Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shouldn't be. They just have to perform an action on each specific type of entry--same as if they are cancelling the GTC order. It's really a one liner SQL statement.

interesting...maybe the problem is getting the details of the corporate action correct in a timely fashion. as we can see from today’s complaints, many brokers haven’t been able for reflect the correct positions on ex, let alone have the o/s order book reflected with the correct terms!

Somebody was asking about IV. IV has definitely spiked up today as compared to Friday. See the bottom half of the picture.

CEBB7A3D-1E56-40F5-8350-C305AF1FF196.jpeg

That is not how options work. If the SP drops under $500 close time Friday then he get to keep the $1700 and play again the following week. Alternatively someone can exercise early and buy the shares at $500 a share when they are not worth $500 a share yet. BONUS because you can then buy them back and resell another Call at $500. Problem can be most people use platforms with HIGH trading fees.
OK so I got the amount he would be in the hole wrong. But you can't use the defense of "Wait till next week". On Friday he would in a worse position.
(If that ain't right I am interested in knowing why.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Sudre
Most of the newer Robinhood traders don't have our long term conviction and will probably sell at the drop of a hat when this party starts to end.

I don't think you have to worry about the party ending anytime soon - Kool and the Gang just said "There's a party going on right here - a celebration to last throughout the years". /s

Seriously though, I doubt Robinhood accounts have enough shares to be a dominate force. I'm laughing whenever I hear the media talking heads cite this as an important factor.

There's the $500! :)

I don't think you have to worry about the party ending anytime soon - Kool and the Gang just said "There's a party going on right here - a celebration to last throughout the years". /s

Seriously though, I doubt Robinhood accounts have enough shares to be a dominate force. I'm laughing whenever I hear the media talking heads cite this as an important factor.

There's the $500! :)

I just have a hard time seeing this rally stopping anytime soon for anything company-specific. We haven't even gotten S&P inclusion yet.

The numbers could get surreal.

I've been reading a bit, and I think the general message of "stock split doesn't change anything" is fundamentally right, psychologically flawed.

The market is partly driven by sentiments, or dare I say largely... often you have news on companies that doesn't change anything fundamentally and yet stock would skyrocket/fall off the cliff.

The split, not only showing Tesla's confidence in the long run, but also adjust investors, especially retails, perceptions greatly.

Say the stock was 2200 last week, which for many could be a month worth of disposable income, drops 5%, or $110 in a day... that's a psychologically big number for some. As they will think about what could I have done with $110. Maybe 2 PS4 games, a night out, meal for the whole week... etc.

Fast forward to today, at 440 a share, a 5% drop, or $22... which many novice retail investors would still think "what could I have done with $22"... well... not much.

So I think we should look the split from a sentiment perspective, at least partially, and then derive the fundamental value change to stock like TSLA.
It is more than just common knowledge that a psychiatrist will far out perform an accountant in the stock market. Emotions move the market.

Reactions: Oveeus and JusRelax
Do you have family that could use some help to enjoy their lives better? Do they need a new car? Some help with the rent or mortgage?

Local food banks? You could do serious help with a small amount of your TSLA gains.

Larger entities like FeedingAmerica or World Central Kitchen.
I have been meaning to sign up to donate to Rob Maurer on Patreon, am definitely going to get it done today.