Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems Tesla cut the prices in Norway for the Model 3 (not sure if already discussed). Bjørn Nyland just posted a video where he compares the prices and the features you can get at those prices for several... erm... competitors, I think is the term used. So sorry for the language! Anyway: Polestar 2, VW id.3, Hyundai Kona, the usual suspects. Q4 might end up being quite big in Norway!

Must watch:

It seems Tesla cut the prices in Norway for the Model 3 (not sure if already discussed). Bjørn Nyland just posted a video where he compares the prices and the features you can get at those prices for several... erm... competitors, I think is the term used. So sorry for the language! Anyway: Polestar 2, VW id.3, Hyundai Kona, the usual suspects. Q4 might end up being quite big in Norway!

Must watch:

In the UK the entry Model 3 still starts at the equivalent of over $52k! :(

• Informative
Reactions: JustMe
OT:
I got an internship offer from Tesla to work at Giga Berlin. Super excited, starting November:cool:
Probably won't be able to post here anymore...

Don't screw this up!

4irfi0.jpg

That's what I need to do, pick a price. I think you might get it today but that's pretty low considering next Wed ER. I could try for $433.01 just to have one up on you, but $440 seems more realistic.

ARK just sold some yesterday. I sold 300 on Wed (beat them to it). I saw how it was trying to go higher all day Wed and just not happening. So Thurs became Wed for me... and I was planning to wait for Thurs but the pandemic EU news was hitting the macros already.

But if I got back in (core is smaller than used to be), I'd make about 300 * (462-440) = $6,600. Meanwhile, I am risking that these shares are not in play during a rocket launch anyday. My brother and I were talking about his day trading and how I could easily make about $600/day with about $20K daytrading. I told him my porfolio changes by $20K-100K everyday. Why bother, and why risk missing the upside.

Instead, I'm all for Week trading, with buys on Friday typically. More fun that way. Bigger moves.

I feel you brother. Best of luck with your strategy. Unfortunately, it's not one that I could see myself winning at. Sounds like you're basically swing trading. Many books have been written, and there are many on this forum with stories to tell. :)

Since you are trading in 300 sized shares, I sincerely hope that this is only a very small portion of your portfolio. If not, please reevaluate. I've been trading and investing for about 25 years, and explored some extremely risky trading styles and in different markets. (I have a day-trading in commodities story that's pretty painful :mad:)

With Tesla being such a disruptive and possibly world changing company, investments in Tesla will be very successful. How you do it, and the strategies that you employ are yours. Give it your all! :D

My current strategy is basically 80% hold until the stock price reaches $4000. The other 20% of my holdings are in long term options. I've been pretty successful with them, especially when I employ them in large upticks and large down tics. This is a strategy that I find very satisfying.

Big shout out to everyone here who has helped shape and hone my investment strategies to a much finer edge. I'm very blessed to have you in my life. I'll always be grateful. I'm a Teslanaire because of it, soon to be multiple. :cool::cool::cool:

*Glass raised* Cheers to the longs!

Last edited:
I feel you brother. Best of luck with your strategy. Unfortunately, it's not one that I could see myself winning at. Sounds like you're basically swing trading. Many books have been written, and there are many on this form with stories to tell.

Since you are trading in 300 sized shares, I sincerely hope that this is only a very small portion of your portfolio. If not, please reevaluate. I've been trading and investing for about 25 years, and explored some extremely risky trading styles and in different markets. (I have a day-trading in commodities story that's pretty painful)

With Tesla being such a disruptive and possibly world changing company, investments in Tesla will be very successful. How you do it, and the strategies that you employ are yours. Give it your all!

My current strategy is basically 80% hold until the stock price reaches $4000. The other 20% of my holdings are in long term options. I've been pretty successful with them, especially when I employ them in large upticks and large down tics. This is a strategy that I find very satisfying.

Big shout out to everyone here who has helped shape and hone my investment strategies to a much finer edge. I'm very blessed to have you in my life. I'll always be grateful. I'm a Teslanaire because of it, soon to be multiple.

*Glass raised* Cheers to the longs!
A toast to that! So you're right about where I'm at. Except I'm 50% TSLA 50% cash. Of the TSLA, 20% leaps deep in the money so I hear ya on those wild little guys. And my exit strategy is to buy lakefront. Maybe next year if there's a bust in housing. But $4,000? You must be younger than I. At $2,000 is where it could happen for me.

Reactions: Criscmt
Anyone also notice now that the warranty is no longer 4 year 50k for a used car? They switched it to the original expiration of the 4 year 50k and then only giving 1 additional year and 10k miles. I as looking for a used MS and the used salesperson told me about it on Tuesday night. I did not pull the trigger as i did not need a car immediately....so maybe ill just do the $69,420 :)

:eek:That's crazy! I didn't realize that they basically cut their warranty by 3/4. I dont know how i feel about this, as a shareholder it's less money goes out the door for warranty repairs but at the same time really takes away from the used car value. It does make buying new much more appealing now.

