppl said was causing the price surge last few weeks... nobody is selling Shares. But I dont get that impression here lately.

In HODL mode, this split adds nothing of long value to me. Just noise from this ongoing battle. The attacks continue and we could easily see 1300's again ahead of battery day. (Oh, I'm going to catch *sugar* now, let 'er rip).

Can't they already buy them as fractionals?

This probably lets more retail investors who don't have access to fractional shares in, but I think that's mostly folks outside the US?
Yeah, RobinHood and Schwab and whoever else already allow fractional share purchases so the timing has no material impact on RobinHood. But there are cases where they are not (some retirement accounts, for example).

Hey, just last week this was the S&P500 frustration thread.. Pleeease focus.

Back to S&P bitching.. :p

Thats what needed to pop the $1500 zit

Edit: At first, I wrote 15000... and it seemed perfect. only 4 digits is soo.. puny. And next month its back to 3.. :oops:

Quite often we see some buying pressure come back in the second half of trading. Right now it's being capped around $1500, a bit more volume and we'll be off to the races again.

Is anyone here actually in shares only? I think we heard from one is all. This is what ppl said was causing the price surge last few weeks... nobody is selling Shares. But I dont get that impression here lately.

not 100% sure what you're asking, but i only own shares, buy occasionally, and very, very rarely sell them. no complaints from me!

Martin Marietta materials has 2 plants on the site of Tesla Giga Austin,
is providing aggregate and fill dirt.

The company is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Caribbean.

Ticker symbol of MLM

Has a market cap of $13.83B

And (is another company u never heard of that is) in the S&P 500 index

Home - Martin Marietta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Marietta_Inc.
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 9.03.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 9.09.18 AM.png

This probably lets more retail investors who don't have access to fractional shares in, but I think that's mostly folks outside the US?
In robinhood yes, but not every broker. I think the psychological issue is more important than the actual ability to buy fractional though.

If you buy a fractional share on Robinhood you don't technically actually own a piece of Tesla.

If there are any shareholder votes Robinhood gets to vote, not you.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
In robinhood yes, but not every broker. I think the psychological issue is more important than the actual ability to buy fractional though.
Schwab only allows fractional share purchases for stocks in the S&P 500...so investors will have to wait until next month to purchase fractional shares in $TSLA :)