Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the time Tesla is no longer a "car" company and doesn't track with them, it's a Bitcoin company and tracks with that?

oh come on you know the only reason Tesla is profitable is because BTC is appreciating. /s

Guarantee this is a headline within the next 12 months. lol

Perhaps this is one of his extra accounts? Kind of strange you just showed up recently as head of the GB fan club.

Yeah, this kind of thing expected. Little room for middle ground around here, its either black or white, not gray eh?

I'm willing to listen to arguments from the other side, want to interpret things on my own. Understand the arguments. I've been wrong before and don't have the luxury of a closed mind.

Tesla Owners Of Silicon Valley: In-Depth Talk, Tesla Full Self-Driving

[...]“This is why I hope you own TSLA stock,” he replied. “The most exciting thing about what Tesla’s doing is the software, and that is why they are now worth more than Facebook. It’s because they are selling transportation as a service, they are selling software. So, yes, without a shadow of a doubt, that is the future, and companies that continue not to do that will die. It’s clear.”[...]

Tesla Owners Of Silicon Valley: In-Depth Talk, Tesla Full Self-Driving

It's now been about 15 straight hours of selling this week, amounting to a ~6% decline. Usually that duration of selling would mean a bounce for TSLA based on past performance, but since it has been so gradual the stock is not oversold, so it could just keep going this way. There are a lot of 800 puts this week, so hopefully that level will hold. :oops:

View attachment 635566
Anybody else buying this MMMD? (Massive MMD)? Bought a few more. I hope that’s the bounce starting. Edit: Test drove the Y yesterday. Loved the car, but hated the tight steering, even on comfort. Drove like a tank. Much tighter than my 2015 S70D.

It’s been interesting on this forum recently...The only real news has been BTC and chip shortages. Lots of speculation on timing the market thanks mostly to GB. My observations are simple. Some of you guys are all about timing the market and use options to chase your convictions, nothing new here, it’s just not me. My timing is wrong more than it’s right. HODL works better for me and none of the fundamentals for my long position have changed. BTC investment is smallish and likely just a new approach to a hedge for a weak dollar. With the continued willingness of the US government to outspend tax collection in a spectacular fashion, this is likely to prove to be a good tactic IMO. The chip shortage could impact Tesla, but it will impact the industry as well. I’m not smart enough to not HODL ATM, and still boringly expect BIG things in the coming years. I will watch and eat popcorn for you guys trying to time this stuff...

It’s been interesting on this forum recently...The only real news has been BTC and chip shortages. Lots of speculation on timing the market thanks mostly to GB. My observations are simple. Some of you guys are all about timing the market and use options to chase your convictions, nothing new here, it’s just not me. My timing is wrong more than it’s right. HODL works better for me and none of the fundamentals for my long position have changed. BTC investment is smallish and likely just a new approach to a hedge for a weak dollar. With the continued willingness of the US government to outspend tax collection in a spectacular fashion, this is likely to prove to be a good tactic IMO. The chip shortage could impact Tesla, but it will impact the industry as well. I’m not smart enough to not HODL ATM, and still boringly expect BIG things in the coming years. I will watch and eat popcorn for you guys trying to time this stuff...
I'm with you. This is another perfect example that I have no idea WTH is going on, day to day. And, I invest accordingly.

Y'all wanted some volume; well, there you go. ;)

Note that when the Qs last traded at this level was Friday morning, when TSLA was at 840. There has been selling with the macros in TSLA's favor, and with the market dumping it's accelerated.

Hopefully that means the same for the recovery, as this is now a 10% correction. But have we seen the bottom?

• Helpful
Reactions: NooB_cat
All of QQQ dropping hard. Any news?

Let's see is lower BB 806 holds.
Regardless of why the stock might be tanking, there will be a day of reckoning for all the call buyers and (even more so) the put sellers. Is now the time? I don't know, but eventually it will happen. All that "free money" given back and maybe more. Painful.