Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry bit confused on what you're trying to point out here. Many of us here believe that Tesla is at least trying to do 100% growth this year and next year. The growth might actually be more like 75-80% growth.

If Tesla hits at least 75% growth this year and next, that guys "analysis" is very uninformed. But again....we wouldn't know that because he just makes vague comments about valuation without providing any actual numbers or proper analysis.

It's a response to a couple of points:

1. I'm trying to highlight that Tesla is basically calling out exactly what they're going to do publicly unlike many other companies before they do it.
2. I'm looking at all of this analysis around the company and it seems really centered on day trading and one-ups-mans-ship rather than the realities attached to this particular market and company. I haven't watched that video though to make an informed point about that guy (there's a ton of them out there too regurgitating the same info or what they read on Twitter).
3. Calculating 10% profit margin on that level of production gives me price targets of $1500 this year and, likely, $2500 next year. I'm happy with all of that, lol.
4. I'm chillin' and looking at what Elon Musk and this company is doing in amazement.
5. Sometimes social media is just a ton of garbage, I go here to sort out what's relevant.
6. Curt Renz is awesome and will be missed, if he does go. Though, I think it'd be more fun to stick around and enjoy the show that is this company and its trailblazing with people that are passionate, in a good way, about this space.

All this angst over @Curt Renz post. Hopefully my take on it is not wrong, but I took it as more funny. The thought that 2 people voicing their narrow minded opinion would deter Curt from contributing here further, to me, is crazy.

None here are that thin skinned. Well, maybe one as of late comes to mind, but not Curt. :)

EUR%2BM.jpg

BEV D-Segment / Midsize category
EUR%2BD.jpg

BEV E-Segment / Full size category
EUR%2BE.jpg

Analysis in the link

EV Sales: Europe January 2021

Yeah. Funny coincidence, that, leaving houses and equities out of inflation measurement.
Who ever decided that? Serious question - I always found it odd.
Would it increase though? My Mountain View rent prices *decreased* about 20% when I renewed my lease in December. Since then, I think rent has dropped even more. So not all sectors of housing are inflating.

I get the message. Bye, bye TMC. :(
Curt, I get how you feel but please reconsider. 99% of us believe you make this a better place. A few jerks don't speak for all of us.

Some folks here are so intolerant and spastic it isn't funny. If you don't like Curt's postings, just put him on ignore and your problem is solved.

None here are that thin skinned. Well, maybe one as of late comes to mind, but not Curt. :)

I’m sure I hold the record number of posts moved to snippiness when that was still a thing. I can assert with authority there is a lot of easily offended people.

I really can’t explain why because trash talking,
scraps and disagreements add spice to life.

Though any time things were taken too far I reached out.

Nobody wants to be the guy who pushed a valuable forum member out so if you can reach out that would be awesome.

We can’t ever take for granted the number of people and investors who are supporting each other and Tesla.

@Curt Renz I hope you can take the weekend to unwind and come back when you are a bit recharged.

It’s been a nasty week for most of us so I’m sure we’re testier than normal.

Your postings are valuable even if we all might not agree with all of it all the time and that’s a good thing!

Last edited:
Teslarati: Tesla applies for Giga Texas to be a foreign trade zone

From article: "Tesla is seeking to have its Giga Texas production facility recognized as a foreign trade zone for tax reasons. If approved by Travis County, Texas commissioners and the Federal Trade Zones Board, Tesla will save $270,000 per year in all jurisdictions."

"According to the International Trade Administration website, the advantages of being designated as a foreign trade zone include duty exemptions that will eliminate charges on re-exports, duty deferral where federal excise taxes are deferred on imports, and logistical benefits, among others."

The Austin Business Journal writes:

“Through the program, imported inventory and inventory held for export in the foreign trade zone would be exempt from ad valorem tax. The designation could save Tesla $270,000 a year across all taxing jurisdictions, including $53,000 on Travis County taxes, according to county documents.”

Teslarati: Tesla Model S with Yoke Steering wheel hits the public streets: First look

"A Tesla Model S with a Yoke Steering wheel has been caught in the wild, giving the public a first look at Tesla’s futuristic stalkless steering column. A Deep Blue Metallic Model S with a refreshed interior, including the wraparound wood door trim, revised instrument cluster display and horizontal center touchscreen, and Tesla’s highly-anticipated Yoke steering wheel, was spotted in downtown Redwood City in Silicon Valley on Saturday."

Tesla applies for Giga Texas to be a foreign trade zone

"Tesla is seeking to have its Giga Texas production facility recognized as a foreign trade zone for tax reasons. If approved by Travis County, Texas commissioners and the Federal Trade Zones Board, Tesla will save $270,000 per year in all jurisdictions.

