Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when is the re-rebalancing happening? I am tired of market pretending that 1.5% 10yr yield is bad when nasdaq and tsla were rallying at 2-2.5% yield before covid.
If anything, more stimulus has been added and tech has proven to be the future of ways of working (covid or not).

let them buy value stocks like Wells Fargo or Chevron or GM, I will stick with the growth / tech and Tesla.

Macro collapses kill every stock.

Then the investors sort them out.

Reactions: elasalle
I've been looking at the market for growth stocks still cant find a company with a brighter future than Tesla ... been focusing my research the last few months on AI and FSD and every day it gets clearer that Tesla has a huge /growing lead ...the network effect will be similar to GOOGL, FB ...winner take most ... there won't be a viable competitor until the Android equivalent for FSD shows up (apple, google , etc) at which point the disjoint OEMs will have to scramble to get on board ... the problem is this is a slow motion train wreck for OEMs ... it is not happening as fast as the smart phone ... but the results will be just as dire for the OEMs ... all the FUD about the EV competitors is just that FUD... by the time their strategies are realized it will be too late ....

any way here are my DCA purchases the last month or so ... might take a while for the $750, $751 and $800 to be green again ... but in 5 years the $175/share delta will seem minor ...i am now beyond my original share target

Acquired Quantity Cost Basis Per Share
3/4/2021 50 $625.00
3/3/2021 50 $660.00
2/23/2021 15 $676.00
2/23/2021 50 $651.00
2/22/2021 25 $751.00
2/22/2021 25 $715.00
2/22/2021 50 $750.00
1/29/2021 25 $801.00

these purchases are a lot less risky than the shares I bought in 2017/2018/2019 and even 2020 ... never have had greater conviction in a single stock...

Edit : one more point to make on these share purchases they are across multiple accounts some tax advantaged all GTC limit orders ... set it and forget it ... i have a few limit GTC in the $500's/sh hoping we don't see those price points... but will be ready if the FUD machine keeps cranking out the hits....

Speaking of rebalancing, when is S&P 500 rebalancing? After Q1?

If we linger below 695? for to long, won't the S&P500 index holders dump a bunch of shares since our weight has decreased? that sounds like a terrible future outcome given the current sentiment surrounding the stock. We could retest 500 if that happens.

Not quite. It’s a relative weighting. So, if other constituents have also dropped then the overall weight of Tesla may not be all that different. Rebalances usually aren’t major selling or buying (high volume days, but usually not directional) events, Tesla inclusion day excluded.

Macros seem to be doing better than what the rate increase suggest for now. There will be a point that no one gives a crap about bond yields...because bond yields WILL go up from barely nothing...which never correlated with anything ever before except today for whatever reason.

Fed raising rates = different story. Calling BS to the Fed is speculation. Jim Crammer was talking about 2015 inflation scare..all it did was scare since no inflation happened. Inflation in 2015 was 0.12%, while it was 1.26% in 2016. So where the F is all this inflation?
For Inflation, check healthcare, education, housing .

FactChecking has a 17 tweet thread on why he thinks 600 is the bottom.

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1367772564429373440

Yesterday's $600 TSLA low could be close to the near-term bottom. TSLA is oversold, and $600 is a very good deal IMO. A dip below $600 is possible on momentum or negative news, but with caveats & all other things equal I consider it unlikely to last long.

Speaking of rebalancing, when is S&P 500 rebalancing? After Q1?

If we linger below 695? for to long, won't the S&P500 index holders dump a bunch of shares since our weight has decreased? that sounds like a terrible future outcome given the current sentiment surrounding the stock. We could retest 500 if that happens.
Not quite. It’s a relative weighting. So, if other constituents have also dropped then the overall weight of Tesla may not be all that different. Rebalances usually aren’t major selling or buying (high volume days, but usually not directional) events, Tesla inclusion day excluded.

The rebalancing is to adjust the investable weight factors and relative percentages thereof. This covers changes due to new shares issued and/or held-position adjustments which shifts the float percentage.
Changes due to stock price are inherently self adjusting (if a stock goes down, it is then less of a percentage of the index).
So TSLA being down does not directly cause a sell off. It would however reduce the dollar amount purchased as the index total value increases.

• Informative
Reactions: Ipe and AZRI11
It's a thing! Future designs will have more triangles and polygons, plain and simple.
I'm starting to get a bit uneasy about this. :eek:

upload_2021-3-5_6-45-25.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-5_6-42-48.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-5_6-42-48.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 38
  • upload_2021-3-5_6-44-24.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-5_6-44-24.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
As much as market will punish growth stock for strong jobs report, the growth stocks are the ones benefitting the most from a growing economy.

While they (market) are focused on discount rate in a DCF model, they are missing that the cash flow growth will be better in the growing economy.

Exactement! That means exactly in fancy Canadian.

Also PEG is a better metric.