Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this rate everyone can just start HODL with 20k and ditch their job....

this is INSANE

We've seen this exuberance before (read: forced buying/hedging by shorters and marketmakers). When we went from 387 to 965 in January and from 1000 to 1796 in July. We know the dips that followed. This time the benchmarkers have been thrown into the mix. I wonder whether they will absorb a drop if there's one.

Q - Would this be a good time for another capital raise and really go for growth?
No he can't seem to burn all the cash at the rate he was going last year, he was quoted "trying to invest as much cash as possible without burning it" i bet he's far over that level since the last raise.

BUT he can just buy VW to speed up things in germany.... they were slacking on the EV development for years!
That'll teach 'm

Hello All,

Haven't chimed in for a bit. Recent times have been absolutely crazy both positive and negatives. Set your stops don't be too greedy. I am holding 98% of my TSLA because I still believe in the mission. Your money should go to work for good causes (so long as you don't need it for immediate things). With that said, we need to also think what's justifying this run.

- Some of it is Shorts
- Some of it is S&P Upward buying pressure
- Catching up of the market realizing Tesla is more than the cars
- Full Self Driving Beta's really looking good
- Factory building
- Really executing in the harshest global economic environment we've seen in recent history
- overall + press
- Product launches (Y SRP and third row)
- government environment that acknowledges science again

What's not realized and where I see the upside
- TESLA ENERGY (this is the BIGGEST thing)
- Future Products coming to fruition
- FSD actually working 100% this year
- More cars being delivered and more earnings in general

...color me dumb, but what does that mean?
A dividend split, such as the last one Tesla did, forces the short sellers actually purchase shares. The last one took $5B from their pockets. Right now the short sellers have mostly bailed, so they won't get a lot of pain if a split were to happen today.