Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This set of requirements might be tad difficult to stick to...
1. Tesla is all out because of lack of unions
2. Chevy Bolt is out as it is ~80% Korean built
3. For Mach-E is out as it is built in Mexico
4. GM' Hummer-EV is already sold out for the only model currently available (cheaper version to come out ~2024)

So what are they going to buy ? Is Rivian unionized ?
What vehicle currently on market ticks all those boxes ?

workhorse? (Even now up7%)

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
It is indeed. The Hill is a news site about politics (The Hill referring to Washington DC).

FYI, on a whim, I decided to invest some play money into AMC, BB, NOK which are the next stocks that the reddit army is pushing to try to break these hedge fund shorts. I don't care if I lose it all, I just wanted to say I did my bit to stick it to them.
How ironic that NOK and BB ...2 old school company's are part of this revolution.

Reactions: NooB_cat
It is indeed. The Hill is a news site about politics (The Hill referring to Washington DC).

FYI, on a whim, I decided to invest some play money into AMC, BB, NOK which are the next stocks that the reddit army is pushing to try to break these hedge fund shorts. I don't care if I lose it all, I just wanted to say I did my bit to stick it to them.

You got misled as bb and nok doesn't have high short interest.

The theory is that they are distractions by hedgies to spread the pressure away from gme.

Same here. I went back and looked at the statements- all it says is “made by Americans”. No mention of union. @SarahsDad can you point to where you got the info that it has to be Union workers?
While it may not be in the written statements, he definitely did say "Union-made" during his speech as I heard him say it and my ears perked up. Hopefully they deleted it on purpose in the written statements, as that would be a difficult and IMHO poor requirement for BEV's built in the US.

• Helpful
Reactions: NooB_cat and Skryll
You got misled as bb and nok doesn't have high short interest.

The theory is that they are distractions by hedgies to spread the pressure away from gme.

Nope they each have mid 50% short interest. That list you might be looking at are US companies only I think. NOK and BB aren't domiciled in the US.

Oops. Quoted the wrong dude. This is about BB and NOK being distractions.

I don't believe that is true. There were DD by several users on BB and NOK before GME mooned. (rocket emojis).

BB was because they sold their smart phone patents to Huawei, settled lawsuit with FB, and the pivot of their business to security including EVs (and SpaceX even). Their P/E multiples were a fraction of peers.

NOK was due to their leadership in 5G technology - so much so that William Barr recommended that the US take a stake in NOK and possibly Ericsson.

Like Chamath said. There are some seriously good DD on there if you look past the emojis and memes.

We did it
upload_2021-1-27_13-2-54.png