Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2021-1-26_14-46-50.png

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1354062753238020096

I cannot find the page now, but I saw something about 138% of float. Does lay credence to the vast naked short theory.
It was mentioned in this CNBC article from yesterday:
GameStop jumps amid retail frenzy, shares double at one point in wild trading

"GameStop, a brick-and-mortar video game retailer, has been a popular short target on Wall Street. In fact, more than 138% of its float shares had been borrowed and sold short, the single most shorted name in the U.S. stock market, according to FactSet citing the latest filings."

Today is going to be another wild day for all heavily shorted stocks. In addition to GME still in play, BYND is soaring after Beyond Meat announced a deal with Pepsi.

If the shorts start falling like dominoes, it could be massive for a large basket of stocks.

If they do get badly burned on GME and others, how would it affect tsla? Would margin calls force them to cover?

I think you'll find they already did this last year - maybe not with common share positions, but they were certainly yolo-ing on weeklies, which was forcing delta-hedging, and the stock up. Looking at WSB now, it's all GME and BB discussions/memes, last year for along time it was TSLA, for months, and lots of references to "papa Musk"

Although they probably don't have the capital to shift the stock the way they did with GME, I'm pretty sure they helped

Although I'm cheering them on - I do wonder why the SEC isn't looking into their activities, it's clearly coordinated stock manipulation, and in broad daylight too, but more power to them - the more shorts get burned, the better

The SEC going after a bunch of kids having fun with their stimulus checks when they completely ignored all the shenanigans that happened in 2008 and put 0 people in jail when they collapsed the entire economy would be grounds to fire every single person at the SEC IMHO.

Tesla will be a part of this without a doubt. If they are excluded (for whatever reason), the entire issue would become a political negative for the administration, which they certainly don't want.

Tesla has worked with localities and will be a part of this federal program.

Agree...reason for tesla to advertise the 35k three again, and push faster with the model 2!

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think you'll find they already did this last year - maybe not with common share positions, but they were certainly yolo-ing on weeklies, which was forcing delta-hedging, and the stock up. Looking at WSB now, it's all GME and BB discussions/memes, last year for along time it was TSLA, for months, and lots of references to "papa Musk"

Although they probably don't have the capital to shift the stock the way they did with GME, I'm pretty sure they helped

Although I'm cheering them on - I do wonder why the SEC isn't looking into their activities, it's clearly coordinated stock manipulation, and in broad daylight too, but more power to them - the more shorts get burned, the better
If the SEC went after WSB then they'd have to acknowledge the ILLEGAL Naked selling (?)

I'm bringing the below video from Sandy Munroe to make a point. There has been a lot of questioning here about if Tesla Fremont is using gigacasting for models beyond the Model Y. IMO this video makes a solid argument that they are ONLY using casting for the Y. They do not appear to have back-ported it over to the Model 3.

Why would they do this? I suspect there are 2 main reasons:
1) They simply don't have enough casting machines to move the 3 over to a casting design. Fremont is pretty tight on space and those machines take up a good bit of room outdoors.
2) Moving over to a cast would mean that they then have to support two different repair pathways for the 3 with components involved in that area. This makes it more difficult (but not impossible) to keep cars moving through their repair network at a reasonable pace.

Some here have argued that Tesla should simply change the dies from one car to another (3, Y, S, and X) on the gigapress and make some production runs for each. If that were practical, it would have already been done, but most likely that kind of swap involves significant downtime and then a "validation run" of the product coming out from the presses. When you have a demand problem, you don't want downtime like this, so you just keep cars like the 3, S, and X going on "what we know works".

Given the above, I highly doubt that any refreshed Model S/X will have casting employed. Not as long as it is still coming out of Fremont.

I was watching an episode of "Long Way up" last night. Its Ewen Mcgregor and Charlie Borman riding electric motorbikes from Tierra del Fuego to Los Angeles. In the episode, Charlie visited the Panama Canal. I looked out of the window at my Model 3 and thought, that car has been along that canal. Nothing to do with anything really but I just liked the thought :)

Well I just joined you all. Bought stock today in Tesla.. I will check back on its growth in 10 years.
It will be way up...but inbetween you will become a TMC addict....talk about manipulating bastages...think about buying islands.

Spend way to much time on everything Tesla, Elon Musk, Spacex.

In short you will be assimilated.

Welcome aboard!