"The request from Tesla was discussed during a February 23rd meeting with the Travis County Commission, who supported the effort by approving a non-objection letter with the automaker’s application. Ultimately, the vote of support from local authorities bodes well for Tesla, who plans to begin production at the new Texas facility later this year."​

I suspect this will amount to somewhat moar than $270K/yr... :p

Cheers!

Teslarati: Tesla Model S with Yoke Steering wheel hits the public streets: First look

"A Tesla Model S with a Yoke Steering wheel has been caught in the wild, giving the public a first look at Tesla’s futuristic stalkless steering column. A Deep Blue Metallic Model S with a refreshed interior, including the wraparound wood door trim, revised instrument cluster display and horizontal center touchscreen, and Tesla’s highly-anticipated Yoke steering wheel, was spotted in downtown Redwood City in Silicon Valley on Saturday."

Finally!

Ross Gerber on Twitter: "Two good developments. Looks like I’ll be getting my tesla model S plaid soon. Full review and video to come... and I’m supposed to be getting a arcimoto FUV for the day soon... full video on this as well. #EV $tsla $fuv #ClimateAction" / Twitter

Also looks like deliveries for the Plaid S could actually be starting this week.

Tesla applies for Giga Texas to be a foreign trade zone

"Tesla is seeking to have its Giga Texas production facility recognized as a foreign trade zone for tax reasons. If approved by Travis County, Texas commissioners and the Federal Trade Zones Board, Tesla will save $270,000 per year in all jurisdictions.

"The request from Tesla was discussed during a February 23rd meeting with the Travis County Commission, who supported the effort by approving a non-objection letter with the automaker’s application. Ultimately, the vote of support from local authorities bodes well for Tesla, who plans to begin production at the new Texas facility later this year."​

I suspect this will amount to somewhat moar than $270K/yr... :p

Cheers!

Interplanetary trade zone. We renounce Terra and are future Teslarian immigrants to Mars.

This is fantastic news. Hope it goes through.

Get ready for a shocker....

Fisker Inc. has "completely dropped" solid-state batteries

Fisker Inc. has ‘completely dropped’ solid-state batteries

Henrik Fisker has abandoned his electric vehicle startup’s effort to create a solid-state battery, the Fisker Inc. founder told The Verge in a recent interview.
The startup plans to outsource nearly everything with its cars and will instead focus on design and customer relations.

This thing is painful to read.
Fisker will soon become the passenger car division of Nikola

I just leave it to do your own interpretation on it.

All I can say is that this guy knows what he is talking about. I copied some of his investments and they have been very successful.
Jeremy is right. TSLA will not be the best performer going forward, not even close. But, returns are not everything. If I can only pick one company to put money in before getting hit by a bus, what is it gonna be?
Plus I can think of at least one guy who became the richest man on Earth by making it a better place instead of pursuing money. I’ll go where he goes.

Whenever you hold Curt accountable for his actions (continually posting tweets here from a dude who is not on the forum) he just doubles down and posts another tweet.

PLEASE STOP POSTING GARY BLACK TWEETS.

If I wanted to see his tweets, I would follow him on twitter, which I don't.

This forum is the world's pre-eminent place for discussing TSLA. It is weird that the person behind the "Gary Black Twitter Account" does not post here, if he is a genuine TSLA investor.
Probably was and got ban for posting information without any sources... LOL

Oh man, I was feeling sort of bummed after last week’s meh-market .... so I decided to drive by Giga Texas just now and HOLY SMOKES!!!!! You have to see it in person... whatever smidgeon of doubt I had before was replaced with exuberance. I am thinking, how soon can I buy more shares.

also there were like 10 Tesla’s on side of the road video taping and high fiving and stuff... I was going to honk but I figured 90mph on autopilot is probably not the best thing.

anyway, all I can say is that you truly truly have to see it in person... it doesn’t come across in the video drone footage... like 100s and 100s of workers today on the second floor working. The energy of the place is inspiring.

Is it bad I am sort of hoping we get a more mild downturn on the stock for a bit?
Once this thing starts up it’s going to be a wonder of the world.

For fun, I tried steering my M3P (Sport steering option selected) as if it had a yoke. Pretty difficult. I assume the new S will have some kind of variable steering sensitivity that gives a significant boost for larger angles.

Good cheap entertainment. Snowflakes beware!

It seems that, of late, with battery issues from several OEMs, Nikola lies, and a lot of blue sky from other EV companies, Tesla's lead will not have much in the way of folks nipping at their heels any time soon.

Perhaps boredom is setting in as those looking for the "next TSLA" keep running into dead ends in search for the very thing they can still find by focusing upon the reference point they are trying to beat.

Last edited: