Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's subtle Supercharger 'V4' hints are pointing at the Cybertruck's 350 kW charge rate

Hints about what could very well be Tesla’s next-generation Supercharger “V4” system were shared in the company’s recently-held Q3 earnings call. During the call’s Q&A segment, President of Automotive Jerome Guillen mentioned that Tesla is looking at 350 kW chargers for its cars. These likely include next-generation vehicles like the Model S Plaid and the Cybertruck.

The references to the company’s “V4” Superchargers were shared as a response to a question from Loup Ventures’ Gene Munster, who inquired about the Tesla Semi’s Megacharger ramp. Responding to the analyst’s question, Guillen stated that the Class 8 truck would require a charging system above the 350 kW chargers that the company is looking to release for its vehicles.

100% I was at a new Supercharger the other day. The sticker on the side said 350KW.

I'll reiterate the typical delayed reaction everyone's talking about, except this time FSD is out. The march of 9s may take awhile, but the public's imagination may not. Which means lottos! Picked up these today for the price of a dinner, but I'm planning the real buys Friday if the SP remains muted.

Oct 30 500/510c for $0.36 (max 28x return)
Oct 30 540/550c for $0.10 (max 100x return)

Edit: Also picked up these in a slightly more serious fashion. A few dollars up/down in SP today won't make a noticeable difference if FSD gets baked into the SP by 2022.

Jan 2022 500/600c for 24.6 (max 4x profit if SP > 600 at expiration)

Edit 2:
Bought more of the Jan 2022 spread to increase my Tesla holdings by 5%

Last edited:
You okay bro? Did you BetTsla with some puts?
Thanks for your concern. No, but I did decide to turn my 100 Jan 360 Call contracts into a spread, writing 100 430s. Just insurance in case the reaction to mind-blowing earnings wasn't what I hoped. As it turned out I was able to buy back those calls for a $20K profit this morning when TSLA was falling through 430.

Guess I should have held on to them longer, but I can't stand watching a position go up as TSLA goes down. No doubt I'd make more money if I could.

BUY THE

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.52.52 AM.jpg

Concur fully. I can easily afford FSD at 10k, but the frugal side of me says "nope, I don't drive enough to justify that".

But, I guess there are enough people out there that will buy this. There are tons of people with $1000+ phones, and I don't spend remotely close to that on phones.

It's just going to make the future $100 / month subscription seem cheap.

I got notification of an update last night and got really excited that Tesla messed up and added me to the "safe driver" category. No luck. Just 2020.40.8 :(

I knew my driving style probably meant I had little chance of Tesla including me in the "safe driver" category but when I saw the screenshot of the center screen of one of the lucky beta testers, any remaining hope evaporated as soon as I noticed they listened to Tori Amos and drove everywhere in Chill mode! ;)

Seriously though, I'm a little concerned about how Tesla selects these "safe" drivers. Because, in my experience, people who drive especially conservatively often do so for a good reason. :eek:

Just gonna leave this here:

If I'd followed your advice, I would have missed out on gains. I mean, we are still green after all. So I don't see why you're flaunting what has turned out to be an incorrect prediction.
First of all, I'm not flaunting. Just pointing out that the immediate SP liftoff was no given and it turned out to be true.

Second, you would not have missed out on gains. I posted yesterday when we were climbing and the SP was around $430. It's unlikely you would have exited your trading position completely at the open today, since nearly all expected the pre-market rise to extend into the day (it's still possible).

Third, I've already regretted coming back to check on TMC this week given the bitter atmosphere around here. When I posted yesterday I was:
1) pointing out how annoying it is that many of the posts in the roundtable were along the lines of "Hey guys, how is the SP gonna react to tomorrows ER? I want to gamble." Pathetic behaviour.
2) pointing out that the implied 11% SP move was unlikely.

Basically I forgot to add "/s" to my post from yesterday, but none could see through it.

Don't get me wrong: ER was stellar and I expected it to be. But I've just had it with all the gamblers and "the wheel"-strategists on here, especially around ER times. (Which is the moment for intelligent discussion and forecast since that's when we get lots of new info)

I'm going back to lurker mode. See you all when we hit $1000.

First of all, I'm not flaunting. Just pointing out that the immediate SP liftoff was no given and it turned out to be true.

Second, you would not have missed out on gains. I posted yesterday when we were climbing and the SP was around $430. It's unlikely you would have exited your trading position completely at the open today, since nearly all expected the pre-market rise to extend into the day (it's still possible).

Third, I've already regretted coming back to check on TMC this week given the bitter atmosphere around here. When I posted yesterday I was:
1) pointing out how annoying it is that many of the posts in the roundtable were along the lines of "Hey guys, how is the SP gonna react to tomorrows ER? I want to gamble." Pathetic behaviour.

Basically I forgot to add "/s" to my post from yesterday, but none could see through it.

Don't get me wrong: ER was stellar and I expected it to be. But I've just had it with all the gamblers and "the wheel"-strategists on here, especially around ER times. (Which is the moment for intelligent discussion and forecast since that's when we get lots of new info)

Wasn't a sell the news event though, as price was up > 3% after the news came out.

Reactions: Krugerrand
I cant tell who is sincere. It certainly got reactions, but many sound nefarious.

Reminds me of the first time we went on an escallator, many refused out of fear of the unknown... my Mom especially.

This has the same ingredients x1,000. You can even read the anger here in protest. And meanwhile, this will all be seen as a safety requirement in the future. We have to get from point A with risk to point B safer. It might be at par to humans already re safety. It helps to understand this, even a little. That's my advice.

Reactions: kcveins

Net present value of share =
(net present value of future dividends)
+ (net present value of buyback)
+ (net present value of share lending)
+ (net present value of what other people are willing to pay for the share)

Tesla hasn't issued dividends or done any buybacks, which only leaves the gamblers.

Reactions: lafrisbee
Closing my last few sold put positions, freeing up the last of my cash, buying calls. FML

Do NOT like the stress of doubling down, but it must be done!

Thanks for that — You reminded me of a couple of sold puts that I was rolling out week-to-week, and I just did the same and bought next weeks $420 calls instead. Play money, but hopefully a better result than this week’s calls. :oops: