Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC is having Trevor Milton and Mary Barra on in a few minutes, what a couple of losers compared to Elon!

"Tesla stock off over 12% this morning" in the intro to M&B.

GM gets 11% ownership and 1 director on the Board.

After the commercial, "two big guests" LMFAO. Nikola is way up because they didn't know how to build vehicles but GM does.

GM has to engineer it too. I guess it was just PowerPoint slides and CAD drawings?

Mary, why did you decide to do this?

"Very exciting. Ultium batteries, blah blah blah, manufacturing and engineering expertise."

Trevor: "GM very unique. Absolutely the right decision. Working with Nikola "all of our IP" ha ha.

We will see $4-5B savings in battery cost alone.

"A perfect relationship w/o hurting each other". (Trevor likes to hurt!)

The SIlverados, the Hummers, I mean everything they've got the best products out there.

GM says will receive "over $4B in 'benefits'"? It's also for fuel cell technology..!! Useless dumb GM!

CNBC dummy does not ask about the timeline...

Will you buy them out sometime? (No, their stock will be worth more than yours, ha ha)

NKLA = 30% of GM's value. Does that make sense Mary? Doesn't answer the embarrassing question pivots to "leveraging" b.s.

Asks same ? to Trevor: "Yeah I mean look I think the world is rewarding those who are changing the world for the better." "Nikola is an incredible story. The announcement is finally out now which is a huge relief for us." "Nikola's building out H networks"

Final ?: On the margins for EV's to Mary: will they grow over time? All about the battery, duh. We have a tech roadmap [that is 5-10 years behind $TSLA ha ha ha]. We envision a world where we are going to [still be in business and] have strong margins across our EV product line.

Will be in Detroit Hamatrack plant. (GMC Hummer EV first.)

CNBC Andrew says "what might turn out to be a big and historic day". LMFAO!!!

NKLA +47%
GM +8% LMFAO

Post of the year lol. So basically this is a deal between two desperate companies.

Meanwhile TSLA getting hammered premarket because “competition is coming”.

I covered Andrew's interview with Trevor and Mary, so now I get to post my lyrics pre-market, with regards to Katy Perry:

You're Up Then You're Down

You change your price
Like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you, Tesla
Like a bitch
I would know
And you overthink
Always tweet
Cryptically
I should know
That you drive me crazy
'Cause you split then you rocket
You're high then you're low
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're right when they're wrong
It's green and it's red
You're not gonna change
'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're up then you're down
But I always hold.

CNBC after the break: "Speculator or Visionary, which one is Masayoshi Son?"

Look at this madness :rolleyes:

nkla lol.jpg

I'm going to laugh my arse off if the people who were betting on inclusion are all bailing at a loss only to have the announcement come tonight.

Yes, that would be wonderful to see, but I think the "old sleepy men (and women I hope)" of S&P decided to wait another quarter to give $TSLA a chance to become more "profitable in a stable way". Also, they saw the stock split as introducing too much temporary extra volatility, which would have made it even harder for their Index Fund clients to add the name without having too much of a "tracking error". These are all my educated guesses.

Elon may have been instructed not to tweet about S&P by that attorney that's supposed to advise him on what is off-limits on Twitter.

Honestly, I just wish this whole S&P thing would go away. As it stands, we're going to have continued speculation on will they/won't they until end of September, and we'll never know the answer unless they're added. SPY guys won't say "we're skipping Tesla this time around".

Stock market hates uncertainty :mad:

It’ll go away as soon as we stop speculating about it. But we won’t. We’ve speculated about Model S refresh for years now. We’ve only been speculating about S&P for, what?, a year?, a year and a half? Got a long way to go yet; between not in this lifetime and never. LOL

So we’re looking at a ~$300 pre-market drop. Seems like the only thing the stock split has been good for so far is to make these drops more palatable :(

:( 300+ plus (pre split) .. isn't that like the biggest single day drop?

Good thing is Tesla gave us the least dilution by selling at ATH.

Time to collect all Sept CC pennies (15000,00) and close some Oct, Nov CC (must be like 80-90% now) and wait for the bounce

So how many battery lines do we get after Battery Day ...

Yes, that would be wonderful to see, but I think the "old sleepy men (and women I hope)" of S&P decided to wait another quarter to give $TSLA a chance to become more "profitable in a stable way". Also, they saw the stock split as introducing too much temporary extra volatility, which would have made it even harder for their Index Fund clients to add the name without having too much of a "tracking error". These are all my educated guesses.

Elon may have been instructed not to tweet about S&P by that attorney that's supposed to advise him on what is off-limits on Twitter.

Fair points but why the capital raise while not needing it at all, for initial terms that depress the SP and declaring today they already sold all of it and collected the cash?

Tesla is a cash-generating machine already and Q3 and Q4 look fabulous.

More cash does not accelerate the mission.

“Nikola is one of the most innovative companies in the world. General Motors is one of the top engineering and manufacturing companies in the world. You couldn’t dream of a better partnership than this,” said Nikola founder and executive chairman Trevor Milton in a statement. “By joining together, we get access to their validated parts for all of our programs, General Motors’ Ultium battery technology and a multi-billion dollar fuel cell program ready for production. Nikola immediately gets decades of supplier and manufacturing knowledge, validated and tested production-ready EV propulsion, world-class engineering and investor confidence. Most importantly, General Motors has a vested interest to see Nikola succeed. We made three promises to our stakeholders and have now fulfilled two out of three promises ahead of schedule. What an exciting announcement.”

Added GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra, “This strategic partnership with Nikola, an industry leading disrupter, continues the broader deployment of General Motors’ all-new Ultium battery and Hydrotec fuel cell systems. “We are growing our presence in multiple high-volume EV segments while building scale to lower battery and fuel cell costs and increase profitability. In addition, applying General Motors’ electrified technology solutions to the heavy-duty class of commercial vehicles is another important step in fulfilling our vision of a zero-emissions future.”