Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno. ARK's best "no autonomy" case was $3200 at the end of 2024. I have a hard time thinking future autonomy is baked into today's SP. If it's not, that means "only" a 60% SP increase in the next 4½ years to hit the most optimistic target.

It seems either 1) ARK estimate was way too low, or 2) we're a bit ahead schedule
I think some value of autonomy is in there, at least for some investors. ARK also didn't model for battery/solar, or massive federal stimulus combined with a flight to safety in tech stocks either.

Speaking of abstraction, is anyone else finding TSLA at 2001 a little unreal? o_O

I mean it’s fabulous. But maybe because I don’t plan to sell any, I can’t quite wrap my head around it and feel a bit detached.

What’s in a number? I suppose.
Well, I'm considering selling a mere 127 shares to pay for a founders edition roadster 2, and enough to cover tax. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe enough for my Cybertruck as well. Maybe. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal
And MADE IN AMERICA too.

No other manufacturer can really say that!

I'm proud that our Tesla's are made in America partly because the most vocal "made in America" people are the least likely to have a positive view of Tesla. I try to be a good Tesla brand ambassador whenever my car is in public view but I really dislike bumper stickers. In fact, I've never applied one to any of my cars. Ever. Until both of us got a Tesla. Now we have two white Model 3's, visually identical in every way right down to the bumper stickers:

upload_2020-8-20_14-49-48.png

:)

I like to imagine some grumpy people pull up behind me and their first thought might be "Ew, is that one of those (distasteful) Teslas?" And then, as their eyes start to take it all in, they are attracted to the sticker and think "Oh, it's made in America!" Or they see it at the grocery store or trailhead in the middle of nowhere. For whatever reason, I tend to be attracted to European designs and products. But Tesla is the rare American manufacturer that makes things I like. A lot! :cool: Thanks Elon, Franz and team!

We are probably the only two Model 3's in the world that have this so if you see one of us out and about, wave or stop and say "Hi"! And for all you Canadians out there, I made sure to include a Maple leaf in the picture so you don't feel too left out! ;)

Last edited:
I’m trying to step back and truly realize Tesla/TSLA for what it is - a once in a lifetime company and stock. Making a crazy amount of money while supporting a company whose main goals and achievements are helping humanity and the planet is truly spectacular.

And what’s the term for >$10 million profit from TSLA? :eek:

DecaTeslanaire I suppose ;) You've got a head start on me, I've only just got to DuoTeslanaire so far.

There are many things, however IMO this ^ is why the markets let off some steam in the afternoon. AAPL @ $2T is a sign of a very frothy market. Still very long TSLA, just saying likely some steam will continue to come out of the market for the rest of this week.
Mods, I need your help. I would like to rate my own post 11945 (above) from yesterday a Disagree, but don't know how.

I dunno. ARK's best "no autonomy" case was $3200 at the end of 2024. I have a hard time thinking future autonomy is baked into today's SP. If it's not, that means "only" a 60% SP increase in the next 4½ years to hit the most optimistic target.

It seems either 1) ARK estimate was way too low, or 2) we're a bit ahead schedule

Autonomy isn't binary. People are willing to pay for semi-autonomy too as we've seen recently.

These driver assist features get better and better every day. That eventually leads to a higher FSD take rate and/or higher price. Not even counting the effect of growing fleet (addressable market for FSD sales). There will be lots of revenue having excellent margins before full autonomy is achieved.

I think ARK is missing the point if they evaluate it as a binary question. I'm sure they'll update their model latest once subscription pricing is launched.

Reactions: ZeApelido
Just got a call from TSLA to tell me my Model Y now has a VIN and delivery date. When all was said and done I commented.

“Not sure if you’ve been playing along but happy 2000”

The girl said she’s been working there since 2011 and sounded on the verge of “joy tears”. She went on about working there, all the ups and downs. At one point they all thought they were going to be fired and were looking for other jobs. She thanked me a million times and was so happy. I, of course, said “no, thank you!”. It was a great exchange.

I came to this stock with the dream of maybe I could manage to buy a Roadster 2. Now that I could sell and do just that I dream of building true wealth and realize maybe in a decade or two there could be a Roadster 2 in dividend payments.

They build they best and most fun cars made, while trying to save the Earth, and have fun doing it, while building insane wealth for their believers and employees.

Hell of a time and place my friends. ❤️

I’m trying to step back and truly realize Tesla/TSLA for what it is - a once in a lifetime company and stock. Making a crazy amount of money while supporting a company whose main goals and achievements are helping humanity and the planet is truly spectacular.

And what’s the term for >$10 million profit from TSLA? :eek:

Dunno but there was a guy here back in 2013 who said he acquired 77,000 shares through various options trades on the run up to $150. I wonder what happened to him.