Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amusing thought experiment!
But, as has been pointed out just now, whatever will Tesla do with all that money? They can't spend it all, not enough resources to buy. How can it be better invested than in Tesla?

On the other hand, it might be worth a lot to pull some haughty noses out of joint. Worth enough? Hardly IMO.
They could buy some TSLA with it. That's been a pretty good investment so far.

They could buy some TSLA with it. That's been a pretty good investment so far.
Actually, would't that be a buyback, as has been suggested here many times? Serves as an anti-dilution, I guess?

Plus of course, as Lodger suggests, finance some other enterprises. Bottleneck is as always Elon time.

EDIT: "Apres nous, le antidilute" :cool:

and another thought
this thingee that the S&P 500 does on the 11th(?) where they decide how much TSLA all the index funds have to buy, yeah yeah I know the Index funds don't care, BUT!
would it benefit the S&P 500 for TSLA to have a low SP thereby making the market cap lower, thereby having TSLA enter at a lower valuation...So wouldn't it be smart to buy puts today, or wait till the 11th to buy LEAPS or such stuff?

Reactions: kanweg
No dilution whatsover when the money goes directly onto the balance sheet. Each shareholder owns a chunk of that new money. It's a net wash.

It is not dilution at the time of share issuance but a dilution of future appreciation (capital gain and dividend included).

* if the capital raise was done just for the sake of it without tangible benefit derived from the cash received. Given that EM did comment tesla is already spending money as fast as possible efficiently. More money thrown at the problem do not necessarily accelerate the goal for transitioning to sustainable energy or increase pace of capital appreciation etc.

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry reveals he's short Tesla, tells Elon Musk to issue more stock at its 'ridiculous price'

If you’re wondering if new shorts are jumping in now, while an oncoming steamroller is approaching, the answer is yes.
Is he not saying that Elon should be selling his own shares?(that was how I read it) & sounds like the shorts & funds that need TSLA are just trying to get someone big to sell...because who The F would be selling anything now? I have like 17 I 'can' sell for racing parts

Sorry couldn't resist

https://twitter.com/WallStCynic/status/1334155612779913217

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 2.26.27 PM.png

QS (QuantumScape) down 17% at opening. I know, not TSLA, but some here follow it because it is related.

Might be a buy-in opportunity coming. Not advice.
While you didn't provide advice, I certainly appreciated the note as I was able to finally buy in. It is funny, but I'm only investing in QS due to JB being on the board. I plan to do a deep dive this weekend. Working with him at Tesla was such an honor and I'm happy to put money into his ventures.