Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all just part of the roller coaster ride for most old hands here, but just think of the poor children of TSLA, the bright eyed newcomers who got in last week at $500 all excited about shooting to the moon with the S&P... spare a tear for them... :(

Yeah that’s my wife. I told her to be careful near ATH, but she bought at $479 :( I told her this morning that it could be a while before we get back there, but not to worry because it definitely will happen.

Enjoy the sale folks. This is a mix of
- S&P Inclusion (lack thereof) - certain retail investors were banking on this
- Macro environment (historically Sept doesn't do great for tech)
- Share dilution (although we were talking about ~1%, it still matters)

People are panicking,but most of the panic is due to the fact they bought without understanding fundamentals. We've been here before at key inflection points (pre-split). I remember $150 being a crazy battleground. In due time, we'll see who prevals.

326 is the support according to artful dodger.

According to the 50 day moving average. The last time we traded below the 50MA was on announcement of Fremont closing at beginning of market realization of a global pandemic. We traded below that threshold for one month and have just been climbing since. I don't think we have anything close to that level of disruptive news happening right now. So, stay calm, if you have dry powder, you can choose to deploy it.

I've been trying, I really have. Bought back a couple puts I sold, and another 100 shares. Perhaps not optimal but I'm more comfortable biting the bullet on the near term ones and just buying at the market. Might get brave and sell more puts at low 300s. TBD.

4dgxu1.jpg

According to the 50 day moving average. The last time we traded below the 50MA was on announcement of Fremont closing at beginning of market realization of a global pandemic. We traded below that threshold for one month and have just been climbing since. I don't think we have anything close to that level of disruptive news happening right now. So, stay calm, if you have dry powder, you can choose to deploy it.
I am okay with 326 but since that person wanted to know what the floor is and according to computer algro 326 is a pretty hard floor.

Glad macro is reversing.

Yeah so......sorry but it seems very apparent to me based on the news of the offering being sold, that Tesla got played in this scenario. If they're announcing it has closed, it means they've been issuing shares at these lower prices. It seems obvious to me that they thought they were going to get inclusion and wanted to ride that....but the rug got pulled out from under them by the S&P. Should have just done a regular offerring at 480 :oops:

Also not to ge a Debbie downer, but those Aug china sales are quite a bit lower than I was hoping for

Yeah so......sorry but it seems very apparent to me based on the news of the offering being sold, that Tesla got played in this scenario. If they're announcing it has closed, it means they've been issuing shares at these lower prices. It seems obvious to me that they thought they were going to get inclusion and wanted to ride that....but the rug got pulled out from under them by the S&P. Should have just done a regular offerring at 480 :oops:

Also not to ge a Debbie downer, but those Aug china sales are quite a bit lower than I was hoping for
Sorry was Aug sale numbers posted?