Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the life of me, I CAN NOT understand why NKLA is down -7.9% today.

They have the ultimate, fool-proof strategy for avoiding the economic effects of Covid:

They don't sell any products.

/s
I had some PUTs on them I was hoping to sell after the share price lockup ended. I got tired of waiting on sold them at a decent profit and bought Tesla calls instead. I did the math and the upside was just much better.

That's not how taxes work though. You are only taxed at the higher bracket on the margin. Working less to keep yourself in a lower tax bracket makes zero sense.

I think his point is that once his YTD income exceed a certain threshold (at each bracket limit), the additional work he put in makes him less and less i.e. reward for the same work reduces over a tax year (or, marginal cost for getting same amount of "profit" increases)

Dave Lee has been interviewing Tesla Youtubers lately and it's been a nice series.

In a video the other day he reiterated the same point I made a while back about autonomy. Our roads are literally designed to be navigated using two cameras with a visual only system. Why design a system that doesn't take advantage of this design?

Dave Lee has been interviewing Tesla Youtubers lately and it's been a nice series.

In a video the other day he reiterated the same point I made a while back about autonomy. Our roads are literally designed to be navigated using two cameras with a visual only system. Why design a system that doesn't take advantage of this design?

And a mind that is engaged. Distractions and the degradation of mind from factors such as age, drinking, tiredness, drugs, kid, etc...
Lowere the performance of the driver. If the AI is enough of a mind the faults of the driver don't enter the driving task.

Covid cases in California are barely up at all. As long as Fremont doesn't shut down again this outbreak will be a huge competitive advantage for Tesla and I doubt TSLA will fall much at all. Even if Fremont does get shutdown TSLA won't fall nearly as much as last time - Tesla's Q2 showed they can turn a profit despite a factory shutdown, and Shanghai will be producing much more than it was then. All Tesla's competitors will be in big trouble.

I went ahead and bought more today. When I buy straight shares it is only for extremely long term. For one unlike some here I have decided I care less about the politics and TSLA price. Both sides have pluses and minuses for Tesla depending on how you look at it. The known current side seems to lead to Tesla chugging along, look at the SP over the last 4 years. The potential new side will also keep Tesla chugging along.... so in conclusion Tesla keeps chugging along. Why don't we just drop this political stuff then?

I have been waiting for this mythical $350 price. I've had money sitting around all October. Wish I had it in September in time for those drops. I'll buy more if it does manage to get down to $350 but with FSD and other good news plus TSLAs fight to want to breakout I am not going to wait. I have bought half of what I want to buy. Either way I'll buy the other half after the election but not because of the election.

If TSLA makes a 5x move over the years a whole extra 17 shares not bought because I chose a higher price won't be the end of the world. At least I bought. What if it never hits $350 again. 5x zero is always zero.

Typically the best time to buy is when others are not buying. TSLA volume has been, in some cases, at record lows.

I do not believe COVID is a locked in stock market downer. COVID is not unexpected any more. When it first shut things down it was an unknown force on the market and the market freaked out as expected. Now everyone knows COVID exist and knows the risks, the ones who deny it are literally nuts. Usually known upcoming negative events cause a very short lived move which cancels all technicals so you have no way of knowing where to buy which negates the whole reason for waiting.

SO that's why I decided to pick up a few more shares.

As usual do not follow my lead. Pick your own road.

Welp...this TMC forum has taken a turn for the worse....i'll be back after the election and when $TSLA is back closer to $500...seems to be a happier place around here when its at those levels :)

I think the election is causing anxiety everywhere :(

I'm also going to be limiting my posts for the next week to avoid any conflicts

Speaking of Disagrees (and apologies for crowding the thread, feel free to skip), my entirely factual post earlier received two such bad marks, from @Beltsbear and from the author of the post I had replied to, @Artful Dodger .

Not sure exactly what specifically they disagreed with — nothing in my post was an opinion — since neither of them left a comment. Possibly corrections of a technical nature are more recently frowned upon here? Or are we meant to use Disagrees to express discomfort when facts don’t match a certain narrative?
Thin-skinned fools love to post opinions that they think are facts. When they are called out they cry about it.

Please continue to post actual facts. Your posts are valuable. Theirs are not. This thread used to be inhabited by far more people who actually knew something. Nowadays there's way more garbage. A sad evolution.

upload_2020-10-28_11-46-48.png

The S&P500 was created in 1957. For the first half-century Oil and ICE hold top positions in the Index. And with the escalating focus on those industries came a growing influence on everything we have done politically and environmentally ever since

upload_2020-10-28_12-1-5.png

This focus continued until literally the Planet and its inhabitants could no longer sustain it

63 years later the S&P500 will reluctantly add TSLA, and in doing so it will illuminate what a much different world we would be living in now if Greed had not triumphed over Logic and Environmental Stewardship 115 years ago (photo above). I am anticipating an amazingly wild roller coaster ride just prior to a very long and steady period of positive performance for TSLA and the Renawables sector. We are about to lift off IMO, intentionally timed around 'both' sides of the election...............meaning there is a very good chance it will seem like we are headed to Mars, however we won't break Max Q on the first attempt (perhaps by design). TSLA Longs don't let the subsequent return to 'Of Course I Still Love You' discourage you. Enjoy the lift off.......but keep plenty of dry powder ready - or use the near-term lift off to fill your 'dry powder pockets', as I think there is a very good chance that this will be a 2 for 1 ride, and the return to the launch pad will happen quicker than almost everyone is anticipating