Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frustrated as it pulls back slightly - as if to taunt me. Maybe next Monday?

upload_2020-8-17_7-57-17.png

I'm curious what you think better explains a spike of what is now over $400 per share as of this post since the split announcement, especially given the previous weeks were flat into decline?

AFAIK a 30% share spike in just a few days on announcing a normal split is not typical for a stock.

I was talking about today's spike, but I'd guess it's a combination of:
  • Delta hedging inventory having gone up by 10-15M shares
  • Hype/sentiment and resulting influx of traders and speculators
  • Some retail interest (check Robintrack)
I have a feeling that heavy manipulations and consolidation between Q2 ER and split announcement might've also helped tighten up the coil a bit, but the 3 points above are the most likely, clearly identifiable catalysts.

What happened? I don't recall seeing any thing that bad from him recently?
Any specific post/topic?

Well I wouldn't say as it was a private discussion, but he as pissed the the forum and decided to leave.

Was a couple of days of some tense exchanges, some tempers ran a bit too much, I think.

Hope he returns.

Did I say anything about the spike to $1.750? Did I say it is THE reason the stock spiked? There are many reasons the stock is spiking. I was addressing the issue of whether or not phantom shares in the system are A reason for the strength in the stock. It has been an issue discussed ad nauseam on this board.

As I understood your post, you believe the upwards trend today is evidence for naked shorts being in trouble due to their phantom shares being affected by the dividend split? I stand by my disagreement with that statement.

I have been getting an education on options these past few weeks. My first foray was buying some calls a month ago closing on 8/14 based on my (somewhat educated) guess that S&P inclusion and congress getting a stimulus deal done would reward me handsomely. They expired in a worthless lump on Friday. And then all of the sudden today happens - it is hard not to take it a little personally... But I am much smarter now.

Well I wouldn't say as it was a private discussion, but he as pissed the the forum and decided to leave.

Was a couple of days of some tense exchanges, some tempers ran a bit too much, I think.

Hope he returns.
As the saying goes 'Mo money...Mo problems'....everyone makes $$ when $TSLA goes up and we still can't get along. Too many alpha males in here...except @lafrisbee :) :)

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and SOULPEDL
As I understood your post, you believe the upwards trend today is evidence for naked shorts being in trouble due to their phantom shares being affected by the dividend split? I stand by my disagreement with that statement.
So, you stand by your disagreement with your own interpretation of what I said? I'll bet that I've been in the markets longer than you've been alive. I know that almost never do stocks go up or down, due to one factor. Brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

• Disagree
Reactions: st_lopes
More arguments happen when the SP is going up than down. It's counter intuitive, unless you are familiar with the impact that losing or winning has on testosterone.

Can Watching Sports Affect Your Testosterone Levels?
Well....it is only natural to try and prove your point on something you believe in. I believe in burning all the FUDsters out there and making all of us as much $$ so we can all buy our own islands :)

Reactions: Rohan and Rammstein
So, you stand by your disagreement with your own interpretation of what I said? I'll bet that I've been in the markets longer than you've been alive. I know that almost never do stocks go up or down, due to one factor. Brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Based on your previous post, it seems like you think I think you think the phantom shares/naked shorting are the reason for today's spike? I don't think that's what your first post said, so I don't think you think that. I think your thinking of what I think you think is based on a misunderstanding.

But anyway, that's enough thinking for today. Time for me to go to sleep. I was just stating my opinion, as were you. Let's leave it at that?