Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks - we've done really well the last days to be able to comment on the Election relatively objectively, without it turning into a mud-slinging match. So please don't start now, OK?

Indeed. There is a batch of argumentative posts cluttering up this thread entirely related to politics with no attempt to connect to Tesla or investments in general. Let's hope the moderators firmly and quickly clean this up.

Folks - we've done really well the last days to be able to comment on the Election relatively objectively, without it turning into a mud-slinging match. So please don't start now, OK?

On that note. Here is a chart that convinces me to buy more long term TSLA stocks and maybe some LEAPS soonish if the opportunity arrives in the short term. @Curt Renz would probably say I am always looking for signs to buy more stocks anyways. Need no technicals :).
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 19.11.11.png

Oh please I am that upper middle class you refer to and tax rates have never effected my spending. In reality all we did with last tax cuts was increase my kids inheritance. Extra cash if anything gives us more funds to travel outside the US giving other countries more of our money.
Umm, yeah, but doesn’t your state, Illinois, have flat income and capital gains tax rates below 5%? o_O

If only. He will most likely get his own seat at Fox news, continue to flame his supporters with the same message as Biden tries to bring people together, which will most likely be ineffective. His supporters are with him for life. Trump's endorsement of the 2024 candidate will have similar rhetoric except maybe with more grace.

Telling you that this election didn't carry the mandate the Dems were hoping for, which was suppose to be a symbolic of rejection of the Trump GOP. In fact it has solidified the Trump strategy for the GOP. Until the people violently vote against that strategy, it will be here to stay(misinformation, anti science, conspiracy theories, politically incorrectness)

Foreigner here. Any reason he (trump) couldn’t rerun in four years?

Hi all!
I have been reading this threads since around 2015 but have not posted before.

I just learned that Elons private jet was about to land at Skavsta Airport in Sweden today (eleven minuters ago).

Have any of you any idea what he is doing in Sweden (my home country)?

Welcome to TMC. :)

Can you provide us to a source or link confirming that Elon is in Sweden today? :cool:

Mostly-Ex-Mod: This morning I marked 12 of the most egregious posts for deletion, but have come to the conclusion that it's futile and arbitrary. I suggest to all the moderators that we can do no better than drawing a line in the sand, which is that as soon as someone "officially" wins the presidential election, by which I mean voting finishes counting in enough states to push one candidate over, that politics becomes a totally prohibited subject again. So for the audience, you may as well start to taper off. --ggr.

Last edited:
Umm, yeah, but doesn’t your state, Illinois, have flat income and capital gains tax rates below 5%? o_O

Capital Gains taxed as regular income and yes unfortunately we dont have a progressive tax system. In the early 1970s the GOP pushed through amendment that made progressive taxation illegal. This year a change failed. Although my whole family voted yes to it.

Capital Gains taxed as regular income and yes unfortunately we dont have a progressive tax system. In the early 1970s the GOP pushed through amendment that made progressive taxation illegal. This year a change failed. Although my whole family voted yes to it.

It seems many people actually want more taxation and shun on folks like me that are against higher taxes (capital gains and ordinary). May I suggest that those people start donating money to charity and thus kill two birds with one stone. 1. satisfy their desire to contribute to society 2. actually contribute to society