Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad you made it out of that hell-hole!

Can you share what the $400K in shares would be worth today if you had just let the stock sit there?
real lesson ... that is some tough love right there !:rolleyes:

ok here goes ... i really hope am misinterpreting what happened here

Average TSLA closing SP for month of January 2019 = $63.81 (Split adjusted)
assume portfolio is 100% TSLA shares then $400,000/$63.81/share= 6268 shares
current SP $800*6268 = $5,014,888

Last edited:
If you own stock instead of selling try using a trailing stop at maybe $30 below the current price. This will allow you to ride the wave up, but knowing you have a lever in place to get you out. The only issue with this strategy is it can drop overnight and you have no control in that situation.

There have been enough instances where shorts/mmd have triggered these stop-loss orders to shake out people's holdings to show that this isn't a good insurance plan.

It's insane how far Tesla keeps going up.
Personally, I think the stock price has gotten ahead of itself in the short-term.
Many folks have been saying the same thing continuously for the last year. I feel sorry for those who let that opinion keep from getting in or adding to their positions.

What, you don't count your assets in terms of Tesla shares? Mine went up a bit, but barely so in 2020. Less than 5% may be.
As I am on my way to joining the Teslanaire club, it's really wild that the value of my portfolio, which consists almost 100% of TSLA stock, virtually mirrors the SP and the company value. So it's pretty easy to guess how many shares I currently hold. Makes it pretty easy to estimate the SP when I get up in the morning too! This AM was a screamer... good thing I have no close neighbors or they might have thought there was a crime being committed!

Last edited:
809?

Let's just say that the mobile detailers working on my M3 in the driveway are getting a better than average tip today!

Tell them you figured that your car was really rough looking and, if you were to sell it today, they just increased the value by at least as much as their fee with the generous tip included! Be sure to set a good example by wearing a mask and not taking too much of their time!

Reactions: cjkosh
When I look at all those zeros gained today.
When I think of yesterday.
When I think of nearly the next two weeks.
My mind is in grotesque sensory overload.
I do not understand.
I thought I was fairly rational.
Now I shall consume inebriating beverages.
I haven't non-alcoholic inebriates close at hand.
Actually, I'm drunk on sensory overload.

Even though the gains today have been eye-popping, thanks to our super low cost basis, perhaps lower than initial investment for many, Tesla is nowhere near the top of my watch list. Several of the ARKG names are doing closer to 20%, and I feel really dirty for saying this, but NKLA is 9% + as I am saying this.

Mentioning that as we are not in some abnormal Tesla specific move, but more a reallocation aided by strong macros.

Also, worth noting that S&P inclusion causing a drop in float certainly seems to have increased volatility, and it has be happily to the upside, which was not that unexpected if you've been paying attention to @FrankSG, Fact Checking, etc.

upload_2021-1-7_15-36-20.png

This type of parabolic rise often ends in a swift retracement. There are good reasons to think “this time is different” and it will find an equilibrium point and level off: Inclusion & continued fund buying, earnings, the laundry list of pending good stuff coming up.

I have no prediction or advice, other than to be cautious as you sip your Teslaquila (which still hasn’t arrived :mad:).

Tell them you figured that your car was really rough looking and, if you were to sell it today, they just increased the value by at least as much as their fee with the generous tip included! Be sure to set a good example by wearing a mask and not taking too much of their time!

Us Tesla owners never want to get that reputation BMW owners have of being total jerks!
Tesla owners are smart, kind folks who like to smile and say things like "Oh, don't worry about it man!" and "Nice job!".

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Even though the gains today have been eye-popping, thanks to our super low cost basis, perhaps lower than initial investment for many, Tesla is nowhere near the top of my watch list. Several of the ARKG names are doing closer to 20%, and I feel really dirty for saying this, but NKLA is 9% + as I am saying this.

Mentioning that as we are not in some abnormal Tesla specific move, but more a reallocation aided by strong macros.

Also, worth noting that S&P inclusion causing a drop in float certainly seems to have increased volatility, and it has be happily to the upside, which was not that unexpected if you've been paying attention to @FrankSG, Fact Checking, etc.
It appears you made TSLA jealous!

View attachment 625380

This type of parabolic rise often ends in a swift retracement. There are good reasons to think “this time is different” and it will find an equilibrium point and level off: Inclusion & continued fund buying, earnings, the laundry list of pending good stuff coming up.

I have no prediction or advice, other than to be cautious as you sip your Teslaquila (which still hasn’t arrived :mad:).

I agree. Some of the comments here scare me implying that retracements are impossible. Sounds like crypto in 2017.