Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla/Elon hate is still influencing investors. Significant disruption across industries and worldwide is a threat to many, but the juggernaut that is now Tesla can’t be stopped. SP and recognition for what it is will lag for now, but will eventually rise to the levels deserved.

There is no lag. People are valuing Tesla pretty generously today unlike a year and a half ago. We can't just value Tesla at 2030 revenues just because there's a road map which still needs to be executed on.

There is no lag. People are valuing Tesla pretty generously today unlike a year and a half ago. We can't just value Tesla at 2030 revenues just because there's a road map which still needs to be executed on.

Well said... Tesla has shown they have the right strategy but the tactics will be proven over time... Members on this boards have an edge but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Buy long term leaps :D

Reactions: phantasms
You don’t think FUD is currently suppressing TSLA?
Are we talking about robotaxi revenue or revenue from FSD purchases? Robotaxi revenue is not baked in and it shouldn't be until it's ready. FSD take rate is some what baked in how they are valuing Tesla like tech with better than automaker margins.

Elon himself said twice that he thinks the sp is high. And also he said paraphrased "I know our valuation makes it seem like we are minting money but we are really not". He also said " I guess there's a good portion of people who thinks Tesla will win". So Elon feels Tsla is being valued pretty generously.

You don’t think FUD is currently suppressing TSLA?
TSLA is mostly immune to the kind of FUD that used to have a huge impact. in 2018 people were howling for advertising to counter-act all the FUD noise, yet here we are in 2020 with a $395B market cap and FUD basically bounces off TSLA.

Shady moves in share price are now pretty much all manipulations in times of low volume. Perhaps some kind of semi-coordinated low volume too. There's no vast conspiracy, just shady characters whose interests are aligned and tactics can work off each other.

Are we talking about robotaxi revenue or revenue from FSD purchases? Robotaxi revenue is not baked in and it shouldn't be until it's ready. FSD take rate is some what baked in how they are valuing Tesla like tech with better than automaker margins.

Elon himself said twice that he thinks the sp is high. And also he said paraphrased "I know our valuation makes it seem like we are minting money but we are really not". He also said " I guess there's a good portion of people who thinks Tesla will win". So Elon feels Tsla is being valued pretty generously.
He also said more recently that there will be great things coming for investors. I don't believe he really thinks the SP is too high, but that it was his way of saying that he isn't doing this for the money.

That's all well and good, but relatively speaking SP is low(being held down). We're in a free money bubble, now that Tesla as an entity has so much more future certainty we should be moving higher. Then pull back if/when the bubble pops. Nio's worth $50B for god's sake. Tesla was doing a hell of a lot more when they were valued at $50B.

I would really like to get my Tesla soon, but also I don't want to sell until the SP has recovered from the election crazies! :eek: So it's a love/hate thing with my still pending VIN (ordered 15 Sept).

Finance and slice off TSLA shares to pay? That’s my Roadster plan. I’m sure the stock will be at $4k by the time that comes out. Sigh. lol I usually pay cash for things but with interest rates where they are it seems silly to sell a ton of TSLA to pay cash up front, no?

That's all well and good, but relatively speaking SP is low(being held down). We're in a free money bubble, now that Tesla as an entity has so much more future certainty we should be moving higher. Then pull back if/when the bubble pops. Nio's worth $50B for god's sake. Tesla was doing a hell of a lot more when they were valued at $50B.
Are you saying tsla didn't benefit from the free money bubble? How many other stock on the market that 8x after the fed decided to burrrrr money this year?

Don't worry about Nio. That's a hype stock like Nikola. Hell Nikola was nearing 50 billion and didn't even have a working prototype.

My point is TSLA is more impacted by FUD and FUDsters than many other stocks, including NIO. As results continue to disprove FUD (or Tesla/Elon hate) over time then FUD will be less of a drag on SP.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Finance and slice off TSLA shares to pay? That’s my Roadster plan. I’m sure the stock will be at $4k by the time that comes out. Sigh. lol I usually pay cash for things but with interest rates where they are it seems silly to sell a ton of TSLA to pay cash up front, no?

I'm already doing that. Only taking about $55k in shares, and $60k in a loan. Can't afford a full loan outright, even with such a great interest rate as current.

It's better than my plan when I first started to buy some shares! I didn't think I'd have more than a deposit in value total, but now I'll be handily keeping over 200 shares if the SP stays where it's at. Just goes to show how amazing Tesla has been since just last year.

2 Day shipping has just brought my new SteadySpank by RedA$$™️. This new belt drive dosnt run at a high SPM, rather it just delivers one Wallop about every day at about 10:30. CapA$$itors charge up overnight to deliver the punishing blow to the shortys. Strength could be compared to what your dad used to do to you when you cursed in front of your mother.

Looking forward to the end of the turbulence due to the market uncertainties. Talk soon

Love,
Big Time

p.s.
Thanks to ALL posters and mods. Constantly drifting world and all the news and updates coming in real time has helped me HODL for so long, keep it up!!!!!