Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT...dont know if anyone on this board watches 'House M.D.' but i was watching season 4, episode 2' and on the chalkboard, it read "Tesla was robbed"
View attachment 577796

On the blackboard behind house is the phrase "Tesla Was Robbed". Nikola Tesla was once offered $50,000 to create improvements for the Edison Company and after the work was finished he was not paid. Here there are two tie-ins, one is that the patient offered House $50,000 for her treatment, and two is a joke that most of the applicants for House's team are there working for nothing since chances are they'll be fired.

Interesting story. I visited the Edison Museum in NJ in 2018, and about fell over in the shop when I looked over at the counter and saw a Nikola Tesla bobble head. Needless to say, it now sits on my desk!

News happens fast:

Uber and Lyft granted stay by judge at last minute, so they can still operate for a while in CA
Judge grants Uber and Lyft temporary stay in driver reclassification case – TechCrunch

I still think this is a shot across both their bows in terms of Tesla Network (autonomous or non-autonomous). It's also a shot across Tesla's bow in terms of Tesla Service handing out Uber/Lyft credits instead of loaners (remember loaners?).

Last edited:
I think the term is 'work'....not paying attention on zoom calls counts i guess :)
I still have half a day of work to get through, 4 more video calls this afternoon to try and pay attention to. The only good part - the stock market closes at 1pm. After that, I should be able to stop watching the ticker on my phone - but then, how will I read the forum?

Well, I'm trying to use my magical powers to move the SP higher. I sold another 10 covered calls for Jan 2022, 3500 SP for $290,000 to pad my savings account further. That should help the SP get to 4,000 in 15 months so I feel stupid for selling covered calls as I watch my shares get called away. You're welcome....
Any chance you can move these calls for Dec this year?
Thanks!
:D

I still have half a day of work to get through, 4 more video calls this afternoon to try and pay attention to. The only good part - the stock market closes at 1pm. After that, I should be able to stop watching the ticker on my phone - but then, how will I read the forum?
There's always the bathroom...heard it helps pass the time efficiently. :)

After reading all retirement posts of this am.
I really don't understand all the hype around retiring while young. Something is really wrong here - like you are forced to work at uranium mines untill you finally retire. And we are talking about 1st world countries and intellectual work here.
I left my last corporate job at 33 because I just didnt feel like I belong to that hierarchy at any level of it. I guess I could say that I retired, but I had maybe just a low to mid 6 figures in my pockets, and lost about $150k of them on some sapphire company soon after.
I did have a new business though, but it folded soon after with the whole sector of the economy of the country it was relying on.
I started another one and another one and then some more. Some profitable, some money loosing, some both at different stages of the lifecycle.
What I know now for sure is that I probably will never retire regardless of the money, untill necessary for medical reasons or similar. It is so much fun to create something all by yourself and be proud of it, or be worried about it - it all comes in the same package!

A few years ago, I went to a tech symposium at UNC and a guy was talking about success factors for startups. One of his findings was entrepreneurial success rises significantly with co-founder age. My two partners and myself (all >60) enjoyed that finding! I worked for a Fortune 100 company for 18 years, and now this startup for the last 3 years, and there is certainly no comparison in my work satisfaction. www.yourlocalgreens.com

Tesla is trending #2 on twitter. :eek: #1 if you discount the news article that's been there since this morning.

upload_2020-8-20_22-57-53.png

Woot! $2,001.83. :cool:

But don’t get too giddy.

Does the pinned 'Great Filter' tweet stand for the S&P selection commitee?
Perhaps he is referring to a Population bottleneck - Wikipedia

It’s possible that an abrupt change in the climate system will overwhelm human civilization. Relatively few people may survive. Hence, a natural selection filter for the fit and lucky.

Many may believe the chances of this are remote. They are mistaken. The climate system may already be in transition. :eek: