Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we now drop FB completely, along with N? I truly dislike FB - it has no business being here. So we keep only AMAGT
Assuming it is pronounced like this
ermahgerd.jpg

Getting too close for comfort to the $1100 sell order I have on my shares. Better up it to $3000 while I'm thinking about it...
Dirty Confessions of your HODLMeister:
A zillion years ago, way back on 7 July 2020 when TSLA was at a split-adjusted $274, I confided to my broker that, inasmuch as I was convinced Tesla would in the near future finally be added to the S&P500 Index, that there might ensue a bit of a short squeeze and we could see something not far different from the Great VW Meltup. So I arranged for a very specific fraction of my shares to be covered by a Good Till Canceled Sell order, just in case these eagle eyes blinked for a picosecond and missed out in the froth.

I'll not confide to you what that price point was, but it was zany at the time (and higher than the others also posted here today). Yet, exactly six months later, we're not hugely off that ridiculous mark. The wonderful difference is, however, that the appreciation has been a classic, but inexorable, march upwards rather than a Burj Khalifa needle. Regardless, it's time to perform the "C" part of that GTC (it also may have expired today as I think I'd a 6-month window).

You are most likely correct, but so many here believe that corrections don't exist.
A smarter play would be investing in bitcoin and then buying when TSLA crashes 50+%.

First of all, nobody here thinks corrections don’t exist. Go pedal that schtick some place else.

Secondly, feel free smarty pants to follow your own advice, while I continue to hold my long term investment shares a long time - like another 9 years.

So the 8+ disagrees I got on my post isn't proof that a lot of people on this thread are delusional?

Also, I did follow my own advice. My bitcoin investment is rising faster than TSLA. Looking forward to getting back in after the mega TSLA crash.
TSLA went up more than BTC today. ;) I'm expecting it to be the opposite over the next couple years but TSLA is relatively safe, BTC is not at all.

Do you recommend other strategies for someone sitting with about 1000 shares? I'm glad to learn more.
Depends on your situation and risk tolerance.
1. Hold
2. Hold but get out of margin and diversify a little
3. Sell covered calls against shares
4. Buy puts as insurance
5. Request to be placed into a medically induced coma for 5 years because that's the option that will pay off the most.

I'm a 2 myself at this point. I'm "only" 65% Tesla.

As I posted previously on this board, I liquidated all my short term TSLA holdings post SP inclusion. It was a spectacular run, leveraged into options I made ridiculous coin.

The flawed plan was to re-establish positions as TSLA stabilized post SP for yet another run which I knew was coming. Ha! Never stopped running. Flawed in hindsight of course, :oops:.

Today I was actually holding TSLA PUTS in my short term account, cause you know, that's what short term accounts are for, trading and such :eek:.

The puts of course got HAMMERED into oblivion :(.

Despite this, I turned a big profit in the short term today due to other positions, specifically IPOE. :cool:

But my long term accounts had a bigger profit for me today than I have ever made in my life, an amount I am ashamed to post and this is of course because of TSLA.

I sold some covered calls today. 1500 Jan 22s for 100 dollars. I am happily prepared to part with those specific shares for twice today's price a year from now (or a month from now o_O). I have already settled on a large number of shares that will never be touched (well, maybe at 5,000. Or maybe 10,000. or maybe ....ah, whatever).

I grew up lower middle class paycheck to paycheck. Where I am at now was unimaginable once I became an adult (almost everyone thinks they will be a billionaire or some such at 15, at least if they care enough to think about it). I think my lack of practice at dealing with these large numbers has handicapped my ability to handle them without losing my mind. It is only money.... and yet it was so precious and unavailable once.

I guess If I really knew what I was doing, my short term account would have really blown up the past ten days. OTOH, if I am failing at this, 99% of the American investing public would love to be labeled as failures as well.

Congratulations to all here, especially the crazy leveraged that cannot believe their eyes. Go big or go home, right? They say that to really become rich, money must mean nothing to you. Elon has followed that script. Equity is just something you use to get where you want to go.