If Peter (or the author/ editor) is using his history at Tesla to validate the Air, it is useful for the public to know if that history is accurate.

Elon responded to the Sept 8 Teslarati article which stated:
On the same day, the same author published this on Teslarati:

Compare that with this Teslarati article from April 21st by the same author which quoted Peter saying said

And also reported

So S was designed before he joined Tesla in 2008.
If Peter (or the author/ editor) is using his history at Tesla to validate the Air, it is useful for the public to know if that history is accurate.

Elon responded to the Sept 8 Teslarati article which stated:
On the same day, the same author published this on Teslarati:

Compare that with this Teslarati article from April 21st by the same author which quoted Peter saying said

And also reported

So S was designed before he joined Tesla in 2008.

> So S was designed before he joined Tesla in 2008.
I never disputed this, nor was I suggesting the authors' of such articles were accurate.
I was only stating that Peter himself didn't apparently make claims that he designed Model S. I can't dig the comments across various threads on TMC, but I remember seeing some folks interpreting Elon's comment as if Peter didn't contribute much to Model S.
The official statement I quoted from Tesla goes against such view of Peter.

Coming to Elon's comment, I see a discrepancy between his tweet and Tesla's official statement when Peter left. And the discrepancy I see is reflecting childishness from Elon.
As someone who like Elon very much, I wish to see less of such instances. These eat away some of the respect he deserves for all his great achievements so far, and many more to come. The achievements that got us connected, forming this community through this forum.

:eek:That's crazy! I didn't realize that they basically cut their warranty by 3/4. I dont know how i feel about this, as a shareholder it's less money goes out the door for warranty repairs but at the same time really takes away from the used car value. It does make buying new much more appealing now.

I always thought their used car warranty was too generous. To me, this is what it should have been.

But they should let people buy an extended warranty if they choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: gabeincal
Will we get $442, or miss it entirely?
View attachment 599241
I have a friendly suggestion... no need to repeatedly publicly root for the SP to drop on a Tesla investors forum. Keep that to yourself. The vast majority here are already holding large amounts of TSLA. We aren't sitting with cash waiting for a drop 3 days before earnings.

And especially on a Friday afternoon... lots of us have options expiring today.

Hopefully we never see $442 again, until after the next split.

I always thought their used car warranty was too generous. To me, this is what it should have been.

But they should let people buy an extended warranty if they choose.
The current build S is reliable enough for a short warranty, but I would certainly hesitate to pick up a used 2015 model without a multi year warranty. Tesla should offer at least two years warranty on used cars they resell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave EV
I have a friendly suggestion... no need to repeatedly publicly root for the SP to drop on a Tesla investors forum. Keep that to yourself. The vast majority here are already holding large amounts of TSLA. We aren't sitting with cash waiting for a drop 3 days before earnings.

And especially on a Friday afternoon... lots of us have options expiring today.

Hopefully we never see $442 again, until after the next split.
Why me? I read posts constantly taunting lower SP. I guess you missed some of the discussions on Puts here then. Sorry if there's stress in your life and I triggered it. Maybe try owning more shares instead. Myself, hey, I just want my shares back, and so do a few others here.

Besides, the pattern I speak of is something I've been stating here for the past 2 months. Where have you been? Meanwhile, this is an investor forum and I'm sharing my investment strategies.

Why me? I read posts constantly taunting lower SP. I guess you missed some of the discussions on Puts here then. Sorry if there's stress in your life and I triggered it. Maybe try owning more shares instead. Myself, hey, I just want my shares back, and so do a few others here.

Besides, the pattern I speak of is something I've been stating here for the past 2 months. Where have you been? Meanwhile, this is an investor forum and I'm sharing my investment strategies.

I used to go to TSLAQ twitter for comedy now I just come to TMC!

Must watch:

Thanks, love me a bit of Bjørn - back in 2013 when I was falling in love with Tesla and overdoing my first P85, he was the main resource for info. He hasn't changed over the years, thankfully!

Why you? Here are some quotes from you today:

"That's what I need to do, pick a price. I think you might get it today but that's pretty low considering next Wed ER. I could try for $433.01 just to have one up on you, but $440 seems more realistic."
"... patiently waiting for the drop."
"Will we get $442, or miss it entirely?"

The key word in my post was "repeatedly". Once was enough to get the idea.

I'll drop the subject now. I just wanted you to be aware your posts may be annoying some readers.

Meanwhile... Green! :D