Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Power plant survived the bombing. But maybe the allied forces aren't done yet :eek:
Unexploded Bomb from WWII Found at VW's Headquarters
OT:

German WW2 Ace Fighter pilot Adolf Galland was credited with 104 A/C shot down during the war, all of them against the Western Allies.

Now Galland was no NAZI, so after the war he found a way to put his skills to use as a test pilot for various Western fighter jet development programs.

In the 1960s, he was involved in the crash of a prototype Hawker-Siddeley Harrier "Jump Jet" during an attempted vertical take-off (intake momentum drag yaw was blamed in the investigation).

Galland ejected successfully, and walked away from the incident. Later he was heard to say, "Well, that's 105 Allied Aircraft destroyed!"

I hope Elon knows about this incident before test flights of the SpaceX ed. Roadster... :p

Cheers!

P.S. R.I.P. Col Steve M, who told me this story back in 1988 :cool:

Last edited:
Anybody else curious about the 18,000 calls at $1700 for Friday? Seems really strange that anyone who be buying those. Elon also said he would be off Twitter for a bit. Is there something happening this week? I sure hope not, since I sold a 1000c for Friday that I’m assuming is safe.

Ok one possibility is a hedge fund currently short Tesla is instituting a new risk management policy and buying $1700 calls would be capping their losses in the event of a crazy upside move. I imagine there are a bunch of hedge funds implementing new risk management policies after last week.

Elon leaving Twitter for awhile usually means what? I don't remember that last time he took a Twitter break.

Apple Car seems all but confirmed now, so if he's off Twitter because he literally cannot Tweet from China where it's banned and he's flying there now to firm up the last details of a deal with BYD, then this is going to be one wild week.

Elon leaving Twitter for awhile usually means what? I don't remember that last time he took a Twitter break.

Apple Car seems all but confirmed now, so if he's off Twitter because he literally cannot Tweet from China where it's banned and he's flying there now to firm up the last details of a deal with BYD, then this is going to be one wild week.
Word is he's advised by his lawyers to take a break after a series of market-moving tweets: Signal, Dogecoin, GME, Clubhouse, etc...

"We need to increase tree cover five times faster than we are," said John Kerry, Biden's special envoy for climate. "We need to ramp up renewable energy six times faster. And the transition to electric vehicles needs to take place at a rate 22 times faster."

and

"Coal-fired power plants are just uneconomic and are continuing to retire," says Dan Lashof, director of the World Resources Institute. "But much of the power from coal plans has been replaced by natural gas-fired power plants, and we need to start making that transition away from gas. And that means doubling or tripling the pace at which we're building wind and solar over the next decade."

How Fast Will Biden Need To Move On Climate? Really, Really Fast

Munro's candid reaction to FSD beta is must watch. The way FSD made a critical engineer and auto industry insider sound like a giddy fanboy should strike fear into legacy auto. If they didn't realize already that Tesla is on the verge or releasing world-changing technology, they should now.

16:20 into the video: Elon really knows software: "more lines of code are worse than less lines of code!" Tesla Autopilot only has only 200K lines of code?

16:20 into the video: Elon really knows software: "more lines of code are worse than less lines of code!" Tesla Autopilot only has only 200K lines of code?

1. I believe for neural nets, the net structure and the net parameters are usually stored in a DB rather than represented in the code.
The neural nets they use can be huge and that data is in DB not in the code.

2. Also Elon might be talking about the code running in the car, which should be a small part of the whole system.
The car is kind of like a client doing some light work like inference. The backend system in the cloud is the core, which handles data process, training and new model distribution and so on.

Take Google as an example, the google.com page we see might use only 1k line of code, but the size of the backend can be huge.

Not Sandy’s best moment but it did reveal some details. Overall, it was great that the interview happened and good info came out of it. Great info on the casting technology.

I found myself missing Jack R. for a moment. Were it to have happened, .... nah, it would not have happened.