Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBH I'm not a huge fan of pricing FSD out of the market, I can't imagine many new buyers stumping up $10k until it's really proved itself and even then it's a bit ask for someone not exploiting their car commercially.

So a subscription model is needed ASAP IMO.

Concur fully. I can easily afford FSD at 10k, but the frugal side of me says "nope, I don't drive enough to justify that".

But, I guess there are enough people out there that will buy this. There are tons of people with $1000+ phones, and I don't spend remotely close to that on phones.

Gotta love CNBS...Tesla blows out the numbers and gets upgrades but apparently there are more important things to place before it:

upload_2020-10-22_7-34-17.png

I'm just gonna leave this here.

EDIT: as we've seen in the past, the SP appreciation mostly comes a few trading days after the good news. Next week should be good.

Just gonna leave this here:

If I'd followed your advice, I would have missed out on gains. I mean, we are still green after all. So I don't see why you're flaunting what has turned out to be an incorrect prediction.

But with your car driving itself around... you could increase the amount of driving enough to justify the price, no?

I work from home, it's heavenly to have a 20s commute (walk down the stairs).

I would consider paying for FSD a month at a time when I have some trips to take, but I'll never pay 10k for this feature. I just don't drive enough to justify the cost.

I would consider paying for FSD a month at a time when I have some trips to take, but I'll never pay 10k for this feature. I just don't drive enough to justify the cost.
$10K is still peanuts compared to falling asleep at 70 mph and crashing. (Of course, I already have it on the X at the lower price, and just to be sure I locked in a Cybertruck with FSD.) I'm not quite up to 10K trip miles since April, so my exposure is likely better than yours.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Tesla's subtle Supercharger 'V4' hints are pointing at the Cybertruck's 350 kW charge rate

Hints about what could very well be Tesla’s next-generation Supercharger “V4” system were shared in the company’s recently-held Q3 earnings call. During the call’s Q&A segment, President of Automotive Jerome Guillen mentioned that Tesla is looking at 350 kW chargers for its cars. These likely include next-generation vehicles like the Model S Plaid and the Cybertruck.

The references to the company’s “V4” Superchargers were shared as a response to a question from Loup Ventures’ Gene Munster, who inquired about the Tesla Semi’s Megacharger ramp. Responding to the analyst’s question, Guillen stated that the Class 8 truck would require a charging system above the 350 kW chargers that the company is looking to release for its vehicles.

$10K is still peanuts compared to falling asleep at 70 mph and crashing. (Of course, I already have it on the X at the lower price, and just to be sure I locked in a Cybertruck with FSD.) I'm not quite up to 10K trip miles since April, so my exposure is likely better than yours.

Sure, and in that case it makes more sense. But unless I have to go out on a road trip (i.e. cannot fly), I drive about 5k miles per year, and half of that is racing in the canyons (not something I want FSD for). In that case it doesn't make any sense for me to purchase FSD.

Reactions: jerry33

Not driving your car? Add your car to the Robotaxi fleet and have it make money all day while you WFH. That's where the real value will come from in the future.

Facebook: We added a new "Like" button to every post! (+5%)
Tesla: We released initial technology so your car can drive for you, plus killed it this quarter. (+2%!)

Mark Zuckerberg : I am a sentient AI sent back from the future to destroy mankind.

FB: +20%

Elon Musk : I am a sentient AI sent back from the future to save mankind.

TSLA: - 20%

There is moaning from this forum after every call. What did you expect people? CNBEEC would call Musk the greatest guy after Bobby Fisher? Shorts would suddenly disappear? Price would go up 10%+ in a day?

Yet, there are still the ones that loaded up well below $200 or so. They get it.

As long as the Cenbc exist they will not be good to us. As long as tools (GJ/Kolodny/Jonas/...etc) exist and get paid for their services we'll not see a good word.

Did you really expect that analysts would proclaim FSD a miracle and the price would go up 200% today?

Well, keep moaning.

I would gladly buy FSD again even if I lost it. We are a team and I don't drive more than 10 mi per week. And if I didnt drive so darn much on FSD, I'd find a reason if not just to take someone else for a ride.

Reactions: UncaNed
Not driving your car? Add your car to the Robotaxi fleet and have it make money all day while you WFH. That's where the real value will come from in the future.

With all the Tesla HATE out there, there is NO WAY I'm renting out my car. This "proposition" never made sense to me unless you could replace the seats with some really cheap material, etc.

I know how my family treats a rental, and we are worse to Taxi's.

Nope, no way in hell I'm renting out my cars.

I'm in the same boat as you. I love to drive and work from home. I'm trying to twist my mind in every direction to justify the purchase, but I can't. Do what I did maybe. Reserve a Cybertruck and Plaid S to lock in the price.

There is moaning from this forum after every call. What did you expect people? CNBEEC would call Musk the greatest guy after Bobby Fisher? Shorts would suddenly disappear? Price would go up 10%+ in a day?

Yet, there are still the ones that loaded up well below $200 or so. They get it.

As long as the Cenbc exist they will not be good to us. As long as tools (GJ/Kolodny/Jonas/...etc) exist and get paid for their services we'll not see a good word.

Did you really expect that analysts would proclaim FSD a miracle and the price would go up 200% today?

Well, keep moaning.
Who is moaning?
Buy, or buy not. There is no moaning.