Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As people complained about it when it came out, I am making a positive affirmation that the newest OTA update has re-enlarged the model car, and the speed limit signs on the S's driver dash.

And thus all complaints were silenced. (/s)
I love that they did that, they should use all larger bold text everywhere. While they're at it they should allow Replay and scrolling within a song for streaming music, can't imagine why they don't.

Did the OTA update worsen the Tesla APP connection for anyone else? Mine really stinks since I downloaded the latest OTA update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy O
45% foreign you say? Thought it was mostly USA made... vertical integration and all, no?

A tesla is in huge part batteries by cost. Tesla's battery appetite is so massive that they are buying from every major battery supplier that exists pretty much. That alone causes a big chunk to import %. Add the touchscreens and other computer components that are almost certainly coming from Asia. Vertical integration doesn't mean they make it all. It just means the depth of their supply chain is much shallower than traditional auto

Munro got a FSD beta ride. Looking forward to his next video.

https://twitter.com/teslaownerssv/status/1353824220371841024?s=21

Munro doesn't really know anything about software or deep learning. You might as well listen to my predictions for the Q4 ER: "What he said", pointing to an (The) accountant.

PS. Munro is free to talk about whatever he wants, but it dilutes his credibility when he talks about something he clearly does not understand (which I noticed happen once when he had taken several electric motors apart).

EV Sales: Europe December 2020

EUR%2BM.jpg

EUR.jpg

upload_2021-1-26_1-1-32.png

upload_2021-1-26_1-2-42.png

In other words, 16-year-old Robinhood traders 1 - "star" hedge fund portfolio manager 0. In yet other words, hedge funds are now bailing out other hedge funds (in which they have invested money), who have been steamrolled by the Robinhood Gen-Z "buy everything" juggernaut."

Lol, why do I get the feeling that 2021 is becoming a Dragon Ball Z level? :p

(imma more "Bugs Meets Bull"...)

Cheers!

IMO, there are 2 factors currently keeping shortz from capitulating:
  1. Q1 is traditionally Tesla's weakest quarter:
    1. 2018 - Production 'hell'
    2. 2019 - Logistics/Delivery 'hell'
    3. 2020 - shortzes 'rescued' by covid
    4. 2021 - What is in store for Tesla?
    • MiC Model Y is being delivered now
    • Model S/X refresh is imminent
    • Billion-dollar FCF from Q4 2020
    • $1.8B Valuation Allowance to be claimed
    • First-ever Annual Profit
    • 2021 Production Guidance
    • FSD Beta momentum builds
    • continued buying interest from Benchmark Funds
    • Rating Agencies upgrades to "Investment Grade"
    • FED money pouring into TSLA bonds
  2. Analysts fail to understand Tesla's Bty Manufacturing plan:
    1. Analysts project linear growth to 5M veh/yr by 2030
    2. Tesla plans exponential growth to 20M veh/yr by 2030
    3. Analysts didn't "read my memo" posted after Bty Day (more later)
    4. Tesla will build at least 1 factory that builds the tooling required to build battery factories (possibly 1 per continent)
    5. think coke bottlling plant: those machines come from somewhere
    6. this is Elon's "Machine that build the Machine"
    7. 'Snap, Crackle, Pop' (steepening the curve in Physics speak)
Therefore:
  • Tesla will grow (and prosper)
  • shortzes will short (and be crushed).
Cheers!

Last edited:
Elon's tweets are making a big impact for one unrelated stock this morning
View attachment 630790
ETSY is now 222,50 +13,69 (6,56%) pre-market
Link: https://twitter.com/colbyadd/status/1354028592880099333
Yes, most of us are fully aware that Elon can move a stock 20% with a single tweet. *cough cough* :mad:

;)

.. i fear these things will get him in Trouble with the SEC in the future .. "stock-manipulation" because he tweets his thoughts ;)

I mean. He is no WallStreet-Analyst who CAN do that all the time on national TV ... :D
Well, he only owns TSLA and his own companies right? No problem then. It IS hilarious watching the various shorts and stock pumpers on CNBC whine about how the WSB crowd is pumping up a stock. They are so mad that a bunch of idiots are able to play the same game now. Especially rich coming from CNBC as they still let GoJo on the air and that's blatant manipulation.

A bit of perspective - on Jan 27, 2020, TSLA opened @108.40
Wonderful to be long, unimaginable to still be short.
Begging the question, what prices will we be comparing January 26, 2021 at 8:24 AM EST? At this rate it would be SP $7,298; so stop and multiply that by your total TSLA brokerage account Delta (assuming 100% TSLA) and see how THAT will affect your net worth!

If you're a new guy and don't know what I'm talking about by total "account Delta" (I only learned recently) then I suggest you might want to do a bit of Googling and then explore your brokerage's laptop trading app as it's an interesting number.

(Edited many times for some ridiculous reason that, I guess, reflects my muddled thinking)

Last edited: