Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hell of a floor at $500.

edit: jinxed it.
Being at $520 end of day tomorrow is probably a massive hit to the MM, hence the level of effort today. All the election bets from earlier this summer/fall hinge on Nov 20 calls, they can't be having all those in the money tomorrow. It make sense to expend quite a bit of ammo to smush us down to $496.

Elon Musk @elonmusk

Unfortunately, there are too many rules around liquor distribution, even in the US. However, we will be selling the lightning bottle & shot glasses worldwide.
----

YAY! :D I never cared about the tequila anyway.

Heh, that's bad news for all the folks selling the bottle for like $1000 on ebay I guess...

NOT AN ADVICE: Don't be long on empty bottles.

This is a good reminder that inclusion might be a sure thing, but there will be fatigue. This literally cannot go on through the entire buying window, it's still more than a month out. We may very well see a period of major fatigue set in, combine with profit taking, and drive us back down below $450-480 temporarily.

There's no escape, we all know that. The actual mid-Dec buying window is going to be madness and there will be major spikes likely followed by TSLA settling much higher than $500 for a good while. BUT....I'm starting to feel like this absurdly long run up will create a big fatigue dip in a week or two. We shall see.

Understand it's highly unlikely this will be the mood for an entire month. It just can't happen that way. Be ready for $420/$440/$460 with a plan!

This.

Was the S&P plan. Not a bad plan at all, given their limited options. Can especially do a number on calls. I got some 600 calls that are up 400% since I purchased morning after announcement. Do I take profit? Some? All? Watch them go down to break even only to quadruple again? Watch them go up another 400% as soon as I dump? So much stress!!!!

First world problems....

I tell ya, genius traders can absolutely make a mint over stretches like this. Thousands of percentage points. Wish I qualified...

I do have a hard time seeing low 400s again pre inclusion, but macros could get nuked.

No, I'm still mostly out. I did buy another 5000 shares after hours after the inclusion announcement, more or less doubling my current stake. But the current rally from 390 has largely passed me by.

I'm still worrying that we're going to see transition turmoil that will roil the markets. So far some of the signs are good that we'll avoid that, but I'm not yet confident. And at this point, for me, there really isn't any point in gambling other than entertainment.
$5 Million in TSLA is "mostly out"? Congrats.

The battle of SP 500
True

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-11-19.12-00.png
That was a cheeky move at 11:45 to drop the SP by $10 in a few minutes. What shortzes dont' realize is that ALL sharees will be soaked up eagerly as long as all these unknowns are in play.

Back over $500 at 12:02 pm. :D

Cheers!

After the September spike, I swore if we hit $500 again I'd sell off about 15% of my TSLA to get rid of margin. Now that we're there, I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe during the inclusion spike.

However, I did the calculations about how leveraging the margin was during my buying of the last two years. My portfolio is ~3x larger than if I had not used any - just by buying on margin and keeping about 80% margin equity during the run-up. I may just continue this strategy.

No, I'm still mostly out. I did buy another 5000 shares after hours after the inclusion announcement, more or less doubling my current stake. But the current rally from 390 has largely passed me by.

I'm still worrying that we're going to see transition turmoil that will roil the markets. So far some of the signs are good that we'll avoid that, but I'm not yet confident. And at this point, for me, there really isn't any point in gambling other than entertainment.
Buying 5000 shares to double your position is "mostly out?" Can you send some of those chairs my way

When we hit $600 I am making another Tesla reservation.

You are supposed to make the reservation before you have the funds to buy it. The reservation is only $100 (refundable) and the waiting list is long! By the time your name comes up, money probably won't be an issue!

Last edited: