Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m expecting the stock price to jump 7 to 10 percent on news of the Model S refresh.

Nothing but silence recently. Are there still no model S’s showing up within the Fremont parking lot?

I also understand that the GA line for Model S may not start rolling until the first week of Feb.

Can’t wait to hear something, any new news, or even rumors at this point.

Weekend is coming and we NEED this Model S refresh news.

Not because it will raise $TSLA stonk but there needs to be a new topic of conversation after the close besides panel gaps.

Or will it just degenerate to

"Size of panel gaps in Model S refresh?" anyway on the news?

I’m expecting the stock price to jump 7 to 10 percent on news of the Model S refresh.

Nothing but silence recently. Are there still no model S’s showing up within the Fremont parking lot?

I also understand that the GA line for Model S may not start rolling until the first week of Feb.

Can’t wait to hear something, any new news, or even rumors at this point.

I drive past the southern logistics lot on a daily basis. Only 3's and Y's have been visible in the lot or loading on carriers since December.

I take it as a good sign that we did not massively run up this week into earnings (yes we ran up since beginning of the year but I believe the primary hypothesis behind this runup is benchmark funds buying).

plus we consolidated nicely this week, on ANEMIC volume

plus exuberance level in this forum is medium to low

all of this _might_ set up for a nice post-earnings rally, opposite to the "buy the rumor sell the news" pattern we observed around the last calls.

Taken a few days ago

EsI0xDEW8AsEptf

Just now

https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/1352495575036547073

Ruh oh.... Elon...

he already had it.

0CF027F4-ADE0-43C7-BD39-9959394F6ECF.jpeg

With all that Mr Musk has repeated over the years I have been following him, I cannot believe that effective carbon capture does not rank supremely high on his list of what is important for mankind.

Given my understanding of the socioindustrial processes presently ocurring, I am quite certain I know WHAT the winning solution is. Most unfortunately, I have not been able to come up with HOW to effect that.

Summary: no soup for me.
Killing all the humans? That's a pretty indirect capture so it probably won't count.

I take it as a good sign that we did not massively run up this week into earnings (yes we ran up since beginning of the year but I believe the primary hypothesis behind this runup is benchmark funds buying).

plus we consolidated nicely this week, on ANEMIC volume

plus exuberance level in this forum is medium to low

all of this _might_ set up for a nice post-earnings rally, opposite to the "buy the rumor sell the news" pattern we observed around the last calls.

If we're talking about patterns, I wouldn't mind another repeat of the price action after the Q4 2019 earnings. ;)

Mid-BB sits at 766 according to PapaFox's post early this morning.

SP has been trading way above the mid-BB for many trading days now, at some point they will merge (either SP drops precipitously, or mid-BB catches up). I've been sitting on the sidelines since the inclusion run-up to see if MMs will slam the SP down. I'm not day trading until I see the SP dip below the mid-BB--that could be today, that could be two months from now, who knows.

Anyway, I've been waiting to see how long it takes for the SP to hit the mid-BB again.

SP has been trading way above the mid-BB for many trading days now
TSLA last traded below the Mid-BB (the dotted red line in the chart below) on Nov 16, 2020 when the SP closed at $408.09 (that's about 50 trading sessions ago).

S&P DJI announced that TSLA would be added to the S&P 500 after the Close that day. TSLA is up over 100% since then.

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-01-22.09-30.png

Today is the 1st time TSLA has traded below the 10 day Moving Average, MA(10) above, since Dec 23, 2020.

Last edited: