Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at TSLA = 40% and feeling pretty good about it (although I don't own a house, so investments are 91% of my net worth). What does "majorly overweight" mean to you?

Maybe I should be on WSB, but I can't understand all this "balanced portfolio" nonsense. I'm 100% $TSLA - calls, LEAPS, shares.

Why would I waste my investment on something else with paltry returns? If Tesla drops, rest of the market drops too.

YOLO!!!! (not an advice)

Maybe I should be on WSB, but I can't understand all this "balanced portfolio" nonsense. I'm 100% $TSLA - calls, LEAPS, shares.

Why would I waste my investment on something else with paltry returns? If Tesla drops, rest of the market drops too.

YOLO!!!! (not an advice)
If you have a project that requires funds and a loan is not in the cards, if you have something else it doesn't hurt as much as selling TSLA since it wasn't making much anyway.

You don't need margin to sell puts, you can sell against a cash balance (which will subsequently be reserved according to the broker's formula).

Regarding selling puts over selling the stock - great if it goes down or moves sideways, but with a big move up, you missed getting back in.

Yea. Missed the $360 lows this march because i sold puts instead of just buying shares straight up.
Lesson learned...

Happy 4:20 PM to my fellow East coast

I agree this stock has become less predicable as of late. In my short term account, instead of sitting in cash then timing the buy and sell of TSLA, which I did very well with I now instead sit in TSLA, and temporarily go to cash and buy back in on the predicable dip. This way when the stock suddenly decides to go up $200 on some random day at 2pm I don't miss out. lol
Instead you miss out when the "predictable dip" doesn't happen. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

YOLO!!!! (not an advice)

Any selling I do will simply increase my cash position, I won't be buying anything else right away, probably not until next year.

And to be clear, I've never believed in having a "balanced" portfolio or I would not have retired at age 37. But there is a huge difference between having an aggressive portfolio (not balanced) and having all assets in one security. I believe there are times and situations that demand more aggressive action and times and situations that ask for less aggressiveness. Every individual situation is unique but I think we are entering a phase that may lend itself to less risk/less potential reward.

That said, I'm not seeing the price I want to justify lightening up 10-15% so it looks like I'll be postponing any selling to at least next week.

Last edited:
Close to 78m on a 2200 Nov put this morning.

upload_2020-8-28_13-22-28.png

Brethren, I find myself in a place of serenity - and not because I've had two bottles of relatively strong (8% 500ml) Belgian beer (although I'm sure it helps).

I find myself not caring, one jot, about the closing price today. It may swing $100 up, down, so what?

I can't quite explain this - anyone else in the same situation?

View attachment 581696
Both 11% :eek:

Too early here (maybe) but soon, very soon. Maybe both get slayed. :D