Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think no matter how good earnings are, the media/analysts will spin it as a miss. We’ll probably drop below $400 and I’ll be loading up.
Quite clearly the sentiment of this board is now reliably opposite eventual SP reaction, therefore I believe we spike upward toward $530ish by Friday morning then a push down to $500. Seems a rational overall plan for MM to maximize pain(within their control).

This push down has been dramatic, but we have to keep it in perspective of volume. It was really easy to shove down $40, but that will snap back in a moment once anyone shows up to buy.

If all that's true you have to ask if top/bottom lines are exceeded will buyers outnumber sellers. That answer should be fairly obvious. Volume will spike and the will be few there to sell. I'm just hoping IV spikes along with it so I can unload some calls.

This board has become quite susceptable to doom and gloom, even with nothing but sunshine on the horizon.

Quite clearly the sentiment of this board is now reliably opposite eventual SP reaction, therefore I believe we spike upward toward $530ish by Friday morning then a push down to $500. Seems a rational overall plan for MM to maximize pain(within their control).

This push down has been dramatic, but we have to keep it in perspective of volume. It was really easy to shove down $40, but that will snap back in a moment once anyone shows up to buy.

If all that's true you have to ask if top/bottom lines are exceeded will buyers outnumber sellers. That answer should be fairly obvious. Volume will spike and the will be few there to sell. I'm just hoping IV spikes along with it so I can unload some calls.

This board has become quite susceptable to doom and gloom, even with nothing but sunshine on the horizon.

Seriously. It's like people forgot about the consoldation period that between Q1 earnings and Q2 P/D numbers. Consolidation periods happen and they're healthy. The longer it goes, the more coiled the spring is. It's the primary reason the stock went from 200 to 2,000. Thats what happens when you coil the spring for years

Anyone else feel like “100 miles in 10 minutes” is quite slow, especially for a 800v 350kW system?

Are they literally making up numbers? I feel like they’re literally making up numbers.
Don't forget with that beast of a brick, it probably takes like 40 kWh to 50 kWh to go 100 miles, so that's a lot of energy to move in 10 minutes! 350kW x (10 min x 1 hr/60 min) = 58 kWh supports this. You can charge WAY faster when your vehicle is efficient with it's kWh.

2022-GMC-Hummer-EV-04.jpg

A call out to Celebs, Ballers, Players, athletes and wanna be outdoorsy types ( you know who you are driving $60K four door Jeep CJs that never leave the pavement). Your next chariot has arrived and still show your "green" credentials. I don't expect the audience here to understand this vehicle, but mark my words, this will be the next "it" vehicle. Now I get why GM did this, brilliant.

Greenies can only sit in silence and watch it drive by.

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.

I think they’ll get some of that, and I think the design is attractive, particularly the removable roof. I don’t know that it has the “bad ass” aura enough to be an “it” vehicle in a big way for a large segment of the demos you mentioned.

He's calling for mid-500 by the 31st. I don't care what kind of earnings get reported or FSD roll out, we won't hit 500 by Halloween.
5 minutes ago(relatively speaking), the pre-market bid for TSLA was at $531 on no real news. Macros with help from market makers drove us down from there and I suspect we'll revisit that level post-earnings. I think a lot of people have forgotten this is the quarter we've been waiting for since January.

Of course it'll get smashed down from there quickly, but renewed potential for S&P inclusion, general election positivity, and general lack of desire to sell will keep us at $500 til inclusion takes us elsewhere.

While the image you posted is spot on, lets be real here. No Celeb or high end realtor with magnetic signs on the doors give a flip about the C/D of this thing or how efficient it is per watt. If they did they would be driving a Tesla. This is what your buy when every other house in your neighborhood has a Model S in the driveway, and you want to say "look at me", and," Oh yeah, I am green too!"

Don't think Elon cares when it's released. One day before earnings doesn't mean anything since there's not enough time to evaluate it and there will not be any revenue recognized for Q3.

Think he is trying to stick to a time line. He is probably sick of" 3 months maybe 6 months definitely" memes.

Do you think the FSD release is either
  • expected to act as a cushion if the numbers aren't very impressive, or
  • expected to give the extra bump to SP to ensure the SP goes high enough to release short shorts?

Wow. It looks like Tesla was sandbagging when they gave EU delivery timeline of Feb 2021 for SR+

The overseas version of Model 3 will depart for Europe next Tuesday and arrive in Zeebrugge⚓️, Belgium at the end of next month.At the scene, we saw that the pallet trucks continuously transported Model 3 to Haitong Wharf.⚓

https://twitter.com/bentv_sh/status/1318581788256595968?s=21

Now enjoy the beautiful scenery :D

2022-GMC-Hummer-EV-04.jpg

A call out to Celebs, Ballers, Players, athletes and wanna be outdoorsy types ( you know who you are driving $60K four door Jeep CJs that never leave the pavement). Your next chariot has arrived and still show your "green" credentials. I don't expect the audience here to understand this vehicle, but mark my words, this will be the next "it" vehicle. Now I get why GM did this, brilliant.

Greenies can only sit in silence and watch it drive by.

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.
Ummm, it’s got two-tone upholstery.

In my experience, the legacy automakers only put two-tone interiors into cars they don’t want to sell.

Even if the consumers you mention were able to get past the Hummer brand’s history as the anti-environmentalists’ poster child, GM likely has no desire to print many of these things. Because Hummer (and the two-tone interior ;)).

GM’s executives are just positioning GM for the next bailout.

Though I could be wrong: Maybe GM will add a smoke generator so the Hummer EV (sounds so oxymoronic) can go Rolling coal - Wikipedia then you’d know the executives think it’ll sell like hotcakes. :confused: /s

Last edited: